Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

I wonder which track they'll choose to return at? May still seems heavily optimistic to me, maybe by Memorial Day weekend who knows. I'm guessing they will be forced to go out of sequence, and double up on some tracks they hit twice. The Florida governor is the only one I've heard of that is open to the idea of hosting fan-free sporting events, maybe Arizona. Starting off at Daytona again I think would be real cool, and get us all riled up around here again, morale booster.

Seems like they're looking at a return in mid-late May at Homestead and then racing the 600 since it's the teams' home track. Just my guess based on comments from NASCAR and the Miami mayor

Seems like they're looking at a return in mid-late May at Homestead and then racing the 600 since it's the teams' home track. Just my guess based on comments from NASCAR and the Miami mayor

:headbang:Perfect track for Harvick to continue the revenge tour.

I'll take 'NASCAR-owned tracks that are closest to Charlotte' for $2000, Alex!
Southern 500 in May or is Darlington getting 2 races, which I would be completely okay with. The Trans South Financial 400 returns!
Probably just this one. It gives NASCAR an easy way to work out the kinks within an easy distance from the team shops, at a track with a relatively small seating capacity so they don't sacrifice as much income if seating is allowed elsewhere later in the season.

All talk.

North Carolina isn't anywhere close to reopening because the testing capacity is not even close to where it should be right now.
The More I read about lack of testing everywhere or maybe not lack of testing but the obstacles in the wake of testing might be a better phrase....... Im starting to think we might not be racing again until around when the PGA Starts up in mid June or even later. Some on here have said the next race will be in February of 2021, I dont know I just wish I had the same optimism we are racing this year that I had a week ago.

The More I read about lack of testing everywhere or maybe not lack of testing but the obstacles in the wake of testing might be a better phrase....... Im starting to think we might not be racing again until around when the PGA Starts up in mid June or even later. Some on here have said the next race will be in February of 2021, I dont know I just wish I had the same optimism we are racing this year that I had a week ago.

I don't think there will be much racing this year, and no chance of fans at these events. The way everyone is acting right now with protests and mass gatherings, because our government is helping businesses over people, we're probably going to see a second wave this fall.

I'll take 'NASCAR-owned tracks that are closest to Charlotte' for $2000, Alex!

Probably just this one. It gives NASCAR an easy way to work out the kinks within an easy distance from the team shops, at a track with a relatively small seating capacity so they don't sacrifice as much income if seating is allowed elsewhere later in the season.
I think the buck n a half and the Roval at Charlotte are going to get a workout also if I had to guess.

Seriously thinking of giving Darlington money to let me sneak in and watch the race

Lmao I picture the parking lot of whichever track that holds the first race without fans to look like the Korean DMZ or no man's land in WW1. State police/local law enforcement camped out outside the track ready to fight any redneck who steps foot on track property with an empty parking lot between the two sides.

If you think law enforcement goes after those knuckleheads who climb the retaining fences, just try being the only person in the grandstands.

I’m honestly bummed about all this because I was totally in love with the 2020 NASCAR schedule changes. Will have to try it next year I guess

I see on Twitter that people are advocating for NASCAR to run Rockingham and North Wilkesboro THIS year if there are going to be zero fans in attendance. . What in the world? Craziness all around I tell you.

What have I told you about that?
to stay away ha ha. I just cant believe honestly how dumb people are . Like I'm all for going back to those places if it could be done and made $ense. But to just go back now because the tracks are "In North Carolina and close to the teams" that just isnt feasible lmao. Ugh.

Well maybe not defunct tracks, but what about places like Myrtle Beach?
Myrtle Beach stopped hosting Busch races over a decade ago because they could no longer afford to pay the application fees. Don't think NASCAR is going to suddenly start awarding Cup dates to tracks out of the goodness of its (non-existent) heart.

Tracks that have already anted up will get races first. NASCAR is obligated to them and it isn't going write refund checks without a gun to its corporate head. It isn't like Myrtle Beach is that much closer than NASCAR-owned Martinsville. Even if it was significantly nearer, haulers have to go right by Darlington to get there.

I see on Twitter that people are advocating for NASCAR to run Rockingham and North Wilkesboro THIS year if there are going to be zero fans in attendance. . What in the world? Craziness all around I tell you.
Twitter does not require IQ testing prior to registration of a new account.

That’s unfortunate.

If there’s going to be no fans why not just race as many GA, NC, SC, TN and VA tracks as you can
How many of those tracks are NASCAR sanctioned as well as have the required NASCAR safety regulations? I dont know if its as easy as you make it sound there.

If this is true I hope its not the Southern 500 and if its not and Darlington will get a second race, who is gonna lose one?
I can see Dover losing a date and doing what Pocono is doing in terms of a mass (double) weekend. It would probably hello Dover because they have had to downsize to accommodate.

Its the only track I can think of to take a date from, maybe Texas?

Back
Top Bottom