Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

The schedule is one race at a time.

The real effect of "opening" will present 2-4 weeks from now. The scientists are not optimistic.

Tracks with 1 date that are long distance....Sonoma, The Glen, New Hamp, Chicagoland, Kentucky.

The schedule is one race at a time.

The real effect of "opening" will present 2-4 weeks from now. The scientists are not optimistic.

What you say is true, it is 1 tentative race at a time, with nothing set in stone. But we have to start somewhere.

I'd like to see Allen Bestwick get back it during the NBC portion of the schedule and Rick Allen put on Curling or something other NBC does.

Team Rick up with Rutledge and Mikey pre-grid walk ;)

... But we have to start somewhere.
Agree. Start with testing everybody for Covid-19 before they enter facility # 1.

I would prefer not to hear how difficult / impossible / unfair / expensive that would be. Tell it to the Utah Jazz.

Agree. Start with testing everybody for Covid-19 before they enter facility # 1.

I would prefer not to hear how difficult / impossible / unfair / expensive that would be. Tell it to the Utah Jazz.

I think we both know why they won't be doing that. Don't want to hijack the thread, let's inbox if we want to discuss further.

Just brutal news for me being a fan of and living only 30 min from Chicagoland Speedway, before this year I've only missed 5 races in its entire Cup history. With the layoffs at the track I wonder if this is it for the track, at least that's what I am being led to believe on Reddit. As for this year..... Man this sucks.

Some need to bone up on your track guessing. Texas is located in the 4th largest metro area in the country and Kansas?

I don’t dislike Rut but I can’t stand the ‘Infield Lifestyle’ crapola he’s assigned.
thats a great way to phrase it, my problem is more with the brain dead infield garbage assignments he covers than actually him. I actually have found him more tolerable, I also find him more relatable than Mikey on Fox who is the absolute worst but has made alot of money from Fox playing the dumb fool.

thats a great way to phrase it, my problem is more with the brain dead infield garbage assignments he covers than actually him. I actually have found him more tolerable, I also find him more relatable than Mikey on Fox who is the absolute worst but has made alot of money from Fox playing the dumb fool.
I know it's not everyones cup of tea but I actually enjoy the corny comical skits that Rutledge and Mikey do for the viewers entertainment. Just like I enjoy the corny stuff the Harlem Globe Trotters does or the comical skits the rodeo clowns / bull fighters do at the rodeo. Even though the rodeo clowns / bull fighters main and most important job is keeping the riders safe they still put on a very funny comedy act while doing it. Maybe the reason I enjoy that type of goofiness so much and don't take the humorous stuff so serious is because I chose a pretty stress or pressure filled career path being responsible for the safe transportation and on time arrival of over a million dollars worth of racing equipment on a weekly basis, and then when at the track having the responsibility of working on a race car that if you make a mistake could cost your driver or the driver in the next lane their life. Maybe now that I'm retired with no pressure I won't enjoy it so much. :)

I know it's not everyones cup of tea but I actually enjoy the corny comical skits that Rutledge and Mikey do for the viewers entertainment. Just like I enjoy the corny stuff the Harlem Globe Trotters does or the comical skits the rodeo clowns / bull fighters do at the rodeo. Even though the rodeo clowns / bull fighters main and most important job is keeping the riders safe they still put on a very funny comedy act while doing it. Maybe the reason I enjoy that type of goofiness so much and don't take the humorous stuff so serious is because I chose a pretty stress or pressure filled career path being responsible for the safe transportation and on time arrival of over a million dollars worth of racing equipment on a weekly basis, and then when at the track having the responsibility of working on a race car that if you make a mistake could cost your driver or the driver in the next lane their life. Maybe now that I'm retired with no pressure I won't enjoy it so much. :)
I have no objection to buffoonery in its place. I love the Stooges and Marx Brothers. But for me, its place isn’t in the middle of a sports broadcast. Just one idjit’s opinion.

I have no objection to buffoonery in its place. I love the Stooges and Marx Brothers. But for me, its place isn’t in the middle of a sports broadcast. Just one idjit’s opinion.
Ah yes the Stooges... I couldn't hardly wait until 8.00 am on Saturday mornings when I was a young whipper snapper a few centuries ago. I still wear my hair like Curly. :)

Really enjoyed Vaudeville in previous life.

I think Waltrip is more humorous than Rutledge. Rut gets into more situational fan stuff (probably his assignment), while Mikey cracks wise. Waltrip is a decent not great announcer in the truck series, doesn't scream his fool head off and he's quick with a laugh. I would like to see him and Clint call a race myself.

People still hate Rutledge? I actually like him a lot more since he joined NBC.
Yeah I know, dude gets so much hate , I got to meet him in 2012 at PIR, dude was super nice in person to me and my wife and took pics with both of us , I would hang out with him any time, he doesnt deserve the amount of hate he gets IMO, now, some of the fluff pieces he does?, sure, I get that.

Yeah I know, dude gets so much hate , I got to meet him in 2012 at PIR, dude was super nice in person to me and my wife and took pics with both of us , I would hang out with him any time, he doesnt deserve the amount of hate he gets IMO, now, some of the fluff pieces he does?, sure, I get that.

I didn't like his shtick on SPEED, but I like his segments a lot more on NBC. I really don't mind those segments, capturing the atmosphere is part of NBC's thing.

I found this. I feel uneasy about all this, this really stinks. Chicagoland is a pretty good facility to watch a race from and being a ticket holder for 19 years I could list the missteps that didn’t help the track succeed but remember about this time two months ago the internet wanted to shut down Homestead Speedway. So hopefully this conjecture is much ado about nothing

I didn't like his shtick on SPEED, but I like his segments a lot more on NBC. I really don't mind those segments, capturing the atmosphere is part of NBC's thing.
Yeah, for the most I don't either, just some can be a bit cringe worthy.

Back
Top Bottom