Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

To the old school fans who love Rockingham, if you love it so much why didn't you show up when it hosted Cup or Trucks?

Attachments

• 20210729_213030.jpg
    20210729_213030.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210729_213031.jpg
    20210729_213031.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 90
Yeah, I was a high school kid living in Ohio
I don’t know what a post like that expects “if you love track X so much why didn’t you show up??” Like I’m supposed to feel bad I was a college freshman in 03/04 and didn’t have the disposable income I have now to travel to a Cup race in another state lmao.

To the old school fans who love Rockingham, if you love it so much why didn't you show up when it hosted Cup or Trucks?
You can bet that unless Nashville fixes their parking and traffic routing, there will be a ton of fans who don’t return to the track based on that huge inconvenience - no matter how good the ontrack product is. Customer experience is #1.

Same problem The Rock had. Also, they scheduled races in February in North Carolina. It’s cold. Again, customer experience. Not many southerners were willing to sit out in 50 degree weather for hours to watch a race, and then deal with traffic problems going home.

You can bet that unless Nashville fixes their parking and traffic routing, there will be a ton of fans who don’t return to the track based on that huge inconvenience - no matter how good the ontrack product is. Customer experience is #1.

Same problem The Rock had. Also, they scheduled races in February in North Carolina. It’s cold. Again, customer experience. Not many southerners were willing to sit out in 50 degree weather for hours to watch a race, and then deal with traffic problems going home.
I’m confused as to why Rockingham was even brought up in this thread, I scrolled through the last few pages did I miss some news about NASCAR racing returning?

I’m confused as to why Rockingham was even brought up in this thread, I scrolled through the last few pages did I miss some news about NASCAR racing returning?
Racing Forum rule Section 32A.(G)(4)(c) states all racing forum threads must include a discussion related to NASCAR's return to Rockingham, notwithstanding said subject title.

Hindsight is always 20/20 folks. NASCAR needs to return to its traditions for sure! But part of it's bigger issue is poor dates at facilities and overpriced tickets. We see this in a lot of sports though! Who the hell wants to go to a Midweek baseball game in Detroit in April? Not many.

With the exception of football, tickets by and large are overpriced and that drove a lot of people away in a ton of sports

Trollers gotta troll.
falling for the troll is another thing. If Rockingham should fail, the what I hate about Nascar troll usually works. If neither works the troller has a tough crowd and will have to revert to troll of all trolls, the 550 package. Honorable mention goes to plate racing, but it has to be placed date correctly when a Super Speedway date is eminent and isn't very effective the rest of the time

Meh, it’s a thread about schedule changes and fans obviously want it back on the schedule.

raw

The thread title included the phrase 'possible schedule changes'. Rockingham (North Wilkesboro / Chicago / Kentucky / the pre-Chase points system / Carl Edwards / a McRib worth eating) isn't possibly coming back.

I repeat,

1627668396599.png

Hmm could be the bell cow indicator about the COTA race happening next year again. The Smith's must have made a buck or two leasing the track
I hope COTA gets another chance after the weather they had. You might be right on this one.

It would have helped not to take 3 hours to get out of the track
I've done the 4 hour program to get out of Portland International Raceway back in the CART days....with a twist. Four hours while you could watch the cars go by on the Interstate you needed about 1/4 mile away. Agonizing, but I didn't stop going until the split.

I'd completely forgotten that sucker, mostly because they won't be running enough laps to make it worth the trip. I hope it comes through for you and you have an fantastic time!
It may be a short race, but my neice lives down in Florence SC so hit the race and then go visit her.

Any idea how well Matt D. would run at North Wilkesboro or the Rock? I was wondering if either of these tracks are a good fit for his driving style and if he would most likely be in a Ford?
depends on the pushrods he's running at those tracks.

Back
Top Bottom