Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

I bet the team hauler drivers are not crazy about this new schedule. They have to drive all the way across country to California during the first week of February when the weather is not usually very good. Then they have to drive in downtown LA on the city streets they are not familiar with, and is not in the best part of town. Then after the race they have to drive all the way back across country to race in Florida next... and then turn around and drive all the way back across country to California again to start off the first of a three race western swing... and then drive all the way back across country again for the next race.:(

I bet the team hauler drivers are not crazy about this new schedule. They have to drive all the way across country to California during the first week of February when the weather is not usually very good. Then they have to drive in downtown LA on the city streets they are not familiar with, and is not in the best part of town. Then after the race they have to drive all the way back across country to race in Florida next... and then turn around and drive all the way back across country to California again to start off the first of a three race western swing... and then drive all the way back across country again for the next race.:(

Yeah. I’m not a fan of Speedweeks in Daytona being shortened. I liked the Clash in Daytona as a Superspeedway exhibition gentleman’s race, maybe they need to keep it to a 15-20 car race?

I think the All-Star Race in LA makes a lot of sense lol. Move the Sonoma race to the week before to cut travel.

I also think California Speedway short track should host the finale race but that’s my personal opinion.

Spend all the money the state wants to flush down the pipes but that doesn't guarantee a top-three series race date. Newer facilities in larger markets haven't been able to get or keep races. NASCAR isn't currently interested in more races in central NC. There are other parts of the country that are underserved.

Spending that kind of money for a single SRX race is a waste of money that could better be spent at a short track that's already operating at a proft. Bownan-Gray, for example, could add an SRX date to its existing weekly schedule.
Exactly, that's why Nashville Fairgrounds is the likelier venue than North Wilkesboro for SMI to commit to.

It's a historic short track, in the heart of one of the fastest growing major cities in America

Exactly, that's why Nashville Fairgrounds is the likelier venue than North Wilkesboro for SMI to commit to.

It's a historic short track, in the heart of one of the fastest growing major cities in America

They aren’t doing this for NASCAR specifically.

So I watch this dude’s YouTube videos sometimes. He was at The Rock just this month, they got unfiltered access

Yeah. I’m not a fan of Speedweeks in Daytona being shortened. I liked the Clash in Daytona as a Superspeedway exhibition gentleman’s race, maybe they need to keep it to a 15-20 car race?

I think the All-Star Race in LA makes a lot of sense lol. Move the Sonoma race to the week before to cut travel.

I also think California Speedway short track should host the finale race but that’s my personal opinion.
I think you're on to something here. While Homestead is also awesome, the advantage of the west coast is a usual lack of rain. Don't want your championship postponed

And the Truck races at Rockingham were a success from an attendance standpoint.
If the Truck races at Rockingham had been an attendance success, the series would still be running there.

I don't know what you saw, but I remember almost-empty stands in 1 and 2, and maybe 1/4 full on the front stretch.

Yeah, but one advantage NW has over Nash is that the locals actually want racing there.

If the Truck races at Rockingham had been an attendance success, the series would still be running there.

I don't know what you saw, but I remember almost-empty stands in 1 and 2, and maybe 1/4 full on the front stretch.

Idk I’m watching 2013 and it’s a pretty solid crowd for a place that seats 35,000. Financial difficulties were different than attendance issues.

So I watch this dude’s YouTube videos sometimes. He was at The Rock just this month, they got unfiltered access

He’s by far the best YouTube subscription I’ve come across in a long time

Locals want racing in Nashville. SRX was packed.
I think most places want racing. Biggest issue with the sport is quite simply ticket prices. Sure it's lower than some other major league sports, but our attendance is declining at quite a quicker pace. You're even starting to see this in college football as well, just need to take the lumps and try to grow the sport via better crowds

I think most places want racing. Biggest issue with the sport is quite simply ticket prices. Sure it's lower than some other major league sports, but our attendance is declining at quite a quicker pace. You're even starting to see this in college football as well, just need to take the lumps and try to grow the sport via better crowds

Well Nashville Superspeedway sold out pretty quick so I think it’s a good market

Kids under 12 free admission Trucks and Xfinity or 10 bucks for Cup races at most tracks.

Okay, so the 2022 schedules were announced weeks ago. The first legitimate signs of 2023 dates, usually revealed by ticket renewal e-mails, are months down the road.

Y'all enjoy speculating. I'll check this thread around May, unless someone decides it's time to start a new one.

Not sure how this would work with a full field, but it would be unfortunate if the Fontana reconfiguration doesn’t come to fruition.

I hope Fontana stays, the races did get decent turnout and the track actually WAS unique

There are only 2 2 mile speedways on the Cup schedule.

Not sure how this would work with a full field, but it would be unfortunate if the Fontana reconfiguration doesn’t come to fruition.

Well if the Fontana conversion doesn’t happen it’ll make a nice fantasy track in video games. I kind of raised an eyebrow at the Coliseum race in that if it is a success my thoughts was 1.) you might not have to change Fontana after all and save money perhaps 2.) you can use the Coliseum set up as a roving short track on each years schedule in a market that doesn’t have a Cup race (Chicago-Soldier Field, Denver-Mile High, Seattle-Qwest Field) and Stage it in different stadiums 3.) maybe that money is taken they could have been used on Fontana and used elsewhere.

Is Texas on notice? I can’t imagine they’d ever leave there. That track has been screwed up by configurations, traction compound and whatever else. Really shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. Could we actually live in a world where COTA is the Texas stop on the schedule and TMS is left to die? I can’t see it.

I think it’s interesting we may be cannonballing towards a series with very few 1.5 mile tracks. Now that IndyCar is a road course series essentially, 1.5-2 mile tracks are basically pointless.

Is Texas on notice? I can’t imagine they’d ever leave there. That track has been screwed up by configurations, traction compound and whatever else. Really shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. Could we actually live in a world where COTA is the Texas stop on the schedule and TMS is left to die? I can’t see it.

Why not? Seriously Atlanta may have the right idea, bank the hell out of it and get speeds up. Might be the only way to truly improve the 1.5 track.

I maintain the critical failure of these tracks are the “D” shape. True ovals allow for multiple lines of racing

I don’t think they want to leave DFW, but if there were any other track that could use being reconfigured into a short oval it’s TMS. I don’t think it’s redeemable in its current form and getting called out like that seems significant.

I don’t think they want to leave DFW, but if there were any other track that could use being reconfigured into a short oval it’s TMS. I don’t think it’s redeemable in its current form and getting called out like that seems significant.
It's the track's job to advertise the event

Good looks.

Anyone can join it? Oh my goodness...
Not anyone
IMG_20211105_211806.png

Oh ****** come on. I've been looking forward to that reconfiguration for a year.

I thought they were going to sell part of the property because the land is so valuable?

Back
Top Bottom