Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

Does the naturally organic red grass that grows alongside the COTA perimeter turns in to an orange Fall or Autumn
unnamed.jpg
like color this time of year?

If this is indeed the early payoff to having a race at the Nashville Superspeedway, I’ll take it. Gives them more than a year to get the Fairgrounds Cup ready
Nashville signed a multi-year deal to be in the schedule.

It does give it time, but if the attendance is good you have to keep in mind Dover International took a race from Dover to give Nashville another shot with the interest from the Nashville area. If it catches on along with Nashville, the Fairgrounds, and Bristol as well. This would be huge for motorsport interests, not to mention the Music City GP for Nashville as well.

A lot going on in central Tennessee.

Nashville signed a multi-year deal to be in the schedule.

It does give it time, but if the attendance is good you have to keep in mind Dover International took a race from Dover to give Nashville another shot with the interest from the Nashville area. If it catches on along with Nashville, the Fairgrounds, and Bristol as well. This would be huge for motorsport interests, not to mention the Music City GP for Nashville as well.

A lot going on in central Tennessee.
I cant see both the speedway and Fairgrounds having a race each while also Bristol keeping it's two. I thought everyone was worried about saturation when Tennessee will have 4 races in that area.

I cant see both the speedway and Fairgrounds having a race each while also Bristol keeping it's two. I thought everyone was worried about saturation when Tennessee will have 4 races in that area.
I can see spring date for Bristol being moved of the dirt experiment is not successful.

Dover has a 4 year deal so SMI will move one of their races to open a slot for the Fairgrounds, the money they are investing guarantees it.

Dover has a 4 year deal so SMI will move one of their races to open a slot for the Fairgrounds, the money they are investing guarantees it.
SMI..... what tracks are those again I'm drawing a blank.

Reminds me when everyone was questioning ISC moving the finale to Phoenix.

They just reconfigured the track, added new amenities such as the re-done infield... They want the money back they invested into the track ASAP.

Vegas, Bristol,Charlotte, Texas, Loudon, Atlanta,Sonoma
ah thanks there it is. Maybe Loudon will get moved, I dont want Bristol to lose a date but I would think thatd be most logical if this dirt race gets bad reviews.

There's gotta be something we don't know about... something involving the dynamic between SMI at the Fairgrounds and Dover at the Superspeedway. When the Superspeedway race was announced, it was said to be potentially beneficial to the Fairgrounds. But how? I've never understood that.

As mentioned by @Spotter22, the Superspeedway has a 4-year sanction agreement, and will be making significant capital expenditures to make the venue Cup-ready. If the race is passably successful, that would seem to preclude NASCAR doing anything at the Fairgrounds... unless there is some undisclosed situation that would enable SMI to ride into town and replace the Dover group in Nashville.

I predict SMI buying the assets of the Dover group. They may have an option or something already... although I'd think a public company would have to announce such a thing...?

There's gotta be something we don't know about... something involving the dynamic between SMI at the Fairgrounds and Dover at the Superspeedway. When the Superspeedway race was announced, it was said to be potentially beneficial to the Fairgrounds. But how? I've never understood that.

As mentioned by @Spotter22, the Superspeedway has a 4-year sanction agreement, and will be making significant capital expenditures to make the venue Cup-ready. If the race is passably successful, that would seem to preclude NASCAR doing anything at the Fairgrounds... unless there is some undisclosed situation that would enable SMI to ride into town and replace the Dover group in Nashville.

I predict SMI buying the assets of the Dover group. They may have an option or something already... although I'd think a public company would have to announce such a thing...?
I think the Market can handle 2 Cup races a year and Dover and SMI will try to work together with the "rising tide lifts all boats" theory. JMO

“Better figure out a way to catch the 9,” chuckles Logano about Chase Elliott. Elliott has won the last four straight road course races.

Came here to post this...

I'm already resigned that to the fact that I won't be going to Martinsville in April and Pocono in June seems unlikely too. ugh....:(
Pocono may be limited capacity, as the Eagles have been allowing 7,000 fans. I can see them allowing 5-10k there.

I am lined up for Atlanta and Bristol...It will be a bummer if both get the fan ax.

Nah I’m confident the vaccines will be rolling by February at full speed (not political, just seems to be improving).

This thing should die out pretty quick once vaccinated. Herd immunity almost killed the Spanish Flu overnight

Nah I’m confident the vaccines will be rolling by February at full speed (not political, just seems to be improving).

This thing should die out pretty quick once vaccinated. Herd immunity almost killed the Spanish Flu overnight
Don't forget a second shot is required. There's also all those folks who say they aren't going to get a shot.

70 - 80% of the population must be vaccinated twice in order to achieve herd immunity.

I don’t share your confidence.

Practice and qualifying confirmed for eight Cup races in 2021​

On Friday, NASCAR competition officials confirmed that eight Cup races this season will be conducted with practice and qualifying sessions.
Following the 2021 Cup schedule’s release last September, chief racing development officer Steve O’Donnell mentioned a plan to hold practice and qualifying sessions ahead of races at new venues and configurations, as well as at other key events.
Today’s confirmation proves that to be the case. Here’s the list of races:
  • Feb. 14 – Daytona 500
  • March 28 – Bristol Motor Speedway Dirt
  • May 23 – Circuit of the Americas
  • May 30 – Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway
  • June 20 – Nashville Superspeedway
  • July 4 – Road America
  • Aug. 15 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
  • Nov. 7 – NASCAR Cup Series Championship at Phoenix Raceway
Per NASCAR, officials indicated that plans to potentially include practice and qualifying sessions for NASCAR Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series races will be determined at a later date.

Additionally, official weekend schedules, including details on a qualifying format and amount of practice time, have not been released

On SHR podcast, Stewart on no Eldora truck race: NASCAR didn't take us off the schedule..We just didn't renew our contract :idunno:

Brilliant move by Tony (I'm not being sarcastic).

The Trucks got his track mainstream attention and the fans will be begging NASCAR for Eldora to return to the schedule. A Cup race there is now increasingly likely in a few years

Back
Top Bottom