Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

The variety in these schedules are/is fantastic.

Trucks at Sonoma? Oh my goodness, that sounds like an absolute mess. Also, is it me or the truck schedule is shorter than usual?
I think it might seem that way because the second half of the calendar year is so thin. Through May and June they run eight straight weekends and then run the playoffs with seven races in over three months.

I'm a little hesitant about Xfinity at Portland. The Indycar guys can't get thru the first turn doing 30mph. Xfinity drivers will be inching thru and getting their cars bent

I'm a little hesitant about Xfinity at Portland. The Indycar guys can't get thru the first turn doing 30mph. Xfinity drivers will be inching thru and getting their cars bent
We say this everytime we have a new road course...STOCKCARS CAN TAKE CONTACT!

During the driver’s meeting they’ll be “advised” to contain their enthusiasm until the field starts to string out. After that, it’s up to them.

It’s far from an impossible task.

During the driver’s meeting they’ll be “advised” to contain their enthusiasm until the field starts to string out. After that, it’s up to them.

It’s far from an impossible task.
And after the driver's meeting they will go out and run 4 wide into turn one. The backmarkers will run into themselves before they get to the starting line and Nascar will re rack until they get all thru there. On to turn 2

And after the driver's meeting they will go out and run 4 wide into turn one. The backmarkers will run into themselves before they get to the starting line and Nascar will re rack until they get all thru there. On to turn 2
Oh ye of little faith. 😎

They’re getting closer to making IMS weekend better…….

Beyond disappointed Pikes Peak International Raceway and the state of Colorado isn’t trying to bring NASCAR

The Trucks at Knoxville. That will be a nightmare unless they get people who can keep up with the track.
Leaving Eldora was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. That race was pure garbage and the drivers treated it as a joke, just went full demo derby on each other. The only way Knoxville works is if they do single file restarts

Leaving Eldora was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. That race was pure garbage and the drivers treated it as a joke, just went full demo derby on each other. The only way Knoxville works is if they do single file restarts
Eh, they lost the track

Interesting conversation between Matthew Dilner and the Save the Speedway people on Twitter on the subject of whether North Wilkesboro will come back as a dirt track. Dilner is all for it. They countered with the argument leaving it asphalt opens the door for more opportunities. I guess they mean car shows and things like that. I suppose that depends on the health of pavement racing in that area and whether they could draw enough people for big events. I know they'd pack it for a Cup, Xfinity, or truck race.

Interesting conversation between Matthew Dilner and the Save the Speedway people on Twitter on the subject of whether North Wilkesboro will come back as a dirt track. Dilner is all for it. They countered with the argument leaving it asphalt opens the door for more opportunities. I guess they mean car shows and things like that. I suppose that depends on the health of pavement racing in that area and whether they could draw enough people for big events. I know they'd pack it for a Cup, Xfinity, or truck race.
I'd argue for dirt, you'd actually be able to get more big national dirt series in then pavement series. You could have the World of Outlaws sprint cars and late models lucas oil late models, usac.

I think it's coming back as an SRX track I dont personally ever see Xfinity or Cup going back there. Maybe Trucks standalone event. I just have a hard time even believing SRX is going to race there.

I think the thing nascar needs to do is go to some these places for a year or two and move on to keep things different and keep interest up. New tracks put on a good show because of the unknown, but eventually teams science them out and the excitement generally drops off. Look at Nashville this year everyone was down about it, but it put on a good show because it caught teams off guard. Now if we run there for 5 years straight don't expect that

I think it's coming back as an SRX track I dont personally ever see Xfinity or Cup going back there. Maybe Trucks standalone event. I just have a hard time even believing SRX is going to race there.
You can't keep a track open on one SRX race a year.

Dope. Move Knoxville or that Bristol spring event to North Wilkesboro. Partner with SMI I guess if you have to.

I'd argue for dirt, you'd actually be able to get more big national dirt series in then pavement series. You could have the World of Outlaws sprint cars and late models lucas oil late models, usac.
Which would be awesome! Toughest thing about moving down to the South, a serious lack of sprint cars and dirt tracks. A 6/10 mile low banked oval would be a speed plant for sure

Has it been determined the track is opening in the first place?
Not yet. But the Smiths are allowing Dale Jr. to be a part of a group that is looking to re-open the track. There appears to be some momentum for it. We'll see.

Which would be awesome! Toughest thing about moving down to the South, a serious lack of sprint cars and dirt tracks. A 6/10 mile low banked oval would be a speed plant for sure
I could see it as a "southern swing" for the Outlaws, they race at Charlotte put it with Wilkesboro and Cherokee speedway is running its first 410 race here in a few weeks before World Finals and you could have a nice 3 track swing.

Back
Top Bottom