Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

Bold prediction 2023 - Daytona to become a 1/4 mile short track and/or Bristol made into a 1.5 miler! Largely unexpected 😜.
:flushed: :flushed: :XXROFL: :sarcasm::sarcasm:
I doubt Marcus Smith wants to get murdered

It won't take long to go through their $9 million just doing those two things.
Which makes me think something is in the works there. I dunno if it is Cup but maybe The Rock was assured of something (Trucks/Xfinity/ARCA/SRX) because you're right that money is gonna go quick.

Which makes me think something is in the works there. I dunno if it is Cup but maybe The Rock was assured of something (Trucks/Xfinity/ARCA/SRX) because you're right that money is gonna go quick.

That place needs to be repaved if they're going to host any kind of racing outside the club races they've had out there. Hoosier was gonna have to develop a special tire compound just for the CARS Tour race, and because of supply chain issues, they just couldn't make that happen.

If the deal is approved, Bristol Motor Speedway would agree to a long-term contract to lease and operate Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway and assume financial responsibility for track renovations, operation costs and maintenance.

The Metro Council would issue no more than $50 million in bonds for renovations to the racetrack, with debt and project costs being covered by racing and event revenue.

One thing I find interesting about North Wilkesboro is some of the current photos how it appears how much banking turns 3 and 4 appear to have. I watched a lot of races there years ago and always considered it to have some banking. But it never looked as step as it does in the new pictures. TV distorts a lot.

Will someone explain to me the hullabaloo about this Fairgrounds track? Isn't there already a perfectly good track in Nashville that NASCAR raced on last year? I ask as someone who's never seen one track, and seen the other only on TV.

Highly doubt both NorthWilkes & Rockingham are both back on a Cup schedule but I wouldn’t mind seeing Atlanta & Darlington lose a race for each of those since they all cover the same area.

"They also plan to redesign the track" umm that better just be pitroad stuff and not SMIs usual way of designing a track
I missed that part at first. I don’t think there’s really room to change the size or shape of the track so maybe that refers to banking? I think they plan to repave it right away, might be a part of that.

Will someone explain to me the hullabaloo about this Fairgrounds track? Isn't there already a perfectly good track in Nashville that NASCAR raced on last year? I ask as someone who's never seen one track, and seen the other only on TV.
The Fairgrounds is made for short track racing. High banks and multiple grooves have provided great racing for years and it has a unique atmosphere, fun, exciting, unpredictable. I've raced there many times and its just so much fun and its gonna be a homerun to get it back on the schedule.

Highly doubt both NorthWilkes & Rockingham are both back on a Cup schedule but I wouldn’t mind seeing Atlanta & Darlington lose a race for each of those since they all cover the same area.
Since that was done, I’ve wondered if that’s the exact reason why. Placeholder dates.

They could be going back to running the Trucks and Xfinities at more standalone races.
They could, and I'd love to see it. It wouldn't bother me if the only triple-header weekends were the season openers and closers. I see the biggest hurdle being the TV networks. They like having all of a weekend's races in one place; races in two places double the coverage costs.

Stray thought: I wonder if NASCAR gets less money for the current standalone races to offset those additional costs?

SMI could move a date from Atlanta to the Fairgrounds and move a date from Bristol to North Wilkesboro, especially if it's made into a dirt track.

Quite showy, got a full number of high roller suites, a really nice fan experience, what is not to like

1638295065251.png

looks amazing. That Speedway Alley outside the track entrances looks pretty much like Yawkey Way in front of Fenway. Hope this goes through

I wouldn't get your hopes up yet, there is one more hurdle to cross. Pending approval from local councils

I wouldn't get your hopes up yet, there is one more hurdle to cross. Pending approval from local councils

Even if the Fairgrounds race doesn’t pan out (it will), we’re getting North Wilkesboro back soon and the LA Coliseum next year and maybe ACS still.

The Short Track REVOLUTION has arrived. 🤘🤘🤘

SMI could move a date from Atlanta to the Fairgrounds and move a date from Bristol to North Wilkesboro, especially if it's made into a dirt track.
SMI now owns Dover and Nashville SS. I’d bet Dover’s date goes to North Wilkesboro.

I can’t wait for the upcoming North Wilkesboro announcements. It’s happening. It’s ****** happening.

🤘🤘🤘

That's okay, I have no clue why they think NW will get a Cup date from anywhere.
yep, it is one thing to pour money in a facility that is smack dab in the middle of a large city that is in one of Nascar's most popular areas in comparison to a track that has already failed, in total disrepair and is out in the toolies, but whatever.

I can't wait for North Wilkesboro to be dirt and Andy to say it's the worst thing ever. (I continue this thought in the podium race thread)

Back
Top Bottom