Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

Harvick brought up a good idea yesterday. Saying we should use the Clash to improve infrastructure at racetracks around the country. Instead of spending millions building a track, just to rip it back out why not use that money to improve our existing tracks and support the short tracks?

I guess he makes a good point. We could improve what we already have and use it to benefit the future. Now what tracks you do this to? I have no clue

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I'd agree more if the Colosseum was definitely going to be a regular part of the schedule, with millions being spent year after year after year to rebuild the track. So far, it's not. Other than the track itself, the Colosseum already has a huge local market of (young) potential ticket buyers, with the infrastructure necessary to support them AND the TV production team.

I'd agree more if the Colosseum was definitely going to be a regular part of the schedule, with millions being spent year after year after year to rebuild the track. So far, it's not. Other than the track itself, the Colosseum already has a huge local market of (young) potential ticket buyers, with the infrastructure necessary to support them AND the TV production team.
The figure I hear was around a million to build the track. In today's world that isn't that much compared to what they will make for having the race there IMO. Who knows, maybe they will start to do that all over the country.

What are their complaints? I can see Daytona businesses having a reason to complain. Otherwise, this isn't coming out of the pockets of any other stakeholders.
Let’s be fair, fans complain about a lot of stuff that make no sense. I mean hell look at the reaction to number placement changing lol. I agree it’s no reason to complain here, but I can see it being a thing because they complain when anything changes

Eh, the Clash/Shootout has always been about making it an event since the early 2000’s. Don’t see the big deal.

Eh, the Clash/Shootout has always been about making it an event since the early 2000’s. Don’t see the big deal.
I think NASCAR is doing a hell of a job with this. Spectacular. Just awesome.

Have we heard anything about ticket sales yet? I heard the 500 is sold out be haven't heard anything about the Clash

I would expect that being it's CA and how they deal with Covid, but was just wondering how strong sales are compared to forecasted

Do we know what was forecast? If not, comparing them is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Do we know what was forecast? If not, comparing them is going to be a bit of a challenge.
Maybe we don't but someone had to of predicted sales. I'm thinking a sell out might be optimistic, but they have to have some expectations. Google says 78k seating

Tickets are available

cf200d7b-130b-400d-af5a-41b305556eb6_1408261_TABLET_LANDSCAPE_LARGE_16_9.jpg

Wouldn't be my first choice. But I think this is more about making it an event that putting on a good race.

That's pretty cool... You forget NASCAR had the Red Hot Chilli Peppers perform during the ASR in 2006? That was a literal "halftime" deal.

It's an exhibition event. Have some fun with it, Cube is a well known name and its a change from a lot of the country stars they bring in.

Probably not going to help the Clash out. Wonder what that means for competitors

Screenshot_20220118-161747_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220118-161756_Chrome.jpg

I'm guessing this is the standard for public events in SoCal at this time. Locals are probably used to it.
I finally took the time to drive to the Coliseum today and pick up some tickets for Saturday's clash qualifying. They had signs on all of the gates and fences informing about the vaccination rules and it was pretty much as wi race fan said. I could hardly believe how cheap the seats are. They are only selling general admission for Saturday, and they are only $25.00. Parking will probably cost more than the seats. :)

Last edited:
"Like" this if you ever attended a Cup race when general admission was still an option. I caught a few Busch events but GA for Cup was gone by the time I started following the sport.
I was right about the parking would probably cost more than the admission ticket. I checked on the NASCAR site last night and the link to parking information showed double the amount at $50.00 and was about a 1/4 mile away. Damn, and I don't think there is any halftime entertainment on Saturday. It may not be worth the trip now. :)

Competitors may be exempt. As far as affecting the crowd, LA, New York, and a few other places are doing this. Either people are used to it or they don't go.
When the Monster Supercross teams were at Anaheim Stadium a couple weeks ago I drove through the hauler stacking lot and there was a trailer set up and the lines were pretty long. I think it was for competitors and crew members testing, but it could have been where they show proof to get their credentials.

I’m not gonna hold my breath then……. month out and they haven’t made a decision?

Back
Top Bottom