Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

Fwiw, @savethespeedway has been downplaying the notion of a dirt track conversion a lot today.

And…

Very much in line with what I've heard. While I don't know what they'll announce and it's still possible, the rumors from last fall about North Wilkesboro being a dirt track have cooled off a lot recently.

Hopefully the LMSC race is on a weekend off but I doubt it. I'd love to go, especially since I don't plan on spending $40/month for their streaming service.

PAVEMENT > HORNETS | AUGUST 1-3, 2022

PAVEMENT > SUPER LATE MODELS | AUGUST 11-13, 2022

PAVEMENT > SUPER LATE MODELS | AUGUST 11-13, 2022

PAVEMENT > PRO LATE MODELS | AUGUST 18-20, 2022

PAVEMENT > LIMITED LATE MODELS | AUGUST 22-24, 2022

PAVEMENT > OPEN WHEEL MODIFIEDS | AUGUST 25-27, 2022

PAVEMENT > LATE MODEL STOCKS | AUGUST 29-31, 2022

Any word on when Nascar will race there? (couldn't resist)
Seriously, if the track can put together a weekly schedule, I could see it getting a 'Home Track' designation, maybe a Whelen race. It seems to me they stand a better chance of becoming profitable that way than depending on a once-a-year Truck race.

Thanks. I knew there would be super late models on dirt with XR involved, but interesting that they're going to run 410 sprints too.
I think that will run into the same problem as Cherokee last fall, no local teams and would rather focus on World Finals. Plus isn't Wilkesboro a 5/8 mile?

This is pretty cool. I’m gonna try my best to go in October, I’d rather see the pavement races but my August is spoken for

I can’t complain. Sprint car racing/dirt late models is all the rage and the South is greatly lacking in that department

Seriously, if the track can put together a weekly schedule, I could see it getting a 'Home Track' designation, maybe a Whelen race. It seems to me they stand a better chance of becoming profitable that way than depending on a once-a-year Truck race.
They’re not investing this kind of money for a truck race. Cup is the goal no matter what they say.

They’re not investing this kind of money for a truck race. Cup is the goal no matter what they say.
Yea trying to manage my expectations, but when they said “repave in 2023” that caught my attention. I don’t think you invest that kind of money for just a Trucks race and a “grassroots” series. It would be great symmetry if Wilkesboro was back on the Cup schedule by 2026. 30 years after Cup was taken from them. I personally don’t see this revival working out long term without a Cup race....I think SMI knows that too.

Poor Kentucky. Actually a shame bc it’s an awesome setup for camping and attending
Poor Chicagoland? I kid, but I’ve been to Kentucky too....cool set up and cool track. We stayed in Louisville, about a 45 min drive wasn’t too bad actually a straight shot on whatever freeway there takes you to Cincinnati. I’d go again for sure if it was on the schedule.

Back
Top Bottom