Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

Fontana plans…

The Project includes the Speedway Commerce Center II Specific Plan for the future development of approximately 433 acres of the approximately 522-acre site that is currently developed with the Auto Club Speedway (ACS), formerly known as the California Speedway, in San Bernardino County. The Project consists of the development of six separate planning areas with up to 6,600,000 square feet of high-cube logistics and e-commerce uses with 261,360 sf of ancillary commercial uses, and approximately 98 acres of parking fields/drop lot areas as well as ancillary open space to support the Project. The Project site would also be developed with greenbelts, public roads, other support amenity features, and water detention areas.

7842C701-FBC6-4446-A553-A934B888F6E7.jpeg

42F3E23C-AA76-4F85-841A-65D9577C6ADA.jpeg

Yeah, I can't keep track between what's ISC (NASCAR) or SMI. I guess that's relevant, though. Idk, I just hate Texas.

Still, I'm curious to know what California hopes to gain from this reconfiguration. No way it'll be cheap.

SMI owns Charlotte, Bristol, Dover, Sonoma, Nashville, Texas, New Hampshire, Atlanta and Vegas. (They also own Kentucky and North WIlkesboro). ISC owns the rest with the exception of Pocono and Indy.

SMI owns Charlotte, Bristol, Dover, Sonoma, Nashville, Texas, New Hampshire, Atlanta and Vegas. (They also own Kentucky and North WIlkesboro). ISC owns the rest with the exception of Pocono and Indy.

NASCAR merges with ISC​

Full disclosure, I don’t know who these people are that are “breaking” this news

If this turns out to be true, has there been a worse botched repave/reconfiguration? They’d have done two separate wholesale changes within the span of six or seven years. Brutal.

If this turns out to be true, has there been a worse botched repave/reconfiguration? They’d have done two separate wholesale changes within the span of six or seven years. Brutal.
Early Homestead went through at least 3

Either fix Texas back to 24° or turn it into a 1 mile Rockingham.

I’m not taking the bait like StandOnIt said, honestly.

The ratings for Texas are as good or better than most of the tracks on the schedule. I pointed that out. Texas isn't going anywhere, let em yap

San Bernardino County.

Imagine the value of the blocks of land freed up by the reconfiguration.

San Bernardino County.

Imagine the value of the blocks of land freed up by the reconfiguration.
It's a function of population or over population some would say considering the land was a pollution superfund wasteland site when Penske bought it and converted it into a race track. Time passes and it is more economical to partial it out instead of paying all the taxes and overhead.

The ratings for Texas are as good or better than most of the tracks on the schedule. I pointed that out. Texas isn't going anywhere, let em yap

Yet the feedback AFTER the race is generally poor. Polls typically show Texas as the worst race on the schedule. If NASCAR and the folks running Texas are finally accepting that and open to making a change, then props to them.

Yet the feedback AFTER the race is generally poor. Polls typically show Texas as the worst race on the schedule. If NASCAR and the folks running Texas are finally accepting that and open to making a change, then props to them.
I think if it was as bad as the so called poles say, the attendance would show that. It doesn't. The me too crowd say so doesn't make it so apparently they are still watching the race lol.

I think if it was as bad as the so called poles say, the attendance would show that. It doesn't. The me too crowd say so doesn't make it so apparently they are still watching the race lol.

Texas has always been my least favorite track, yet I still watch every year, knowing it probably won't be a great race. If I lived near the track, I would probably attend. Every race is good in person.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if it can be improved, improve it. If NASCAR thinks the racing at Texas is relatively unimpressive, why not do something about it? Recognizing a problem and figuring out how to be better is how you become/stay successful.

Texas has always been my least favorite track, yet I still watch every year, knowing it probably won't be a great race. If I lived near the track, I would probably attend. Every race is good in person.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if it can be improved, improve it. If NASCAR thinks the racing at Texas is relatively unimpressive, why not do something about it? Recognizing a problem and figuring out how to be better is how you become/stay successful.
I don't think I have heard a thing out of Nascar. Some fans might be hallucinating that Nascar said something but Nascar never dishes a track, some fans do.

I don't think I have heard a thing out of Nascar. Some fans might be hallucinating that Nascar said something but Nascar never dishes a track, some fans do.

I said *if*

Don't think NASCAR doesn't hear the feedback. Go look at Jeff Gluck's polls, and you'll notice Texas is the lowest rated race year after year. I think it set a new record in 2022 with only 11% saying it was a good race. Most races usually score 65% or better.

Texas needs fixed or the grooves to widen out but if they redo it back to it was people will bitch and complain about the new repave again too.

Texas needs fixed but if they redo it back to it was people will bitch and complain about the new repave again too.

It sucks now, it sucked how it used to be. It has sucked from day one IMO.

I don't care what they do to it, just do anything. It can't get any worse.

NASCAR has 0 to do with the actual operations and facilities at Texas. It’s a Speedway Motorsports track.

Back
Top Bottom