Interesting realization about the championship weekend

jaqua19

Team Owner
Not sure if this is thread worthy, but all 3 series had repeat champions.

Has that happened before?

Also, more:

Busch: Toyota
Reddick: Chevy
Crafton: Ford

Just checked racing reference its had 2 repeat champions but the Xfinity driver (Jr) won his first of 2 in '98 while Horneday and Gordon won

Another interesting bit of trivia: this is the first time since 1970-72 that GM has gone 3 straight years without one of their drivers winning a Cup title.

Wow.! It's like I was in the twilight zone. (Tv show for you young whippersnappers).

Chevy may be waiting a while if the last few years are any indication. As strange as it sounds I could see William Byron being the one to break the drought in the next few years. He’s young enough and has shown marked improvement, and he has that Chad Knaus guy that’s pretty good

Chevy may be waiting a while if the last few years are any indication. As strange as it sounds I could see William Byron being the one to break the drought in the next few years. He’s young enough and has shown marked improvement, and he has that Chad Knaus guy that’s pretty good
Chase will 100% get one before Byron

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chase will 100% get one before Byron

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

With the randomness of the format, I don't think it's so easy to say that. As most of you know, I'm a Chase guy, have been since the beginning, but I think in couple of years William and Chase will likely be operating on near equal footing, so it may come down to who gets a win at the right time.

I understand all of the love for Elliott and Byron when fans discuss HMS drivers. And I understand the skepticism some may have about Johnsons chances for another championship. Chase was the best driver at HMS this year and Byron did a very good job and will only get better. But, I don't understand the blindness to Bowman's chances to win a championship at HMS. He has made the Chase both years he has been with HMS and he has 1 win and numerous 2nd's and top 5 and 10 finishes in some of the not best performing cars. He was the second best driver there this year imo and would have had even a better year if not for some bad luck and dick head Dillon taking a cheap shot at him during the Chase. I also understand that some fans may have lost some respect for him because he ruffled a few feathers with a couple of the non chase drivers. Next year is definitely going to be an interesting year to see who will perform the best between all 4 HMS teams.

Bowman certainly has a case, but he like Erik Jones, after they win the one time. The results and consistency seemed to dip entirely. I mean it was about a month or so until Alex attained another top 10. I think Chase had the same problem after Talledega after the string of top 5s', he kind of disappeared for a bit until he (Chase) won at WGI.

I see HMS as a company kind of failing the drivers more than anything else. Honestly, Alex was stout last year and if he can put together a better season overall with less drop-off, he may have a chance of contending.

Bowman certainly has a case, but he like Erik Jones, after they win the one time. The results and consistency seemed to dip entirely. I mean it was about a month or so until Alex attained another top 10. I think Chase had the same problem after Talledega after the string of top 5s', he kind of disappeared for a bit until he (Chase) won at WGI.

I see HMS as a company kind of failing the drivers more than anything else. Honestly, Alex was stout last year and if he can put together a better season overall with less drop-off, he may have a chance of contending.
I agree, but I'm not sure why his performance fell of for a while after his win. I didn't get to watch Homestead so I don't know what happened to the other HMS cars but Alex was the only one to finish in the top 10 and that isn't a bad way to end the season.

Nitro, you know I'm on the Bowman bandwagon, but I too would like to see some more consistency. It seems like when the 88 is off, they are WAY off. It MAY be a crew chief thing. I'm not really sure what I think about Ives. I understand that he inherited a declining Dale Jr, and then had to endure a season with fill in drivers, a year with a lame duck Jr, and then having to pretty much start all over with Bowman, while dealing with a revolving door of aero changes and a off its game HMS, so I'm prepared to cut him some slack, but at this point he is no Chad or Alan. I think Alex can have a great career, but to be 100% honest, I still think he is still more of a question mark than his two younger teammates. I see him as a solid playoff driver, but maybe not a final four driver. I will preface this conversation by saying that even while being a huge fan, I BADLY underestimated the potential of both Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson, to the point that my wife STILL teases me about it, so take my comments for what they're worth.

Back
Top Bottom