Is Ty Gibbs the most disliked champion?

I can't remember any champ having the crowd wanting to take him apart after winning the title in all of my years of watching. This kid since he reached the upper levels of Nascar has been a train wreck. Most of the drivers can't stand him. The vast majority of fans don't like him while the gerbils drool over him whenever they get a chance and try to convince whoever will bite that Ty is the second coming of the Nascar jesus. Fits right in with the rest of it I suppose.

He's the most disliked driver, period. Champion or not. His reputation is well earned and all the bad things said about him are completely justified. Toddler Ty has been a punk at every level, well before this year. 2022 just showcased how big of a tool he truly is.

It’s perfect

NASCAR has its new villain
He’s going to win and people will hate him even more!!

Ty needs to stay in a black car

Was there a death in the Gibb's family? Hemric is taking over Ty's seat in the cup race today.

Read something somewhere else it just hasn't been confirmed. I guess we'll find out at some point.

This has to be very hard for Ty. At least his dad got to see him win a championship before he passed away. Maybe Ty knew something the rest of us didn't and that is why he won the championship at any cost.

Well Ty, if you didn't grow up a LOT this werk, you better get with it. Your family and your team will be looking to you to be more than a race car driver, they will be expecting you to step up and be a leader. That's why this stuff matters.

Well Ty, if you didn't grow up a LOT this werk, you better get with it. Your family and your team will be looking to you to be more than a race car driver, they will be expecting you to step up and be a leader. That's why this stuff matters.
I have to agree. Things like are defining moments, they either make or break most people

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ty may turn out ok when he grows up, a long long time from now...

You mostly don't feel anything until a long time passes from what I can remember.
You can prepare for the loss, if you have time but you can’t prepare for how it will affect you. That was my experience.
I lost both of my parents in a five year span, I held their hands respectively as they took their last breath. I didn’t want to do that.
I wish peace for Ty in this difficult time.

Sorry for you loss.I lost my mom and my mother in law in the last 2 years. It sucks for sure.

Life is tough, and it isn't fair. The time to be a child is over. Now he has to be one of the men in his family. I sincerely hope he's ready. So far he hasn't shown much to indicate he is.

I didn't say a word about getting over it, and I didn't say not to grieve. I'm just laying out the facts. IF I COULD have a word with him, I would probably word it differently, but I would say the same thing. It's time to grow up and be a leader in your family and at your job.

Life is tough, and it isn't fair. The time to be a child is over. Now he has to be one of the men in his family. I sincerely hope he's ready. So far he hasn't shown much to indicate he is.

This response right here is exactly why the term "toxic masculinity" exists and why so many young men like Ty grow up to be perpetually angry. Because people like you think that someone his age is supposed to get over it, not be allowed to grieve, not be allowed to process it, and has to just suck it up, "toughen up," bottle it up and have no emotions. Because a VERY large segment of our society thinks men aren't allowed to cry, aren't allowed to process sadness, that we're supposed to be "tough" and are expected to just brush off tragedy and trauma, to just hold it in and keep grinding.

As someone who deals with depression, has lost a parent suddenly and unexpectedly, has lost multiple close relatives in a very short period of time, has lost close friends to COVID, all society has done with their unrealistic expectations is made me into a bitter, angry person.

Any psychiatrist in the world will tell you that bottling up emotions and not processing things are the worst things you can do.

This response right here is exactly why the term "toxic masculinity" exists and why so many young men like Ty grow up to be perpetually angry. Because people like you think that someone his age is supposed to get over it, not be allowed to grieve, not be allowed to process it, and has to just suck it up, "toughen up," bottle it up and have no emotions. Because a VERY large segment of our society thinks men aren't allowed to cry, aren't allowed to process sadness, that we're supposed to be "tough" and are expected to just brush off tragedy and trauma, to just hold it in and keep grinding.

As someone who deals with depression, has lost a parent suddenly and unexpectedly, has lost multiple close relatives in a very short period of time, has lost close friends to COVID, all society has done with their unrealistic expectations is made me into a bitter, angry person.

Any psychiatrist in the world will tell you that bottling up emotions and not processing things are the worst things you can do.
Jackman didn’t say any of that.

Jackman didn’t say any of that.

This is what he said:

That's pretty much exactly what gets said to young men who go through tragedy.

"Life's tough, time to step up and be a man."

Society expects men to just "get over it" and "have thick skin" and "step up" in these moments. I've gotten this exact speech in the past when something's happen and I was expected to show up to work the next day.

You can prepare for the loss, if you have time but you can’t prepare for how it will affect you. That was my experience.
I lost both of my parents in a five year span, I held their hands respectively as they took their last breath. I didn’t want to do that.
I wish peace for Ty in this difficult time.

It's a whole lot different when you know someone's death is imminent and you get to say goodbye than when a parent dies suddenly and unexpectedly.

The sudden, unexpected loss of a parent or loved one adds a different stage before you even get to the normal grieving process, and that stage is a state of shock.

Ty probably hasn't even been able to process it yet.

Ty needs to fill his father's shoes, and be the new, mature adult face of JGR and of the Gibbs family....

Some day.

But today? He's a 19 year old kid whose mental health just received a traumatic shock. The happiest to sadess moment in his life...all the while being the most hated person in the sport.

A 19 year old kid may not be equipped to deal with that sort of grief, and to expect him to be able to do something he may not be able to do is very unfortunate.

What Ty needs isn't to grow up and get over it, but people in his life who can support him during what will probably be the most difficult time of his life. When we don't process grief and trauma, it stays trapped in our nervous system. And as time goes on, this can show up in all kinds of ways.

I feel really sorry for Ty. And to a previous comment, no, a psychiatrist, psychologist or any therapist would most certainly not be encouraging Ty to look at himself and get ready to become the mature man he needs to be. That sort of masculinity, while old school, is outdated and harmful.

That's too dismissive and this is way too acute of a trauma.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is what he said:

That's pretty much exactly what gets said to young men who go through tragedy.

"Life's tough, time to step up and be a man."

Society expects men to just "get over it" and "have thick skin" and "step up" in these moments. I've gotten this exact speech in the past when something's happen and I was expected to show up to work the next day.
Again, he did not say any of what you wrote in your first post. You inferred it that way.

There's many ways to "step up and be a man". Allow jackman to expound on it if he feels like it.

It's a whole lot different when you know someone's death is imminent and you get to say goodbye than when a parent dies suddenly and unexpectedly.

The sudden, unexpected loss of a parent or loved one adds a different stage before you even get to the normal grieving process, and that stage is a state of shock.

Ty probably hasn't even been able to process it yet.

I'm not telling you how Ty has to feel, I'm telling you how he needs to act. Ty has chosen to participate in a very public sport where millions of dollars are at stake and where every move he makes is public and his actions reflect on a whole company, which happens to be owned by his family, which now even shorter on family members. Grieving has nothing to do with conducting himself as a leader. Nobody is telling him not to grieve and not to take some time and process what has happened. But, Ty has the opportunity to step up and carry on the work of his father and uncle and I think he will find that it helps with the grief and he will become a better person for it. If that is considered "toxic masculinity" then I have lost all hope for humanity.

I'm not telling you how Ty has to feel, I'm telling you how he needs to act. Ty has chosen to participate in a very public sport where millions of dollars are at stake and where every move he makes is public and his actions reflect on a whole company, which happens to be owned by his family, which now even shorter on family members. Grieving has nothing to do with conducting himself as a leader. Nobody is telling him not to grieve and not to take some time and process what has happened. But, Ty has the opportunity to step up and carry on the work of his father and uncle and I think he will find that it helps with the grief and he will become a better person for it. If that is considered "toxic masculinity" then I have lost all hope for humanity.

The point he is making is that it doesn't matter. I agree that Ty needs to recognize he needs to consider how he acts moving forward at some point

But now isn't the time for that. This is way too acute of a trauma for him to consider how he needs to act. A 19 year old, who may have little support in how to handle his emotions, needs to figure this out, heal and process WAY before he figures out how he needs to act as a figurehead of a company. Because frankly, he probably can't figure out how he needs to act. Not now. That's the least of his concerns right now, and if this sentiment causes you to lose hope for humanity, you're missing a lot..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom