It's Gonna Be A Looooong Week!!

R

robbybee

Based upon what I have seen over the course of the past few days on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that the race at Texas Motor Speedway cannot get here soon enough!!

That's not to say that the insults, back-biting, mockery, challenges, discussions, debates, etc. haven't been entertaining. On the contrary, it's been SWELL!

But still,

It's gonna be a long-ass week, I think...

I will say this though..... That was the site of my drivers first win in Cup. I sure wouldn't mind seeing it be his next victory in a little more than a week.

All the cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks suck, and Smith should be shot for what he did to Atlanta.:dual9mm:
It is a shame. Atlanta is the only one of those 1.5ers that puts on a good show more often that not. Only problem is, people started not to support it like they once did. That kind of stuff pretty much seals the fate of these venues that have gone away.

Many of the 1.5 mile tracks are quite similar, no doubt. It would be hard to tell sometimes, which track is hosting a race without the landmarks. But some of them have some individuality too.

I happen to like the track in Denton, TX - except for the fact that it was built in a Dry County (why those even exist in 2012 is beyond me). I love the transition from the front stretch into Turn One - and there have been some very good races there!

I agree, it's gonna be a long wait on here. I don't get excited about 1.5 mile tracks either. It seems we race the same place over and over again. That's why I look forward to Martinsville, Bristol, the road courses, Darlington. The unique tracks.

I think I am looking forward more to the Truck race @ Rockingham next week more so than the Cup race in Texas. I hope they are able to pack in those fans down there. Oh, and Andy.

It is a shame. Atlanta is the only one of those 1.5ers that puts on a good show more often that not. Only problem is, people started not to support it like they once did. That kind of stuff pretty much seals the fate of these venues that have gone away.

I have heard that some just became tired of the terrible traffic in the area. It takes a ridiculously long time to drive the relatively short distance between north Atlanta and the track.

I think I am looking forward more to the Truck race @ Rockingham next week more so than the Cup race in Texas. I hope they are able to pack in those fans down there. Oh, and Andy.

Unfortunately, I had to back out of Rockingham. There's way too much going on next weekend and nobody else available to cover the events. I'm supposed to have the weekend of Richmond off but I'm expecting that will all change as well.

Unfortunately, I had to back out of Rockingham. There's way too much going on next weekend and nobody else available to cover the events. I'm supposed to have the weekend of Richmond off but I'm expecting that will all change as well.

Wait, are you going to be one of those people who ranted about a return to the Rock, only to back out and not support the race? Weren't you predicting this is how it would go?

Call in sick.

WTH Andy you been calling everybody else out to "SHOW UP".Now you NOT.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait, are you going to be one of those people who ranted about a return to the Rock, only to back out and not support the race? Weren't you predicting this is how it would go?

Call in sick.

Not that simple. I can't skip out on next Sunday's events. That's how the news business works.

WTH Andy you been calling everybody else out to "SHOW UP".Now you NOT.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I showed up for an ARCA race and a UARA race at Rockingham. If I could make it, I would be there.

I didn't get to see the Nascar race last weekend because we were racing in Las Vegas, and I won't get to see the race next weekend either because we will be racing in Charlotte. But I left Vegas on Tues and I'm going to stop in Mooresville NC and hook up with our crew chief and go to a few of the Nascar shops with him. He machines a lot of special tools for a lot of the teams, so he knows everyone and it is always fun to go in to all the shops with him. This time should be extra cool because all the teams will still be at the shop and not out on the road. We can't park and setup for the Charlotte race until Wed, so I can't think of a better way to kill some time.

Texas sucks! Boring parade with 3 laps of action, IF we're lucky. Here we go boys................

Yep. Texas is the worst track on the schedule. Horrible bore, there's a reason Gossage has to use gimmicks to sell tickets. If the racing was good enough... then again, it seems the fans care more about the gimmicks and facilities than the quality of racing because we keep getting stuck with **** tracks like Texas. I wish I had time to make it to VMS in between my marathon weekend.

Man did Andy hack your account.

I didn't hack anything. The racing at Texas sucks ass.

The brown Gravy makes it look like a sharting contest gone horribly wrong.

Yeah, but some them female gravy rasslers are rassling in white gravy, and it is more like a White ****mas thing imo.

I didn't get to see the Nascar race last weekend because we were racing in Las Vegas, and I won't get to see the race next weekend either because we will be racing in Charlotte. But I left Vegas on Tues and I'm going to stop in Mooresville NC and hook up with our crew chief and go to a few of the Nascar shops with him. He machines a lot of special tools for a lot of the teams, so he knows everyone and it is always fun to go in to all the shops with him. This time should be extra cool because all the teams will still be at the shop and not out on the road. We can't park and setup for the Charlotte race until Wed, so I can't think of a better way to kill some time.
Sounds like a dream day for every Nascar fan. Have a good one Nitro and take some pictures.

Yep. Texas is the worst track on the schedule. Horrible bore, there's a reason Gossage has to use gimmicks to sell tickets. If the racing was good enough... then again, it seems the fans care more about the gimmicks and facilities than the quality of racing because we keep getting stuck with **** tracks like Texas. I wish I had time to make it to VMS in between my marathon weekend.

I didn't hack anything. The racing at Texas sucks ass.
Texas isn't that bad, I don't believe it should be the first night race though. Kansas is my most hated track or Chicagoland.

Back
Top Bottom