iTS HAPPENING/Deegan doing trucks @ Kansas

Finishing all the laps and bringing the truck home clean will be the best way to start.

I wish her luck as well and this compared to ARCA will be a better gauge to see where she is in her development process. ARCA quality of field is nothing like this, so this will be a good test.

great posts.

I am glad shes not jumping to cup right away. The Danica-model is scary.

Hope she does well.

I realize that sometimes certain drivers can get pushed ahead too soon but there are enough good upcoming drivers out there that if you wait to long your spot will be taken by someone else. Plus, as Chex said to have experience you must get experience. I have always said if you want to be the best you have to run with the best. I remember Bowman once saying that he learned so much by racing against Kyle Busch in the Nationwide / Xfinity series.

Finishing all the laps and bringing the truck home clean will be the best way to start.

I wish her luck as well and this compared to ARCA will be a better gauge to see where she is in her development process. ARCA quality of field is nothing like this, so this will be a good test.

Agreed. Similar vehicle, but ARCA has crappy setups and drivers. Let’s face it, our sport is very similar to baseball in this regard. Double-A Ball is where it gets real

Agreed. Similar vehicle, but ARCA has crappy setups and drivers. Let’s face it, our sport is very similar to baseball in this regard. Double-A Ball is where it gets real
I wish Michael Self could get a second shot and get the **** out of ARCA. He's another person I want to see get out of the series, but Sinclair Oil can probably only afford so much in terms of sponsorship.

I wish Michael Self could get a second shot and get the **** out of ARCA. He's another person I want to see get out of the series, but Sinclair Oil can probably only afford so much in terms of sponsorship.
I mean he's kinda blown the championship the last 2 seasons now

guys what does she mean she when says "she has to run this race to run what she wants in the future"?

Does she mean Eldora?

I think a top 20 will be considered a success. Like others have mentioned, this isn't ARCA. Those top 5's she gets in ARCA don't mean much with the major lack of competition in that series. It will be interesting to see how she does.

I guess my question is, if the drivers and equipment is so subpar in ARCA, why isn't she winning and really showing out right now. She is in the best equipment in the series. I just don't understand the praise for her getting to prove herself in the trucks, when she has been showing her stuff in ARCA and its been just, meh.

Not aimed specifically at you @Mispeedway15, but there are a few posts like yours that say basically the same thing.

1ef.gif

no one is saying that she is going to be the next harvick ,but would like to see her come up though the series in a timely manner .good luck to her,she has worked very hard to get to were she is at.

no one is saying that she is going to be the next harvick ,but would like to see her come up though the series in a timely manner .good luck to her,she has worked very hard to get to were she is at.
eh, I think some are using comparisons like that and will continue to do so. They don't get it, and if they did get it they wouldn't accept it anyway. The announcers will spend more time swooning about Hailie than they ever did when KDB decides to enter the truck series on another one of his educational variety races. (sponsors jus love that)

Last edited:
eh, I think some are using comparisons like that and will continue to do so. They don't get it, and if they did get it they wouldn't accept it anyway. The announcers will spend more time swooning about Hailie than they ever did when KDB decides to enter the truck series on another one of his educational variety races. (sponsors jus love that)

Any guesses on how many times her name will be mentioned throughout the race? Perhaps once, maybe twice each lap?

Any guesses on how many times her name will be mentioned throughout the race? Perhaps once, maybe twice each lap?
Depends on what else is going on I believe. If it is a boring race, we'll probably get a long bio piece I would guess.

I like Self as the new ARCA veteran personally.

I hope Self stays, Enfinger runs more races, etc.

Yesss I'm here for the hype, let's see it

The #17 DGR Truck is pretty good equipment Lupton got a 14th out of it at Vegas, so anywhere in that ballpark. Not overly concerned on expectations though.

Just excited to see what she can do in her 1st truck start. Kansas is probably a good starting out choice too.

And he hasn't won in ARCA. Is she not in top tier stuff?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And he hasn't won in ARCA. Is she not in top tier stuff?

Depends on if you consider DGR top-tier equipment at that level.

I don't, but someone else might consider it as top tier equipment. It's not better than JGR or Venterini, but that's JMO. Maybe right below GMS, so between 4th to 6th is where she usually finishes.

If she can get a top 20, I think it would be a great start.

Depends on if you consider DGR top-tier equipment at that level.

I don't, but someone else might consider it as top tier equipment. It's not better than JGR or Venterini, but that's JMO. Maybe right below GMS, so between 4th to 6th is where she usually finishes.

If she can get a top 20, I think it would be a great start.
I know it's tough to scale it from series to series but would you say it's the equivalent of HMS or Ganassi in cup?

Back
Top Bottom