Jeff Gordon confronts no neck

Not quite sure how Jimmie was thrusted into the conversation, but ok.

Chase, Jimmie and Dale Jr all ran much stronger than normal today. Theres a sign.

Going to Charlotte next week? Who knows what could happen - but the actual race will be a borefest.

Certain drivers can make the race worth watching ......... one of em might !!!

You sure like to talk about how much he bores you ;)

That's because he does ............. so do all of his championships for that matter. I remember watching my first race on tv after not watching for years .......... the 48 won and I can recall asking my daughter and wife " who in the hell is that " ? The sport has fallen so far since Dale passed

That's because he does ............. so do all of his championships for that matter. I remember watching my first race on tv after not watching for years .......... the 48 won and I can recall asking my daughter and wife " who in the hell is that " ? The sport has fallen so far since Dale passed
Did you instantly know who Kyle Busch was the first time you had saw him?

But the epic excitement of the switch flicking has yet to come !!! the 48 provided us with nothing today ........... absolutely nothing. Hell ...... at least the 32 gave us a little spin and some tire smoke

He gave me 106 Yahoo Fantasy points...Truex Jr. would've given me 114, 10 of which I got anyway just for benching him...

The ultimate blame is dirty air. Newman wasn't blocking Chase so much as slowing him from many multiple car lengths ahead due to nasty aero characteristics. Chase should have tried to move up into the high groove but didn't and that is his fault. Now, if no neck had thrown crazy blocks on him, then Elliot should have poked him into the wall. Aero is such a mess in racing today.

Sh*thead won because Chase still hasn't adapted to some things needed to close races. He will learn and win.

Sorry kyle18fan, KB is certainly a very good driver but we dislike him...hence the nickname. I imagine others have similar pet names for the guy.

newman did cost him the race. I thought chase had it actually because in those last handful of laps chase held his own against the 18, it wasn't till they got bottled up right at the very very end there was a problem and chase got passed. as kyle said you saw experience against a lot lesser experience. Newman is the worlds hardest driver to pass, he has a distinct talent for it. I wonder how others race him as a result.

But the epic excitement of the switch flicking has yet to come !!! the 48 provided us with nothing today ........... absolutely nothing. Hell ...... at least the 32 gave us a little spin and some tire smoke

Top 10 run at Chicago. Top 6 speed at NH, ruined by a pit stop, and finished 3rd and had top 1-2 speed all race. Had a car to win, just never had the track position. Looked about as good as they did all year and they've gotten better each race.

When Carl was a top 3 driver in the sport with Roush, I too crapped all over Jimmie. It's how I rationalized my denial of the truth that Jimmie is just the best overall race car driver in cup.
Winners get dumped on. Once he's old and gone, he'll get the universal recognition that he deserves. He is still so incredibly underrated despite his stats.

That conversation couldn't have been more harmless.

Newman is a buffoon, but hardly going to fault him for fighting there with NASCAR's penchant to throw a "make it interesting" caution at the end of races.

Unfortunately Chase Elliott isn;t very good.

That conversation couldn't have been more harmless.

Newman is a buffoon, but hardly going to fault him for fighting there with NASCAR's penchant to throw a "make it interesting" caution at the end of races.

Unfortunately Chase Elliott isn;t very good.

I wouldn't say he isn't very good. He just can't execute under pressure, and psyches himself out. He just doesn't have "it". Not yet

I wouldn't say he isn't very good. He just can't execute under pressure, and psyches himself out. He just doesn't have "it". Not yet

As long as he grows out of it. He's still young and barely starting out so pressure getting to him its ok for now. Big moments and all.

What you dont want is a Hamlin scenario where he melted down over getting beat by Jimmie. Guy hasn't been the same since.

Winners get dumped on. Once he's old and gone, he'll get the universal recognition that he deserves. He is still so incredibly underrated despite his stats.

I've realized this. 4 seasons winning atleast 7 races. Among an average of 5 freakin wins a year.

Does all of this when he isn't necessarily the fastest car all year, and season to season out wins drivers who relatively have had more speed in respective seasons. That's unbelievable, and he's the most clutch driver I have seen ever. Is he better driver than everyone the last 10-15 years? Of course

As long as he grows out of it. He's still young and barely starting out so pressure getting to him its ok for now. Big moments and all.

What you dont want is a Hamlin scenario where he melted down over getting beat by Jimmie. Guy hasn't been the same since.

Good eye. Totally agree.

He has better stats than some of the sport's best after 2 seasons respectfully.

Untitled.jpg

Pretty good stats for someone who isn't very good. :idunno:

For some reason if you dont win races non stop, you're not good. I dont know where this idea came from.

Tony Stewart, Clint Bowyer and some other long time veteran stugglers wished they had that when they couldn't even muster a top 20.

The now generation are into instant gratification and have no real insight as to what it takes
to be a consistent winning team. Notice I said team, the driver is only a part of the deal.

The now generation are into instant gratification and have no real insight as to what it takes
to be a consistent winning team. Notice I said team, the driver is only a part of the deal.

They're setting themselves up for some serious disappointment.

The only way to have your favorite driver win every race is to change your favorite drive every race.

Newman needed position much more than the leaders did and had no reason to pull over for anyone.

But, yeah, Gordon got the hell out of there quick! lol

Actually, the stats showed he was already below the cut line and was out of it anyway so he did not "need" the position because it still did him no good.

Actually, the stats showed he was already below the cut line and was out of it anyway so he did not "need" the position because it still did him no good.
You are assuming that should their be a caution and a restart he couldn't pass 2 cars and advance.?
"It ain't over until it's over."

I realize where he was in the points but he needed to try to keep what position he had as no one knows how these races will play out.

#24 wasn't in danger of being eliminated - #31 was.

Lmao at Chase Elliott isn't very good. Happy Monday folks.

This seriously is just like following Larson's 2nd season and reading all of the comments. Except Chase made the post season and is more than holding his own. Yeah this kid blows!

Chase Elliott isn’t very good....yikes what do people expect? Drivers winning 13 races a year doesn’t happen very often. This kid will win and win soon, I feel like some fans take it for granted how hard it is to win a race. It’s a learning process and Chase is going through it now, I’d bet he will win one of these final races here before the year is out

Everybody knows that Newman won't let anybody by him without a battle, that's why I thought it was funny earlier in the race when he was telling his spotter to get on to the other spotters about getting their drivers to move over and let him by.

Its just troll talk ya'll, don't get too excited over it.

I know some of you are big #24 fans mainly because of Gordon. It would not
hurt my feelings one bit if Chases first win came in the #9.

I know some of you are big #24 fans mainly because of Gordon. It would not
hurt my feelings one bit if Chases first win came in the #9.

Never really took to Chase. He’s not my type of driver.

I’m a Larson guy. His style of racing reminds me a lot of the early Jeff Gordon. Wreck it or win with it.

Lmao at Chase Elliott isn't very good. Happy Monday folks.

This seriously is just like following Larson's 2nd season and reading all of the comments. Except Chase made the post season and is more than holding his own. Yeah this kid blows!
Bingo

Newman ran his line lap after lap. It happened to be the line Chase was running. From what I saw, Chase never moved to the top lane until Kyle passed him. I was hoping Chase would get his first win but Kyle made an impressive run and easily passed Chase and Newman. Chase got an education.

Back
Top Bottom