Jeremy Clements Suspended for Making "Insensitive" Remarks in Interview

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 27, 2013) – Jeremy Clements, a driver in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body’s Code of Conduct.
On Feb. 24 at Daytona International Speedway, Clements was found to have violated Sections 7-5 (NASCAR’s Code of Conduct) and 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing).

“During the course of an interview, Jeremy Clements made an intolerable and insensitive remark,” said Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR senior vice president of racing operations. “NASCAR has a Code of Conduct that’s explicitly spelled out in the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book. We fully expect our entire industry to adhere to that Code.”

- See more at: http://www.catchfence.com/2013/nati...de-of-conduct-violation/#sthash.adVBEllN.dpuf

Um...........what did he say?

I posted in the random thread what he said. I didn't notice your thread had been started, Andy.

So if I'm right, do I get the Clark Kent award or just the Peter Parker Ribbon ;)

Marty Smith@MartySmithESPN
NASCAR said in it statement that Clements made the "intolerable an insensitive" statement on Feb. 23. We'll try to figure out what was said.

I guess the interview wasn't published yet.

And now, because of NASCAR's "brilliance", every journalist in America is scouring the Earth looking for these comments that nobody's seen where they're destined to be published....... good job morons.

And now, because of NASCAR's "brilliance", every journalist in America is scouring the Earth looking for these comments that nobody's seen where they're destined to be published....... good job morons.

Are you suggesting nascar go back to secret penalties?

Nobody's even seen these remarks. Now, because of NASCAR's stupidity, they're going to be published when they're discovered and Clements is going to be front page news. It's a PR ******.

Again, what would you suggest they could have done differently?

Like I said in the random thread. Getting in trouble is the only way anyone will be talking about him.

That's brilliant. Then we could here you rant about how nascar lets drivers get away with stuff when it suits them. :rolleyes:

So I guess we're done with "Have at it" and all the drivers have to be corporate puppet robots again. And people like you support that?

This is why NASCAR racing sucks. Drivers don't race and they're not allowed to have personalities.

So I guess we're done with "Have at it" and all the drivers have to be corporate puppet robots again. And people like you support that?

This is why NASCAR racing sucks. Drivers don't race and they're not allowed to have personalities.

OK, what's the point of building a robot that needs puppet strings?

This has been the case for 20 years at least, you can't be a badass driver with kissing Nascars

The rulebook prohibits "public statement'' that criticizes, ridicules or otherwise disparages another person based on race, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age or handicapping condition.

It has to be something about Danica. I don't care what others are saying.

Nobody's even seen these remarks. Now, because of NASCAR's stupidity, they're going to be published when they're discovered and Clements is going to be front page news. It's a PR ******.

Morons? Stupidity ? Nascar sucks? Get the f outta here with your crap. Typical press . You don't even know what the guy said and you are throwing Nascar under the bus . What happened to two sides to every story? In your world there is only your side right ?

uploadfromtaptalk1362012538485.jpg

I've been waiting so long for this moment!!!:D

I'm hearing it was something racial. Can't support NASCAR without knowing what was said though. All rumors at this point.

Morons? Stupidity ? Nascar sucks? Get the f outta here with your crap. Typical press . You don't even know what the guy said and you are throwing Nascar under the bus . What happened to two sides to every story? In your world there is only your side right ?

Some of us don't blindly support NASCAR on every decision. Got a problem with it, I don't really give a fluck. NASCAR's done everything they can to drain the personality out of the sport... fining drivers for years for comments they made because people shove a microphone in their face after they've crashed at 190 mph. Then they announced "Have at it" only to penalize drivers behind closed doors for saying stuff. Just last week, there was an article about Brad Keselowski getting a stern talking to from NASCAR for criticizing the sport.

While all this has happened - millions of viewers have been turned away. That's a fact. Interest has declined in the sport. That's a fact.

NASCAR's done everything they can to water down the product. And there's people like you and Matthew who will support everything they do when, in reality, it's turning fans off.

There is no reason to watch any drivers during an interview. The only sure real moments are on the track.
There tongues just smell like Nascar's ass, by force. Nascar requires the worship like an insecure dictator. The enforced submission means you only get nascar propaganda when they are speaking. A plastic reality that is as genuine and credible as the three bears childhood fairy tale.
As long as idiots pretend it is all good, fine and lovely, the more plastic Nascar will produce.

The worthless charade will eventually run off the sponsors, and hurt what is the real reality, the core, the heart of the matter, the racing.

There is no reason to watch any drivers during an interview. The only sure real moments are on the track.
There tongues just smell like Nascar's ass, by force. Nascar requires the worship like an insecure dictator. The enforced submission means you only get nascar propaganda when they are speaking. A plastic reality that is as genuine and credible as the three bears childhood fairy tale.
As long as idiots pretend it is all good, fine and lovely, the more plastic Nascar will produce.

The worthless charade will eventually run off the sponsors, and hurt what is the real reality, the core, the heart of the matter, the racing.

There's a reason NASCAR's competing with the race teams and drivers for sponsors now. They just can't attract new sponsors anymore. Actually, it's people like Tony Stewart, Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch that attract new sponsors. This is how you end up with all these drivers who think it's unacceptable to race hard. They're practically ****** programmed to be boring on and off the track.

A nobody that is trying to be somebody in someone else's sandbox shouldn't kick sand. Or else they may be asked to go play in another sandbox.

Back
Top Bottom