Jeremy Clements Suspended for Making "Insensitive" Remarks in Interview

Yeah, I don't engage in pissfests in here. If you want to start a whizzing competition and get personal, start a thread in The Podium.

You just can't man up and intelligently discuss something, can you? You constantly throw out little shreds of truth and then get upset when you are called on something. :biggrin:

Words and actions have consequences. Jeremy showed his true colors and is paying the price.

I do not agree with the suspension, no matter if he called Danica a pit lizard, Mr France a crack whore, or used the N word to describe a dumbass driver.

the N words does not just apply to a black person. I do not use the word, but we do have freedom of speach and it was not like he said it to a driver or person.

This is bullchit

I do not agree with the suspension, no matter if he called Danica a pit lizard, Mr France a crack whore, or used the N word to describe a dumbass driver.

the N words does not just apply to a black person. I do not use the word, but we do have freedom of speach and it was not like he said it to a driver or person.

This is bullchit

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I work as a public servant and if I used any derogatory word, that would be the end of my career. It wouldn't matter if it was the "c" word or "n" word, I would be fired and lose my pension.

These drivers are in the public's eyes at all times and really have to portray a clean image if they want to draw sponsors.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I work as a public servant and if I used any derogatory word, that would be the end of my career. It wouldn't matter if it was the "c" word or "n" word, I would be fired and lose my pension.

These drivers are in the public's eyes at all times and really have to portray a clean image if they want to draw sponsors.
Ahhh, uh huh.

I mean he didn't say it on tv or anything so honestly no one would have even known about this if it wasn't reported upon. If it was on TV then I say go ahead and do it but honestly where is the proof he even did this? Any video? audio? I mean it probably did happen but honestly meh it wasn't on tv at all so I see no harm done.

I mean he didn't say it on tv or anything so honestly no one would have even known about this if it wasn't reported upon. If it was on TV then I say go ahead and do it but honestly where is the proof he even did this? Any video? audio? I mean it probably did happen but honestly meh it wasn't on tv at all so I see no harm done.

There was a NASCAR official with him when he made the statement.

There was a NASCAR official with him when he made the statement.

But let me as you this, would you, me, or any of us know about if not for this story? Nope, heck it's not AS bad but Clint last year used a certain word that I won't use and nothing happened to him, difference is he used it on TV where Jeremy didn't. I mean honestly only the people who heard it would know it happened.

But let me as you this, would you, me, or any of us know about if not for this story? Nope, heck it's not AS bad but Clint last year used a certain word that I won't use and nothing happened to him, difference is he used it on TV where Jeremy didn't. I mean honestly only the people who heard it would know it happened.

I understand what you are saying.

I train new medics and they go through a diversity class before I ever get them. If a proby violates my employers policy, I have to report them to protect my job.

That NASCAR official was in between a rock and a hard place.

I understand what you are saying.

I train new medics and they go through a diversity class before I ever get them. If a proby violates my employers policy, I have to report them to protect my job.

That NASCAR official was in between a rock and a hard place.

I just hope it's not too long cause honestly he doesn't really deserve to miss this time in my opinion. I mean not to start anything like someone did lol, but honestly and I only use him cause he's the only African-American in the top 3 of Nascar right now, but if Darrel Wallace used some racial term for white people, would he have gotten in trouble?

I just hope it's not too long cause honestly he doesn't really deserve to miss this time in my opinion. I mean not to start anything like someone did lol, but honestly and I only use him cause he's the only African-American in the top 3 of Nascar right now, but if Darrel Wallace used some racial term for white people, would he have gotten in trouble?
Nope.

It really is funny that a driver is suspended for being insensitive........this world really has gone to hell...

My people once again have uncovered more shocking facts, the following exhibit is excerpt from Brians phone.....

Brians phone rings: Ring a ding ding dingy: Hello

Heltons; Brian, this is Mike. I have figured out how to handle this potty mouthed Clements kid. I am going to send him to few sessions with Richard LapChick. Shim has excellent reviews as a provider that provides a lot of bang for the buck.

Brians phone: Darn it those bad boys always get to have all the fun. Mike what does LapLady charge for a 3 hour intense session. Do you have a website with photos.

Mike: Just settle down, you already have a hired pool boy, chauffeur, and butler.
Just think about it Brian, that bigot is going have to see this LapChick and talk sweet to shim to get reinstated. It adds a whole new meaning to be screwed, or black balled.
Brian_France_193_display_image.jpeg

My people once again have uncovered more shocking facts, the following exhibit is excerpt from Brians phone.....

Brians phone rings: Ring a ding ding dingy: Hello

Heltons; Brian, this is Mike. I have figured out how to handle this potty mouthed Clements kid. I am going to send him to few sessions with Richard LapChick. Shim has excellent reviews as a provider that provides a lot of bang for the buck.

Brians phone: Darn it those bad boys always get to have all the fun. Mike what does LapLady charge for a 3 hour intense session. Do you have a website with photos.

Mike: Just settle down, you already have a hired pool boy, chauffeur, and butler.
Just think about it Brian, that bigot is going have to see this LapChick and talk sweet to shim to get reinstated. It adds a whole new meaning to be screwed, or black balled.
View attachment 6065
hahahahahaha he said black balled.

I think the punishment was too harsh and I dont even know Clemets.

I don't really have the patience to read every post in this thread, so if this has already been posted please disregard.

This is from MTVnews

On Wednesday, NASCAR announced it had "indefinitely suspended" Nationwide Series driver Jeremy Clements for making "an intolerable and insensitive remark" that violated its code of conduct.

They did not, however, specify exactly what Clements said, and neither did Clements when he gave an interview to ESPN about the suspension. But he did confirm that the comment was racial in context, and said that he made it in the presence of a NASCAR employee and an MTV reporter.

Several other outlets picked up on the story, and quickly figured out that reporter was Marty Beckerman, an associate editor for MTV's Guy Code blog, an extension of MTV2's "Guy Code" television series, which takes a humorous look at "the laws of manhood." Beckerman was covering last weekend's NASCAR events at the Daytona International Speedway and spoke to several drivers.

As the news of Clements' suspension — and speculation over just what he said — began to spread, Beckerman remained silent... until he sat down with MTV News to speak about what happened in Daytona.

"I was there to do a fish-out-of-water story about going to NASCAR and having a wild, crazy weekend. And, we were doing interviews with many of the drivers, and I was on the way to another interview — we were looking for [driver] Johanna Long's trailer — and the NASCAR publicist called Mr. Clements over and asked him for help finding her," Beckerman said. "He walked us toward where she was, and on the way over, I explained to him that Guy Code is rules for guys, how you treat your friends, how you treat your ladies, things like that. I was there to do a humor piece, so I asked him what would be Guy Code for race car drivers, and he blurted out [a phrase that used the n-word]."

Beckerman said that Clements didn't use the phrase in reference to any specific driver, but was instead illustrating that "if you drive roughly, you'll be treated roughly." He wrote the quote down in his notes (the conversation was not recorded) and, since he was in the presence of a NASCAR publicist, continued to speak with Clements for a few more minutes, before going to interview Long. Then, on Thursday morning, as the story continued to unfold, Clements called him to discuss the quote and let it be known that he regretted making it.

"I don't know him well enough to know if that reflects anything in his heart," Beckerman said, "but he said he doesn't harbor these feelings."

Beckerman said, since returning from Daytona, he had debated whether to publish a story around the quote. On Thursday morning, while discussions continued with Guy Code editors, he was contacted by a NASCAR rep who informed him about Clements' suspension.

"We had not even intended to necessarily publish it, because our site is a humor site for men, we aren't the New York Times, we aren't investigative journalism. It didn't fit with our blog," Beckerman said. "The fact is that NASCAR made this a national story, and then Clements explained a bit of what he said to ESPN ... I never wanted to be part of the story."

For the life of me, I can't figure out what that phrase might be. I guess it doesn't really matter much, but NASCAR really has me curious now.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Nationwide Series driver Jeremy Clements on Wednesday was reinstated two weeks after being suspended indefinitely for using a racial slur.
NASCAR suspended Clements for using the "n-word" in a Feb. 23 conversation with MTV blogger Marty Beckerman at Daytona International Speedway.
Clements was informed of the reinstatement after completing a session of racial insensitivity counseling with Dr. Richard Lapchick of Orlando., Fla., on Monday.
------------------------------------------------------
Full Article: http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/na...my-clements-reinstated-sensitivity-counseling

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Nationwide Series driver Jeremy Clements on Wednesday was reinstated two weeks after being suspended indefinitely for using a racial slur.
NASCAR suspended Clements for using the "n-word" in a Feb. 23 conversation with MTV blogger Marty Beckerman at Daytona International Speedway.
Clements was informed of the reinstatement after completing a session of racial insensitivity counseling with Dr. Richard Lapchick of Orlando., Fla., on Monday.
Full Article: http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/na...my-clements-reinstated-sensitivity-counseling
hahaha Thank You Dr.Dick Lapchick:lol2:

Clements was informed of the reinstatement after completing a session of racial insensitivity counseling with Dr. Richard Lapchick of Orlando., Fla., on Monday, and was quoted as saying "I'm one happy Nigga".
Full Article: http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/na...my-clements-reinstated-sensitivity-counseling[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom