Jeremy Clements Suspended for Making "Insensitive" Remarks in Interview

I'm hearing it was something racial. Can't support NASCAR without knowing what was said though. All rumors at this point.

Some of us don't blindly support NASCAR on every decision. Got a problem with it, I don't really give a fluck. NASCAR's done everything they can to drain the personality out of the sport... fining drivers for years for comments they made because people shove a microphone in their face after they've crashed at 190 mph. Then they announced "Have at it" only to penalize drivers behind closed doors for saying stuff. Just last week, there was an article about Brad Keselowski getting a stern talking to from NASCAR for criticizing the sport.

While all this has happened - millions of viewers have been turned away. That's a fact. Interest has declined in the sport. That's a fact.

NASCAR's done everything they can to water down the product. And there's people like you and Matthew who will support everything they do when, in reality, it's turning fans off.

This. Nascar needs to stick to making sure the sport is safe and putting on a good show. Stay out of the drivers personalities. If Jeremy Clements wants to be a racist bigot, allegedy, then I am sure the teams and sponsors can take care of that issue. When nobody wants to sponsor him then the teams wont sign him to drive for them.

Morons? Stupidity ? Nascar sucks? Get the f outta here with your crap. Typical press . You don't even know what the guy said and you are throwing Nascar under the bus . What happened to two sides to every story? In your world there is only your side right ?

If there was no history I would agree with you. But Nascar has treated drivers like bitches who are not allowed to speak their mind with STFU whippings (fines).

Clements may deserve the fine , I dont know what he said. But nascar kills the idea drivers being rugged individuals, or the image that attracts interest, with their heavy hand. It is idiotic and counter productive regardless of what Clements said.
The comment has not been revealed as if the public to stupid to handle the truth.

A nobody that is trying to be somebody in someone else's sandbox shouldn't kick sand. Or else they may be asked to go play in another sandbox.

Um, it's the NATIONWIDE Series. People go there to learn and try to be somebody. If every driver has to be a well known Cup driver just to get to race in minor league racing, we've be taking about Jimmie Johnson winning his 12th championship in 10 years from now.

Um, it's the NATIONWIDE Series. People go there to learn and try to be somebody. If every driver has to be a well known Cup driver just to get to race in minor league racing, we've be taking about Jimmie Johnson winning his 12th championship in 10 years from now.
It's not Jeremy's sandbox. Play by the rules or play somewhere else.

If there was no history I would agree with you. But Nascar has treated drivers like bitches who are not allowed to speak their mind with STFU whippings (fines).

Clements may deserve the fine , I dont know what he said. But nascar kills the idea drivers being rugged individuals, or the image that attracts interest, with their heavy hand. It is idiotic and counter productive regardless of what Clements said.
The comment has not been revealed as if the public to stupid to handle the truth.

I'm reservin judgement till I hear what he said . Unlike the gentleman of the press who doesn't need to know what was said in order to pass judgement . Just my old fashioned ways.

HINT: Fans didn't like Kyle Busch because they like his personality. They liked him because he wasn't the same as everyone else. However, NASCAR's successfully castrated him.

HINT: Fans didn't like Kyle Busch because they like his personality. They liked him because he wasn't the same as everyone else. However, NASCAR's successfully castrated him.
Yes, and Kyle decided he wanted to continue driving in NASCAR sanctioned events. Perhaps Jeremy-what's-his-name should recognize a good example when he sees one...Or just stay at the local tracks (where he just MIGHT have some success.)

well, he did almost castrate Hornaday. I'm not sure Kyle has been fined for something he said in a long time, if ever.

Yes, and Kyle decided he wanted to continue driving in NASCAR sanctioned events. Perhaps Jeremy-what's-his-name should recognize a good example when he sees one...Or just stay at the local tracks (where he just MIGHT have some success.)

I don't think it was as much what Kyle said during interviews (like after the first COT race at Bristol in '07) but what he did (putting Hornaday in the fence at Texas under caution). My brother is a Harvick fan so I never liked Busch but I do wish he still spoke out.

:bsflag: You and Matthew and a couple others see everything NASCAR does as the absolute right.

Clemens was blaming the press for all of nascars problems, saying they will tear anyone or anything down just to write a story. He also accused a couple of reporters of outright lying.

I'm with Andy here. This is total BS.

I don't think it was as much what Kyle said during interviews (like after the first COT race at Bristol in '07) but what he did (putting Hornaday in the fence at Texas under caution). My brother is a Harvick fan so I never liked Busch but I do wish he still spoke out.
NASCAR took appropriate action for what Kyle did to Ron-who, same like they've taken action for Jeremy's indiscretions.

Clemens was blaming the press for all of nascars problems, saying they will tear anyone or anything down just to write a story. He also accused a couple of reporters of outright lying.

I'm with Andy here. This is total BS.
Again...not Jeremy's sandbox. Nobody petitioned him to show up to race.

Sometimes the dictators need to be challenged. In some cases it has actually brought about a revolution ;)

“I apologize and regret what I said to the NASCAR writer and to NASCAR, my sponsors, my fans, and my team. NASCAR has a Code of Conduct that everyone must follow and I unintentionally violated that code. I will not get into specifics of what I said but my comment to the writer was in no way meant to be disrespectful or insensitive to anyone or to be detrimental to NASCAR or the NASCAR Nationwide Series. I will do what I need to do in order to atone for my error in judgment. “

http://www.facebook.com/JeremyClementsJCR/posts/10151332301357029

The apology Jeremy Clements' PR person wrote sure cleared it up :sarcasm:

Statement regarding NASCAR suspension of Jeremy Clements

The following statement has been issued by Jeremy Clements regarding his NASCAR suspension:

“I apologize and regret what I said to the NASCAR writer and to NASCAR, my sponsors, my fans, and my team. NASCAR has a Code of Conduct that everyone must follow and I unintentionally violated that code. I will not get into specifics of what I said but my comment to the writer was in no way meant to be disrespectful or insensitive to anyone or to be detrimental to NASCAR or the NASCAR Nationwide Series. I will do what I need to do in order to atone for my error in judgment. “

What are you whispering? J/K ;)

Guess he didn't learn much from Kurt Busch?

The following statement has been issued by Jeremy Clements regarding his NASCAR suspension:

That's so 2 minutes ago?

What if he called the reporter a *** or something like that? Would you still support him?

Back
Top Bottom