Jimmie Johnson asks an interesting question

Aside from Brian Maggot Frances chase elimination, I dont think the results would be very different for them, or JJ under the old formats. The rules were defined, the cream rises to the top.

And excuses for non winners are older than any of the point formats.

Aside from Brian Maggot Frances chase elimination, I dont think the results would be very different for them, or JJ under the old formats. The rules were defined, the cream rises to the top.

And excuses for non winners are older than any of the point formats.

I have no doubt that Jimmie Johnson would've won 7 Championships no matter what the format is. The fact that he keeps winning championships despite the changes that Brian Frances makes is proof of that.

Might not be the best way to tell, giving strategy would be different, etc etc. But wasn't their a list that came out and showed who would have won the championship under like all the formats that's been used? Again not the best way to compare but it shows how the season would have played out if everything went exactly the same way.

I have no doubt that Jimmie Johnson would've won 7 Championships no matter what the format is. The fact that he keeps winning championships despite the changes that Brian Frances makes is proof of that.
Im not so sure. IIRC there were several seasons he benefited greatly from the points resets that caught him back up when he was a couple races behind.

Somethings we will never know, could Kobayashi in his prime beat Joey Chestnut in his prime. Would Ric Flair have been a World Champion in todays world.
If I had gotten a 4G phone sooner, could I have said many more truths that would have spared the world of so many tragedies.

These questions are great because everyone is an expert that truly knows the answers, that no one can disprove.

I agree with Greg as the cream rises to the top and even though it is impossible to compare eras when you are really good you learn how to adapt and succeed.

Somethings we will never know, could Kobayashi in his prime beat Joey Chestnut in his prime. Would Ric Flair have been a World Champion in todays world.
If I had gotten a 4G phone sooner, could I have said many more truths that would have spared the world of so many tragedies.

These questions are great because everyone is an expert that truly knows the answers, that no one can disprove.
#truth

if they would book Flair as a champion he would be a champion in today's time.

Petty won races back in the day that were nothing more than a mere exhibition race at some long ago and forgotten fairgrounds. Impossible to compare the different eras of the sport with all the changes over the years.
In his day there were maybe 10 cars that consistently finished races. Even then few on lead lap. He had very limited competition for many seasons. Not that their cars weren't great.

I won't be surprised if he retires with 10 trophies. He's pretty good. Knaus is pretty good. Only injury or worse breaks them up.

I do not believe that Jimmie Johnson would've raced in NASCAR pre-1980. Cars are too dangerous for him.

Jimmie just needs to sit back and be magnaminous. He trashed talk Indy drivers, and then we find out that he won't race Indy because they're too dangerous for him to drive. He shouldn't be taken seriously when comparing himself to those old school NASCAR drivers, or throwing taunts of whether they could keep up with him in the modern era.

14-Stands-empty-at-noon.jpg

All of these people are thrilled to have witnessed Jimmie's seventh chase title.

I do not believe that Jimmie Johnson would've raced in NASCAR pre-1980. Cars are too dangerous for him.

Jimmie just needs to sit back and be magnaminous. He trashed talk Indy drivers, and then we find out that he won't race Indy because they're too dangerous for him to drive. He shouldn't be taken seriously when comparing himself to those old school NASCAR drivers, or throwing taunts of whether they could keep up with him in the modern era.

When has Jimmie Johnson ever trash talked IndyCar?

I feel like Earnhardt would have fewer, his driving style would hurt I think the same way Kyle Busch often has fallen apart before the last few years.

On the other hand, Kurt Busch was awesome when he represented NASCAR at the Indy 500.

I was very happy to see Kurt Busch maintain his composure and make that remarkable rookie run in the Indy 500.

In his day there were maybe 10 cars that consistently finished races. Even then few on lead lap. He had very limited competition for many seasons. Not that their cars weren't great.

Many different factors were taken into account back then also. If I'm not mistaken one could win a championship and net even have to participate in all sanctioned events. Saying that Jimmie Johnson isn't a great driver in today's NASCAR is pure ignorance without a doubt in my mind. Things change and it ain't never going to stop!

The criticism is of downforce levels. The same criticism has been leveled at NASCAR by its own and other drivers. In this case, Keselowski and Dario Franchitti agreed with him.

Rick Mears and Roger Penske agree and so do many other influential people in the racing community. Calling what he said "trash talk" is disingenuous at best.

The criticism is of downforce levels. The same criticism has been leveled at NASCAR by its own and other drivers. In this case, Keselowski and Dario Franchitti agreed with him.

Rick Mears and Roger Penske agree and so do many other influential people in the racing community. Calling what he said "trash talk" is disingenuous at best.

Jimmie Johnson knew he was trash talking. Indy responded in-kind.

You are twisting to deflect.

That's trash-talking the quality of racing, not the drivers as you posted back in #18.

He's trash talking the drivers as well, because they are the ones driving those cars. Indy Drivers knew Jimmie Johnson was trash talking them in that race, and that is why they responded as they did.

But to be clear, you purposefully left out the post that was being directly addressed: "When has Jimmie Johnson ever trash talked IndyCar?"

I have more respect for Danica Patrick as a race car driver then I ever will for Jimmie Johnson.

She may not have figured out how to run NASCAR as competitively as she would like, but she was an open wheel racer performing in a Premiere Series.

I have more respect for Danica Patrick as a race car driver then I ever will for Jimmie Johnson.

She may not have figured out how to run NASCAR as competitively as she would like, but she was an open wheel racer performing in a Premiere Series.

Jimmie won off-road, on dirtbikes, and on asphalt...

Well damn, something has to give. Given a chance, I think Jimmie would do quite well in open-wheel racing.

Jimmie Johnson knew he was trash talking. Indy responded in-kind.

You are twisting to deflect.

I'm stating facts.

You are putting your disdain for Johnson on display. Last night he was a coward if I recall your statement correctly.

Back
Top Bottom