Jimmie Johnson test positive for Covid-19

He has no symptoms. Wife has flu like symptoms. They will probably sit it out at home

wow this'll be the first cup race I've watched without him in the field. hope he recovers soon and comes back strong as ever. I bet he's glad he's been so proactive with his health because that probably is a huge reason why he hasn't been hit hard by it

also he's gonna miss that indy test:rolleyes:

Ofc it happens to Jimmie.

He REALLY needs to backtrack on retirement, if Hendrick will have him another year.

This is a major development and significant news story. Why was the thread folded back in to the catch-all pre-race chatter thread?

This is a major development and significant news story. Why was the thread folded back in to the catch-all pre-race chatter thread?
If you're going to ask that, you might as well ask why the Gragson speculation isn't in the 2021 Silly Season thread while you're at it.

EDIT: Looks like SOI is going to try again.

Johnson has made 663 conscutive Cup Series starts – the longest streak among active drivers – and is currently 12th in the standings, 63 points inside the playoff picture. NASCAR’s rules state a driver must be symptom free and have two negative coronavirus tests in a 24-hour span to return.

NASCAR said it has granted Johnson a playoff waiver.

“Jimmie is a true battle-tested champion, and we wish him well in his recovery,” the series said.

Johnson could potentially also miss the Cup race at Kentucky and the All-Star race at Bristol. Next week’s test of the road course at Indy in Scott Dixon’s car has also been scrapped.

Horrible, hope him and his is family get better quickly. The only good thing is that Jimmie is one of the fittest guys out there so that should help him beat this quickly.

Hang out with folks and get C19.
Chances are it’s gonna happen.
What’s not known is how it will affect you.
His wife didn’t do something right. I hope they both remain with little to no symptoms.

Jimmie deserves a lot of respect if he chose to go get the test ,even with no symptoms, knowing that he'd have to miss at least one race for a positive test. It would have been real easy to just keep quiet and go race Sunday .

Jimmie deserves a lot of respect if he chose to go get the test ,even with no symptoms, knowing that he'd have to miss at least one race for a positive test. It would have been real easy to just keep quiet and go race Sunday .

agreed.
Easily could’ve said nothing and risked getting people sick. But he did the right thing.

That sucks for him. Man he has had some terrible luck the past few years. Never been a fan but I will admit he is a first rate class act. Hopefully his wife will recover quickly and be ok.

Best of luck to Jimmie and Chandra and their kids. The fact that he is in good physical condition does not insure that he will remain without symptoms. It's too soon to know that. But it is a positive factor in his overall prognosis for sure.

SMH at the people suggesting Jimmie or anyone might conceal this and just go around infecting everyone with impunity. C'mon guys, it ain't a hoax.

Back
Top Bottom