Jimmie Johnson test positive for Covid-19

You have drawn an incorrect conclusion that because Johnson's wife was the first of the two to self report symptoms and get tested, that means she was definitely the first to contract the virus. This is an assumption, and not a reasonable one.

A reasonable assumption would be that one contracted the virus from the other, though this isn't even 100% certain. Very likely though.

Again, Johnson tested positive for antibodies earlier this year. This is not definitive, but it indicates a possibility that he carried the virus months ago.

No authority figure in communicable diseases would claim that "following precautions" while still interacting with others is a foolproof method to avoid contracting the virus. There are myriad stories of people who were rigorously cautious and still tested positive.

Distancing, masks, and frequent sanitizing are recommended because they significantly / greatly reduce the rate of transmission. They do not eliminate it. It is impossible for Johnson to carry out his profession and eliminate the risk of contracting COVID-19. This is why at least one Hendrick employee is in quartantine due to close continued contact with Johnson.

There has been no information released to indicate that Jimmie Johnson was more careful than his wife, as your post stated. He credits his wife for seeking out another test upon experiencing irregular symptoms. If she hadn't, it seems that he would be racing this weekend while carrying the virus.

Here's another way of putting it. I've had what I would call worse "allergy symptoms" this spring into summer than normal. Nothing major, but perceptibly more annoying than usual. This story has caused me to consider, what, am I supposed to get a COVID-19 test? They're just allergies, right?

If I were to be tested and test positive, and subsequently my wife (who hasn't had allergies but had a cold or two) tests positive as well, this would not indicate that I had the virus first. It would not indicate that I failed to follow CDC or other recognized health guidelines.

Prayers for the whole family. It sounds like Jimmi's wife Chani has the worst of it right now. I hope she doesn't get too sick with those kids and all. . Age and their health are in their favor. They aren't in the age group that is highly affected so hopefully they get well quickly..and Jimmie can make the Texas race
1593953251853.png

You're telling me that virus cant be tested closer to the front of your face? You can spread the virus from talking but you have to get it from back where my brain is pfff

^^ Yes, twice. Both negative and both unpleasant.

Testing and contact tracing are tools fundamental to the science of containing the virus. The denial of that fact defines stupidity.

You're telling me that virus cant be tested closer to the front of your face? You can spread the virus from talking but you have to get it from back where my brain is pfff
And people wonder why 50,000 plus people are testing positive in the US every day.

Moronic.

In recent rounds of testing prior to resumption of play, at least 25 NBA players have tested positive. At least 31 MLB players have. An MLS game was canceled when nine players and two coaches from the same team tested positive.

It would be an incredible leap of faith to believe that the number of active infections in the NASCAR garage last weekend was only 1 (Jimmie Johnson).

That is not to be construed as an argument that NASCAR should not be racing right now. These are complicated matters. It is dubious that there is no organized testing process, and that it is being left up to individuals. In many ways they are taking the virus seriously, and in others they are playing with fire.

I’m not making that argument either.

I want them to finish their season. If they don’t step it up and test every week that won’t happen.

same here, cases are up but so are recoveries and the fatality rate has been steady. Most of the new cases are from the 18-49 age group and they seldom need hospitalization

1594040653814.png

Reactions: Pat
Johnson will probably be back fairly soon, especially if he's been asymptomatic. He might be back for Texas, maybe even the All-Star race. If he's been asymptomatic, he should get negative results fairly soon. People with mild to severe symptoms can test positive weeks after their symptoms have left.

Lots of incorrect conclusions in this thread.

The new cases are going up but the death rate is not.

I skimmed though the thread again, and I don't see a single post that drew a conclusion that would be rebutted by this.

It is fortunate that the death counts have plateaued and aren't currently rising as cases rapidly accelerate. Treatments will continue to improve. There are a lot of unknowns, and research to suggest that there is more to having had COVID-19 than a binary died / didn't die. As in long-term lung and organ damage,

Last edited:
I'm curious if he was one of many to have a false-positive test with the newly leaked info of 4 "cold" strains and "Influenza A" falsely showing up as Covid-19 in lab testing. This could be the case for 90% of positive cases and if so, there could be a huge ****storm coming

This times 1,000! Thank you for posting this graph which clearly shows more positive cases is not resulting in more deaths.
Same thing in Okla, hospital beds are a bit up, but remember Tulsa was supposed to be a hot spot when the Donald showed up. The state has been open since May 1st. plenty long enough to see the results of that and we are trending down as the graph below shows. I really can't take much of what Fauchi says as gospel. Remember he first said masks don't matter, and now his latest after warning about the "second wave" for the last week or two, he has changed his tune and is saying that the first wave isn't finished. Personally I don't think they know what the hell is going on. It's out there, it really effects the older population for the most part as the statistics continue from the start to show, I can't believe none of the so called experts are stressing the importance of keeping the hands away from the eyes nose and mouth. Equally important as hand washing for preventing the spread of ANY virus.

1594145014136.png

If Johnson supposedly had it earlier in the year and has tested positive now, he's shown people can get it twice in a short period of time or the test was faulty. Either one is problematic.

If Johnson supposedly had it earlier in the year and has tested positive now, he's shown people can get it twice in a short period of time or the test was faulty. Either one is problematic.
why would that be if he had it twice and didn't know it?

If only he were an expert on death by car crash ... he'd be so much more believable.
Tell ya what, I went to a Chevy dealer yesterday for half a day, at least 50 people there and none of them were wearing a mask. When I got finished doing the deal it was rush hour time in a busy section of south Tulsa. After that I went to Wal Mart and maybe 10% were wearing masks. They did have sanatizer to slop on the cart handle. I really don't know which one concerned me more, driving an unfamiliar vehicle in rush hour and getting played by the veteran rush hour warriors, or dinking around Wally World. But it's get with it or stay on the porch in my world.

If only he were an expert on death by car crash ... he'd be so much more believable.

Well, he's already proven his lack of expertise with AIDS. (Actually, I think he knew the truth then, it just wasn't acceptable to say it)

why would that be if he had it twice and didn't know it?
The health "experts" have been telling us people can't get it a second time any time soon after they had it once. The unknown is they don't know how long a person will be immune from it a second time. If he's had it twice within such a short period of time, even those that have recovered are still at risk and it will be even harder to get rid of this disease.

Finally another remark that relates to Jimmie Johnson's situation and NASCAR, at least in part. Yes, there are indications both with SARS-CoV-2 and other coronavirus strains that immunity can be short-lived.

Antibody tests are believed to have approximately a 20% false positive rate. This is considered high. However, his positive result indicates that it is considerably more likely he was infected earlier this year than not.

That's not true....Rodney Childers just said on NASCAR Radio that Jimmie was lucky because this way, he could not get COVID during the Playoffs. I **** you not.

Tell ya what, I went to a Chevy dealer yesterday for half a day, at least 50 people there and none of them were wearing a mask. When I got finished doing the deal it was rush hour time in a busy section of south Tulsa. After that I went to Wal Mart and maybe 10% were wearing masks. They did have sanatizer to slop on the cart handle. I really don't know which one concerned me more, driving an unfamiliar vehicle in rush hour and getting played by the veteran rush hour warriors, or dinking around Wally World. But it's get with it or stay on the porch in my world.

All Toyota employees and customers wear masks. 100%. "Let's Go Places," indeed!

All Toyota employees and customers wear masks. 100%. "Let's Go Places," indeed!
I saw someone get thrown out of Walgreens because he wasn't wearing a mask. He told the cashier, who honestly handled his aggression wonderfully, to "have terrible day and ruin someone else's, you miserable bitch".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't know why some people get so bent out of shape about being asked to wear a mask. As I have said before, in our area, the ONLY regular retail places I know requiring them for customers is Menards and Costco. My feeling is that barring a government order, an individual business has the right to require them if they so choose. As a customer, you have the right to not shop there if you so choose. I don't like to wear them, but that is the price of doing business with Menards, and I have deemed the value of shopping there to outweigh that one negative, so I wear one there. It also doesn't do any good to get huffy with employees, who are stuck wearing them ALL DAY, and are only following orders anyway. If I had an issue with Menard's policy, I would take it up with John Menard, not some poor store clerk just trying to do their job.

Back
Top Bottom