Joey Logano

But wouldn't that leave a whole bunch of undeserving potential champion possibilities?
All but one :D lol

While I would like to see the main competitors fall.. ur right.. if Joey's going to win it all I would rather him go head to head with JJ(or Harvick), Brad, and Gordon... it would mean more that way.

But wouldn't that leave a whole bunch of undeserving potential champion possibilities?

Whoever wins it is deserving. This is the format nascar has now so drivers have to deal with it. The Los Angeles Angels had the best record in baseball and got swept by the royals who won the wild card play-in game. I guess they should still be considered the champs?

Whoever wins it is deserving. This is the format nascar has now so drivers have to deal with it. The Los Angeles Angels had the best record in baseball and got swept by the royals who won the wild card play-in game. I guess they should still be considered the champs?
The LA angels & the Royals didnt play with the Braves, Cubs, Yankees, Giants, Sox, Nationals & the Rays all on the field playing at the same time either.

The LA angels & the Royals didnt play with the Braves, Cubs, Yankees, Giants, Sox, Nationals & the Rays all on the field playing at the same time either.

Point is the best team all season doesn't always win the title. I'm a pats fan and if there were no playoffs they would have like 9 championships. I agree the format is gimmicky but at least it makes these races interesting

Point is the best team all season doesn't always win the title. I'm a pats fan and if there were no playoffs they would have like 9 championships. I agree the format is gimmicky but at least it makes these races interesting
The races are always interesting. The championship aint.

As long as the girl on the track understands to stay out of his way. All the replays show Joey hitting her, there was no one on his inside why didn't he turn left to miss her no he turned right right into her.

As long as the girl on the track understands to stay out of his way. All the replays show Joey hitting her, there was no one on his inside why didn't he turn left to miss her no he turned right right into her.
.... she clearly came down on Joey.. not that it was completely her fault but the lane was there when Joey went for it... her entry was so high that she left herself open.. regardless however, Joey should know not to be so aggressive when he's driving around back markers like that.

Guess he'll have to be careful at Martinsville when he laps her... plus he's gona win at Texas anyway so its all good :D

.... she clearly came down on Joey.. not that it was completely her fault but the lane was there when Joey went for it... her entry was so high that she left herself open.. regardless however, Joey should know not to be so aggressive when he's driving around back markers like that.

Guess he'll have to be careful at Martinsville when he laps her... plus he's gona win at Texas anyway so its all good :D
You would have thought Shepard would have taught him a lesson about that kind of thing. Guess not, at least he didn't take himself out this time and came out of it smelling like a rose.

Danica was having a good night but she left a lane open with that high entry. Then cut across Joey's nose. Joey was heavy on the brakes trying to avoid her coming down. She took herself out. Nobody to blame but herself.

You would have thought Shepard would have taught him a lesson about that kind of thing. Guess not, at least he didn't take himself out this time and came out of it smelling like a rose.
Shepard was a lapped car that took out Joey. Joey was racing for position against Danica. Thats the difference.

Shepard was a lapped car that took out Joey. Joey was racing for position against Danica. Thats the difference.
I think they're both wrong in a way.. Joey should have been more careful around her.. he's not around her enough to know how she drives really... but also Danica should have gave him some room as he is racing for a championship.

Is Joey REALLY racing for the championship now? He won last week, he's already in the next round, he could've finished 43rd last night and then 43rd at Talladega and been in the exact same place.

Is Joey REALLY racing for the championship now? He won last week, he's already in the next round, he could've finished 43rd last night and then 43rd at Talladega and been in the exact same place.
Not sure what ur point is here... was he supposed to just start and park? lol... Nah... making history is better.

Funny thing, Danica made the same move last night that Logano made on Shepard, but according to you, Joey is wrong in both cases. :rolleyes:

Funny thing, Danica made the same move last night that Logano made on Shepard, but according to you, Joey is wrong in both cases. :rolleyes:

glad you figured that out. He said that in his interview last night after the race that he shouldn't have stuck his nose in there. Guess you were too busy trying and failing miserably to be funny.:rolleyes:

glad you figured that out. He said that in his interview last night after the race that he shouldn't have stuck his nose in there. Guess you were too busy trying and failing miserably to be funny.:rolleyes:

so...you now feel Shepard was wrong??

Stop changing your mind.

She was running 11th. Not a back marker. I do feel that she is not blameless but your boy jolo is not squeaky clean either.

She was running 11th. Not a back marker. I do feel that she is not blameless but your boy jolo is not squeaky clean either.

I reckon she was in the process of backing her way back to her usual running spot.

She did some funny business along with the very talented mr. woody hat and both were out of the top 10 in less than 2 laps.

Not sure what ur point is here... was he supposed to just start and park? lol... Nah... making history is better.

Point is that Danica wasn't really racing around someone racing for the championship. Saying that just implies that Danica could somehow screw up his chances. That is usually the intent behind "respect the championship contenders."

These guys are ultra competitive no matter what. They will race for wins every race. If Joey had won last night, he puts everyone but himself at risk at 'dega. Now, the most dominant driver the entire season is safe to move on. That could come back to haunt Joey. He was racing to win.

No I know.. I said that... Joey doesnt race her much and should have been more careful.. at the same time she should have known that Joey is faster, because he always is... and not cut down like that.. I get that that is how u have to run this track but u cant just run whatever line u want when fighting for position.

No I know.. I said that... Joey doesnt race her much and should have been more careful.. at the same time she should have known that Joey is faster, because he always is... and not cut down like that.. I get that that is how u have to run this track but u cant just run whatever line u want when fighting for position.

They have got together before...

I think they're both wrong in a way.. Joey should have been more careful around her.. he's not around her enough to know how she drives really... but also Danica should have gave him some room as he is racing for a championship.
:fixed:

They were racing for position. She came down on him, and he put his big boy pants on and drove through the tight. I wasn't happy about it since Danica is my girl, but that was at least half her fault.

I don't think Joey expected her to come down like that. Yeah, he got on the radio afterwards talking big about not allowing her to chop him off anymore, but I think that was just the adrenaline flowing. If he had really intended to wreck her, he wouldn't have hit the brakes as hard as he did.

:fixed:

They were racing for position. She came down on him, and he put his big boy pants on and drove through the tight. I wasn't happy about it since Danica is my girl, but that was at least half her fault.

I don't think Joey expected her to come down like that. Yeah, he got on the radio afterwards talking big about not allowing her to chop him off anymore, but I think that was just the adrenaline flowing. If he had really intended to wreck her, he wouldn't have hit the brakes as hard as he did.
Somewhat agree.. but if he wasn't on the brakes like he was he likely would have wrecked too.

Also.. nothing from that post needed fixing :)

Somewhat agree.. but if he wasn't on the brakes like he was he likely would have wrecked too.

Also.. nothing from that post needed fixing :)
She shouldn't have come down on him, period. The championship has nothing to do with it IMO. Championship contender or not, everyone's allowed to race for position.

Oooh k.. gotcha.. thought u were implying he's not racing for a championship.. lol I was like o_O
LOL. It's all good.

Technically, he's not - he's racing for a chumpionship - but that's neither here nor there and we already have about fifty other threads to discuss that subject in. ;)

LOL. It's all good.

Technically, he's not - he's racing for a chumpionship - but that's neither here nor there and we already have about fifty other threads to discuss that subject in. ;)
Meh.. I dont want to get into bc of all those other threads.. but they all have the same rules and it will take a championship caliber driver to even make it to that final 4 let alone stand up to the pressure of a winner take all finale like that.

Meh.. I dont want to get into bc of all those other threads.. but they all have the same rules and it will take a championship caliber driver to even make it to that final 4 let alone stand up to the pressure of a winner take all finale like that.
Gonna respect your wishes and your boy's thread and not get into it any further. I'm half-tired of discussing it myself at this point.

So, uh...yeah, GO JOEY, I guess. :mellow:

Back
Top Bottom