Joey Logano

skinny brains that can't see the big picture.:XXROFL::XXROFL:
Erm, the big picture is that a driver like Keselowski poses a much bigger threat to my championship hopes than someone like Kahne. If I have a chance to knock him out, I do so.

I don't buy that Joey should feel indebted to Brad and help him win the title because he saved his career or something like that.

I think it's 9, 6, 3 or something.. highest finisher each race I believe.

Plus Penske is in the hunt for the owners championship in NNS as well... he's got a shot at winning the championship in every racing series he is competing in this year. That's impressive with 4 to go... 3 in NNS I think.
Same scale that they use for the drivers and owners. Chevy's highest finisher placing in 2nd with some laps led gets them 43 points.

I love how everyone automatically writes Brad in for the cup because Joey helped him win :rolleyes: lol
No one said that. His odds just aren't as good now. Brad has won almost a fifth of this year's races and I wouldn't want him still eligible if I had a say in it.

No one said that. His odds just aren't as good now. Brad has won almost a fifth of this year's races and I wouldn't want him still eligible if I had a say in it.
Maybe Joey's just confident :idunno:

I mean.. he's got just one less win and seems to be getting better as the year goes on. Maybe he wants to race against the best competition at Homestead and really earn it.

Same reason why I'm glad Jimmie is eliminated.

Jimmie is a monster in the upcoming 3 tracks. He would have had no problem advancing to Homestead.

Maybe Joey's just confident :idunno:

I mean.. he's got just one less win and seems to be getting better as the year goes on. Maybe he wants to race against the best competition at Homestead and really earn it.
I'm sure he is.

It is just mind-boggling that a racer would help a competitor, the winningest driver of the season, into the next round. Beating Brad in this round should be enough if he is of the line of thinking that he needs to beat the best.

Same reason why I'm glad Jimmie is eliminated.

Jimmie is a monster in the upcoming 3 tracks. He would have had no problem advancing to Homestead.
Exactly. This is the one full round where winning advances the majority of drivers. Competing against JJ at Martinsville and Texas for advancement would be awfully difficult in spite of how he's run since June.

are you guys worried? What's the problem? Both Penske's are in the next round and between them 11 wins? I bet Roger and Kez and Logano don't have a problem with it like you experts do.. You guys should know by now that you need help to win a restrictor plate race. Riding around in the back sure worked out well for the Hendrick team. Real teamwork there.o_O See ya Jr, JJ, and Kasey, right Jeffy? I'm sure all of them will get out of your way next week.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

You know.. there's no way anyone will convince me its a bad thing that Joey helped Brad lol

Erm, the big picture is that a driver like Keselowski poses a much bigger threat to my championship hopes than someone like Kahne. If I have a chance to knock him out, I do so.

I don't buy that Joey should feel indebted to Brad and help him win the title because he saved his career or something like that.

A lot of drivers feel the same way. ;)

You do what the boss says, but it's not like Joey gave up a win to help Brad. He never ran up front, then he got some splitter damage. But he sure pushed and blocked pretty good.

Those 2 usually race each other pretty hard, and that's what I expect to see at Homestead if they both make it. If one doesn't make the final round, he'll help the other win.

Talladega is a special case. If Logano had a chance to win, maybe he should have taken it but your teammate is not really gonna be much help at the remaining tracks.. I prefer Brad and his talent but Joey as just as good of a chance winning the title.

Talladega is a special case. If Logano had a chance to win, maybe he should have taken it but your teammate is not really gonna be much help at the remaining tracks.. I prefer Brad and his talent but Joey as just as good of a chance winning the title.
Exactly, Talladega is unique in that having a drafting partner can increase your chances of getting to the front and winning. Joey not only pushed, but he blocked at the end of the race to help his teammate win the race. This latest chase made that teamwork strategy possible with the win and your in business. A teammate if they have won already and are locked in can help another teammate to win. Better to do that than to let a competing team take the win if possible. Hendrick didn't get the memo apparently.

Pretty sure my boy over here just needs a top 10 at Phoenix to clinch his spot at Homestead... see.. it's not ALL about wins guys :D

If he can stay out of trouble he's pretty much a lock :)

If he can stay out of trouble he's pretty much a lock :)
Which I have faith in, since maybe he and Edwards are the only drivers left to not get into a beef with someone this year.

Just gotta hope the backmarkers don't lose their minds like they did the last two weeks.

Which I have faith in, since maybe he and Edwards are the only drivers left to not get into a beef with someone this year.

Just gotta hope the backmarkers don't lose their minds like they did the last two weeks.
Pretty much... Im sure others will take themselves out as usual lol

I seriously think Joeys got this... not even that worried about it really lol... I probably should be more worried than I am even but whatever.... I really think he's got it.

NASCAR: Defeated Logano still backs new Chase
Joey Logano still believes the revamped NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase format is good for the sport even though he would have been 2014 champion under the old system.
"It was an awesome experience," said Penske driver Logano. "This is the first time I've had a shot at winning a championship. It's the first time I've won more than one race in a season. It's been a spectacular year.

"I've a biased opinion right now, and I'm probably too close to the fire to comment much about how it went. As the car that scored more points than anyone in the Chase, it's hard to say you're in love with it, but I do think it was a good thing for the sport.

"I think the race was very exciting and it was just unfortunate that we didn't execute. It was a great experience."
http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/110970-defeated-logano-still-backs-new-chase

Joey is in a better place with Penske. Seems like he has a teammate that is similar to him now. Hopefully Penske can keep things going and be in contention next season.

Joey is in a better place with Penske. Seems like he has a teammate that is similar to him now. Hopefully Penske can keep things going and be in contention next season.
Penske just seems to have made a decision to do better in NASCAR and has... I see them putting a lot into R&D with this new rules package and two very confident drivers should make for a good season again I'm hoping.

Penske just seems to have made a decision to do better in NASCAR and has... I see them putting a lot into R&D with this new rules package and two very confident drivers should make for a good season again I'm hoping.
I think having Ryan Blaney on the team is also going to help.

Back
Top Bottom