Joey Logano

Is it a hot pass? Like for during the race?

If so how'd you score that?
No. Just a pre race show and walk through the pits/garage thing. And a few other things I can't currently remember.... I suppose I am doing more wishful thinking than anything else. Online they make it sound like you might get to see some drivers but I don't really count on it.
I guess I'll be near the Luke Bryan stage and wherever they do the intros.

[quote="SlicedBread22, post: 730805, member: 714I]I'll be trying to get to my first cup race this year at Bristol in the fall

:) Nice! I was kidding but that'd be awesome![/quote]
I will be at Bristol then too, camping, so maybe we can share a brew.

Outside DIS.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393176195351.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393176195351.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 219
  • uploadfromtaptalk1393176214296.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393176214296.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 252
Despite his 11th-place finish, Logano emerged from Daytona with the fourth-best driver rating (104.1) and the third-most quality passes (286) behind teammate Brad Keselowski (298) and Jeff Gordon (294).

:D Not baad

Where ya been Sliced ??? I was getting worried about you
LOL Oh Im here.. Just taking a break ... spent all off season looking forward to this now Im just enjoying it... don't worry I still come here every day... Just not necessarily talking to ppl every day if I don't see anything I have a comment about. Can't get rid of me that easy ;)

LOL Oh Im here.. Just taking a break ... spent all off season looking forward to this now Im just enjoying it... don't worry I still come here every day... Just not necessarily talking to ppl every day if I don't see anything I have a comment about. Can't get rid of me that easy ;)

I have never seen a post you didnt have a comment for !!! Glad yer ok though and good luck to yur driver this weekend

When Rick Hendrick talks, drivers listen. And this is what Hendrick has to say about Joey Logano:

“I think (Logano) is going to be a guy we have to deal with for a long time,” said Hendrick, owner of a powerhouse four-car stable that includes NASCAR Sprint Cup stars Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kasey Kahne. “He’s growing up and has a tremendous amount of talent. Of the guys coming along, he’s super aggressive.”

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/spe...aise-his-talent-potential.html?nclick_check=1

ESPN analyst Dale Jarrett, a past driving champion and three-time Daytona 500 winner, and legendary Richard Petty, a seven-time champion, also are Logano admirers.

“Joey came in as a young driver and has done a nice job of getting better each year,” Petty said.

Said Jarrett: “I don’t have any doubt he’s going to make his mark in this sport. I think we’ll be talking about someone winning championships. He’s ready for that.”

All this for a driver with three career wins in five full seasons.

:D

When Rick Hendrick talks, drivers listen. And this is what Hendrick has to say about Joey Logano:

“I think (Logano) is going to be a guy we have to deal with for a long time,” said Hendrick, owner of a powerhouse four-car stable that includes NASCAR Sprint Cup stars Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kasey Kahne. “He’s growing up and has a tremendous amount of talent. Of the guys coming along, he’s super aggressive.”

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/spe...aise-his-talent-potential.html?nclick_check=1

ESPN analyst Dale Jarrett, a past driving champion and three-time Daytona 500 winner, and legendary Richard Petty, a seven-time champion, also are Logano admirers.

“Joey came in as a young driver and has done a nice job of getting better each year,” Petty said.

Said Jarrett: “I don’t have any doubt he’s going to make his mark in this sport. I think we’ll be talking about someone winning championships. He’s ready for that.”

All this for a driver with three career wins in five full seasons.

:D

But what about Junior ??? :)

If Joey winds up with Hendrick at some point, will Brad cry about HMS stealing employees again?
LMAO I never really thought about it but I could see Joey replacing Kasey one day.. if he does as well as it seems he will.... although I do think Penske will hold on to him. Or try to anyway...

LMAO I never really thought about it but I could see Joey replacing Kasey one day.. if he does as well as it seems he will.... although I do think Penske will hold on to him. Or try to anyway...
I don't think he could if HMS wanted him, just sayin.

He's young enough where I think he'll wind up having raced for several teams by the time he's done.

As you know there can only be one champion per year, somebody is gonna have to figure out who gets it this year. Only one race in the books and we got 15 different guys that are gonna win it all, I am totally confused :(

And then there is that Junior guy that came outta nowhere and messed it all up even worse

I don't think he could if HMS wanted him, just sayin.
Good point... after all HMS usually gets what they want.
He's young enough where I think he'll wind up having raced for several teams by the time he's done.
Yeah I guess I could see that... I'd prefer to see him stay in one place but it's very likely he'll get a better offer at some point or be demoted... hopefully the former. Regardless I'll follow :D

As you know there can only be one champion per year, somebody is gonna have to figure out who gets it this year. Only one race in the books and we got 15 different guys that are gonna win it all, I am totally confused :(

And then there is that Junior guy that came outta nowhere and messed it all up even worse
Yeeeah u got me pretty confused there too...

Joey best avoid HMS they will surely make him their "testing" driver and he wont get any damned respect at all. He is better off where he is IMO

Joey best avoid HMS they will surely make him their "testing" driver and he wont get any damned respect at all. He is better off where he is IMO
Agreed. The big thing at Penske right now is equality.. they are both given the same equipment and work together with everything. He and Brad are very good friends and work together well. I hope BK steps it up this year.. that would elevate the entire operation. Still want to see Joey come out ahead though.

Good point... after all HMS usually gets what they want.

Yeah I guess I could see that... I'd prefer to see him stay in one place but it's very likely he'll get a better offer at some point or be demoted... hopefully the former. Regardless I'll follow :D

Yeeeah u got me pretty confused there too...

Yah well drink about 15 cups of coffee and see if it dont all make sense too you. Im high on life right now, we goin to the races buddy :D

Agreed. The big thing at Penske right now is equality.. they are both given the same equipment and work together with everything. He and Brad are very good friends and work together well. I hope BK steps it up this year.. that would elevate the entire operation. Still want to see Joey come out ahead though.

Joey isnt making life too easy for Brad these days. Joey can look him straight in the eyes now

Joey isnt making life too easy for Brad these days. Joey can look him straight in the eyes now
I duno I think Joey has to look down a bit to make eye contact with him :D I'm reeeally looking forward to the first time they race for a win together. I'm curious to see how they would race each other in that situation. They seem to race each other very clean .. but haven't fought for a win yet...

I duno I think Joey has to look down a bit to make eye contact with him :D I'm reeeally looking forward to the first time they race for a win together. I'm curious to see how they would race each other in that situation. They seem to race each other very clean .. but haven't fought for a win yet...

Gonna be exciting when it happens but you know how Brad is, I can hear it now "I could have easily put the bumper too him but I dont drive like that" :laugh:

Gonna be exciting when it happens but you know how Brad is, I can hear it now "I could have easily put the bumper too him but I dont drive like that" :laugh:
Well Joey isn't Kyle.. it'd probably be more like I could have put the bumper to him but Roger would have kicked my ass for rippin up his car :D

....I'm reeeally looking forward to the first time they race for a win together. I'm curious to see how they would race each other in that situation. They seem to race each other very clean .. but haven't fought for a win yet...

I imagine they'd race each other clean, but it would be hilarious if they took each other out being greedy with track position.

I imagine they'd race each other clean, but it would be hilarious if they took each other out being greedy with track position.
I could see it.. but I duno they do race each other very clean... and they've both said they would rather finish 2nd behind their team mate than to beat them and they both finish in the 20's... I hope we get to see that this year though.

"Maybe Logano’s just now recovering from a too-quick move to Sprint Cup, and he’s now with a race team that at least acts like it’s happy to be working with him. Looks like Logano’s finally where he needs to be at the right time. Maybe the driver once called “Sliced Bread” is finally in a sliced bread-type of situation. Wonder if he’s saying to himself, “Eat your heart out, Joe Gibbs Racing,” right about now?"

"Maybe Logano’s just now recovering from a too-quick move to Sprint Cup, and he’s now with a race team that at least acts like it’s happy to be working with him. Looks like Logano’s finally where he needs to be at the right time. Maybe the driver once called “Sliced Bread” is finally in a sliced bread-type of situation. Wonder if he’s saying to himself, “Eat your heart out, Joe Gibbs Racing,” right about now?"
There's no doubt Penske is a better organization for him to be a part of and it shows both on-track and off. It sure would be nice to see him win a Cup championship before one of JGR's divas does.

There's no doubt Penske is a better organization for him to be a part of and it shows both on-track and off. It sure would be nice to see him win a Cup championship before one of JGR's divas does.
I would love that. I really think its more of a possibility than ever before. I figured it'd be a couple more years until I could say that and mean it but I seriously think he's going to do some big things this year.

Back
Top Bottom