Joey Logano

I think Joey was probably the most improved driver of the year, he jumped from a C grade driver to a B grade driver.
Whether he stalls at B, falls back to C, or moves up to one of the elite drivers is a crap shoot. With Penske he has the equipment and enough time with his youth for improvement.

We will just have to wait and see what happens in the future. One other thing Joey has a lot of time if he continues to perform at the 2013 level. One win, maybe two and hovering around the top 10 isn't the performance of a light weight. If it takes him to age 30 to become one of the elites as in 3 plus wins, and threatening to win the title, he will have the time.
I think that's the best thing about being a fan of his :D

Stay as far away from it as possible. I shook hands with a monkey once when I was a kid...............that wont happen again, they are nasty little critters :eek:
my sister had to feed one for her friend who had one. She went into the cage and he beat the spit out of her..nothing serious, and I still can't quit laughing about it.

Oh yeah Joey..well, he got screwed by the press at first with the sliced bread label crap, thrown into cup without much experience and he really got handcuffed by being in with the two Gibbs egomaniacs and replacing Tony who got the hell out of Dodge. This year you could see the confidence grow as the season went along. I pay attention to drivers on the larger tracks because if you are starting to lose you nerve and fun for the sport it shows up first at the fast tracks. Joey kept getting better on those tracks as the year went on and was the most consistent driver on the Penske team. Kenseth grabbed most of the headlines with the switch to Gibbs, but after the smoke cleared, Joey improved the most ranking positions from an average finish of 19.5 during the Gibbs years to a finish of 8th the first year with Penske. He is on the way up IMO

image.jpg

I think Joey will continue to progress in 2014. JGR just wasn't a good fit for him and he seems much more at ease at Penske. I don't think he's championship material just yet, but another chase berth and 2 or 3 wins isn't out of the question.

my sister had to feed one for her friend who had one. She went into the cage and he beat the spit out of her..nothing serious, and I still can't quit laughing about it.

LMAO bet she wont babysit that damned monkey again !!!!!!!!!!!! Glad she wasnt hurt though :laugh:

LMAO bet she wont babysit that damned monkey again !!!!!!!!!!!! Glad she wasnt hurt though :laugh:
Yeah, her buddies went back to England for a visit so she volunteered to take care of the monkey. When she walked into the cage he Monkey stomped her. Jumped down on her head. Pulled out a couple handfuls of hair, and did a burnout on her head. So he rearranged her looks a bit. And you know how women are about all that. Her mistake was sending me pictures. Of course being a brother, I love to being up the monkey stomp whenever possible. Still trying to get even for the two goats she gave me as a wedding present.

Oh yeah Joey..well, he got screwed by the press at first with the sliced bread label crap, thrown into cup without much experience and he really got handcuffed by being in with the two Gibbs egomaniacs and replacing Tony who got the hell out of Dodge. This year you could see the confidence grow as the season went along. I pay attention to drivers on the larger tracks because if you are starting to lose you nerve and fun for the sport it shows up first at the fast tracks. Joey kept getting better on those tracks as the year went on and was the most consistent driver on the Penske team. Kenseth grabbed most of the headlines with the switch to Gibbs, but after the smoke cleared, Joey improved the most ranking positions from an average finish of 19.5 during the Gibbs years to a finish of 8th the first year with Penske. He is on the way up IMO
Yeah, her buddies went back to England for a visit so she volunteered to take care of the monkey. When she walked into the cage he Monkey stomped her. Jumped down on her head. Pulled out a couple handfuls of hair, and did a burnout on her head. So he rearranged her looks a bit. And you know how women are about all that. Her mistake was sending me pictures. Of course being a brother, I love to being up the monkey stomp whenever possible. Still trying to get even for the two goats she gave me as a wedding present.

I would be happy to take those goats if you still have them. :D

I think Joey was probably the most improved driver of the year, he jumped from a C grade driver to a B grade driver.
Whether he stalls at B, falls back to C, or moves up to one of the elite drivers is a crap shoot. With Penske he has the equipment and enough time with his youth for improvement.

We will just have to wait and see what happens in the future. One other thing Joey has a lot of time if he continues to perform at the 2013 level. One win, maybe two and hovering around the top 10 isn't the performance of a light weight. If it takes him to age 30 to become one of the elites as in 3 plus wins, and threatening to win the title, he will have the time.

I think the determining factor between B and C , will be teamwork . If Brad can pick up his game to be a top five team again , then Joey will benefit big time . With Joey carrying the mail by himself , he stays a C.

I think the determining factor between B and C , will be teamwork . If Brad can pick up his game to be a top five team again , then Joey will benefit big time . With Joey carrying the mail by himself , he stays a C.
I think thats what brings him up... I mean he went from #3 at JGR to the #1 (finisher) at Penske... if that doesn't deserve a B Im not sure what does...

I think thats what brings him up... I mean he went from #3 at JGR to the #1 (finisher) at Penske... if that doesn't deserve a B Im not sure what does...
1 year doesn't make a driver. Lets see how he does in the next year or two. Drivers seem to do good their first year with a team because they are pumped up starting fresh.

1 year doesn't make a driver. Lets see how he does in the next year or two. Drivers seem to do good their first year with a team because they are pumped up starting fresh.

*Hops in time machine to 2010* "I think Montoya is going to be a real contender this year! He finally made the Chase last year and proved that he can finally drive these race cars competitively! If it weren't for some bad luck he would have had a few better finishes than he did!

yeah right, just ask Kez and Kasey(2) who he took out. You one horse pony guys crack me up.
:moon:
Kasey likes being in second place anyway
I was a Nascar fan before Kyle was old enough to walk my friend so the "one horse pony" stuff doesnt really apply. Kyle is for sure my favorite these days though and Im certainly not ashamed of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle's a hack... over rated because of his 50 million lower series wins. ;)

Joey will be older than Mark Martin before he hits 10 cup wins Sliced. Dont forget Kyle was 4th overall in the cup standings this year with 4 wins. Joey has been driving over his head most of the year trying to piss with the big dogs, ask Denny Hamlin ................. he got caught up in one of Joeys messes.

See post #45 ------- that pretty much covers it :lurk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Joey will be older than Mark Martin before he hits 10 cup wins Sliced. Dont forget Kyle was 4th overall in the cup standings this year with 4 wins. Joey has been driving over his head most of the year trying to piss with the big dogs, ask Denny Hamlin ................. he got caught up in one of Joeys messes.

See post #45 ------- that pretty much covers it :lurk:
You wish.

I was a Nascar fan before Kyle was old enough to walk my friend so the "one horse pony" stuff doesnt really apply. Kyle is for sure my favorite these days though and Im certainly not ashamed of that.

Like all one horsers, you ride that pony until it's dead and then hop on another one.:D

Don't have any quarrel with that, but this my driver is better than yours crap spread out on every thread..SUCKS

Back
Top Bottom