Just realized this......manufactures

Catch anything?
Don't know about him but I got a couple....
1eb7ff770e941f33460d4a3a2234f209.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What context? The original poster tossed this out and hasn't been seen since; his post is the cryptic comment. Everything since has been based entirely on assumptions, mostly the one you made in the fourth post.

Yep, an assumption based on misinterpretation.

Ir looks like TRD has more to spend on fewer cars.

If I had a Toyota and you had one, the above fact would make us faster. This is essentially the whole idea behind auto racing, always has been and quite likely always will be ... unless someone figures out how to cost-cap a large group of liars and cheaters.

The interesting piece (to me anyway) is that I believe TRD's target is eight cars. Smaller can be better, and TRD has been doing a great job with that, but I don't think they are happy with five cars. I think this will change by next year. Wouldn't the other logical piece be that if there is an advantage in a smaller number of cars, why do Chevy and Ford contract with the numbers that they do?

Does one of them reside on these very boards?
More than one. Be easy around them. They're easily provoked. They get fighting mad if you don't show complete, loyal, loving and kind devotion to the GOAT. Walk on eggshells, you might be safe. I'm not sure. I sleep with one eye open for fear of being found.

Dodge won't come back unless NASCAR lets them run the 5.7 HEMI-based platform. I think we all know the predictability of that. They don't have a production pushrod V8 anymore except for the HEMI family.

As mentioned, Honda doesn't even make a production V8, so as nice as it would be to bring them in, it wont happen.

Toyota has an assembly plant in San Antonio. If that's not america, IDK what is. They even put it on all texas-sold trucks, "Made in Texas" stickers at the bottom left of the rear glass.

Dodge won't come back unless NASCAR lets them run the 5.7 HEMI-based platform. I think we all know the predictability of that. They don't have a production pushrod V8 anymore except for the HEMI family.

As mentioned, Honda doesn't even make a production V8, so as nice as it would be to bring them in, it wont happen.

Toyota has an assembly plant in San Antonio. If that's not america, IDK what is. They even put it on all texas-sold trucks, "Made in Texas" stickers at the bottom left of the rear glass.
One of the Toyota dealers here last year I think it was had a few of the Tundras on display by the side of the road in front of their lot and with "Made In Texas" on the doors

Toyota has more than just one

United States

Last edited:
Does one of them reside on these very boards?

Original poster could never answer how I would be bad for Toyota as I pointed out that he would hate Toyota with or without me.

Original poster could never answer how I would be bad for Toyota as I pointed out that he would hate Toyota with or without me.
Some guy posted this on a none NASCAR related Facebook group today
So I know NASCAR isn’t the racing of choice in here but.. A CAMRY AS THE PACE CAR?! I’m not even a huge fan but that’s got me real salty. It should be something at least reasonably quick, or quick looking...
I am happy that he isnt "huge fan" we dont need those types of fans in NASCAR

I've owned a 5.7L Hemi Dodge Ram for over 15 years now. It's a great engine. My Dad and I replaced the 16 spark plugs on it recently, and it's just as peppy as it was brand new. We've used it for heavy towing a boat, heavy payloads of concrete, city and highway driving. It's one of the best buys I've ever made.

I would be a big fan of them if they found a way to allow them to enter with that engine under the hood.

SMDH

The new Camry V-6’s have over 300 ponies and can get to 60mph in less than 6 seconds, pretty quick IMO. As for not “looking fast”, ain’t nothin’ wrong with a sleeper.

The new Camry V-6’s have over 300 ponies and can get to 60mph in less than 6 seconds, pretty quick IMO. As for not “looking fast”, ain’t nothin’ wrong with a sleeper.
For what is, that is pretty quick, I love me some sleepers, I think , and just my opinion, the new Camrys look fast if you will, I wouldnt be very upset if there was one sitting in my driveway.

For what is, that is pretty quick, I love me some sleepers, I think , and just my opinion, the new Camrys look fast if you will, I wouldnt be very upset if there was one sitting in my driveway.
I have a feeling that guy didn’t have a problem when 125-hp Pontiac Grand Prix’s were pacing the field.

Hell, I think they used a Chevy Sonic as the pace car at Michigan a few years back.

One of my favorite short stories is about a mechanic \ Vietnam Vet being challenged to a race by the Devil. Satan thought the old blue Nomad wagon would be a push over. He didn't know the curtains in the sleeper's rear windows.hid an aircraft engine out of a pylon racer.

One of my favorite short stories is about a mechanic \ Vietnam Vet being challenged to a race by the Devil. Satan thought the old blue Nomad wagon would be a push over. He didn't know the curtains in the sleeper's rear windows.hid an aircraft engine out of a pylon racer.
I would say that is a bit of sleeper

I have a feeling that guy didn’t have a problem when 125-hp Pontiac Grand Prix’s were pacing the field.

Hell, I think they used a Chevy Sonic as the pace car at Michigan a few years back.
I wonder if he has a problem when pickups are used?, I would guess he didnt, because "murcian" yo

I’m original poster
And it was just a simple observation
I hear and read comments that Toyota is ruining/taking over NASCAR (not exclusively from this board)
But there’s only 5 of them, you’d think there were 15 at nd all were winning

How much better would Chevrolet’s be if there were only 5?
Would winning be important enough to drop to 5?

I’m original poster
And it was just a simple observation
I hear and read comments that Toyota is ruining/taking over NASCAR (not exclusively from this board)
But there’s only 5 of them, you’d think there were 15 at nd all were winning

Would winning be important enough to drop to 5?

Naw, the original poster I was referring to is a notorious Toyota hater.

They wouldn't be. Chevy doesn't build their own engines, they write checks. Ford writes a check to Roush-Yates. TRD builds their own. I don't think Chevy has done much with chassis...again writes a check. Ford Performance is starting to support its teams like TRD, but I'm not sure that they are there yet. It isn't about the numbers, it's about the involvement. It is this involvement that gets Toyota haters worried about a F1-like NASCAR.

Tells me Toyota spends their money wisely.

so 16-car grids are in the future?

Joe Gibbs Racing are not really Joe Gibbs Racing. They're the Toyota factory team and that connotation the word carries from sportscar racing and motorcycle racing is apt. Otherwise the 2017 championship car would still be on the grid.

I do wonder if the only reason Leavine are a Toyota team is there's something in the rulebook of a manufacturer must be with more than 1 team.

so 16-car grids are in the future?

Joe Gibbs Racing are not really Joe Gibbs Racing. They're the Toyota factory team and that connotation the word carries from sportscar racing and motorcycle racing is apt. Otherwise the 2017 championship car would still be on the grid.

I do wonder if the only reason Leavine are a Toyota team is there's something in the rulebook of a manufacturer must be with more than 1 team.
Yep, I've brought that up earlier. F-1 ish. Perfectly legal, but if everybody did it, not only would the sport suffer, but the outcry when the twitter's figured it out would be long lived and continuous. Hopefully Nascar is working that out with the new car. The car just has to be much much cheaper to race to keep the independents going along with the factory teams.

The Charger is the clear winner here, although with the shift to coupes the last couple years Dodge would likely run the Challenger if they were to come back.

Well I'm partial to Dodge, but the Honda doesn't look too shabby either imo.

Back
Top Bottom