Kasey Kahne

In hindsight after that 2014 win maybe Kenny Francis should have been given another season... but the Kahne fans seem to conclude that Francis is/was trash and needed to go?

It's tough when you've been on the same team as Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. I think leaving Hendrick could be good.

Mr. Hendricks gives his drivers the best of everything, equally.

Any suggestion(s) otherwise are ridiculous.

In hindsight after that 2014 win maybe Kenny Francis should have been given another season... but the Kahne fans seem to conclude that Francis is/was trash and needed to go?

It's tough when you've been on the same team as Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. I think leaving Hendrick could be good.
It wasn't that Kenny was bad, it was just a relationship that needed a change. Unfortunately Keith wasn't the answer

He isn't, he needs a new CC.

He's just such a hot and cold driver, its hard to even imagine that is has been almost three years since Kasey has won a race.
Kasey is 37 & long passed his prime. Hes not getting any more talented or sharper. Hes also not like a Gordon, Johnson or Kenseth where age doesnt seem to hinder racing ability. A CC change wont help, imo.

Its a business & his time is done. Next man up.

Kasey is 37 & long passed his prime. Hes not getting any more talented or sharper. Hes also not like a Gordon, Johnson or Kenseth where age doesnt seem to hinder racing ability. A CC change wont help, imo.

Its a business & his time is done. Next man up.

How does anyone know when it has not even been attempted yet?

Well it's certainly obvious this car is simply just an R&D car. Any suggestions otherwise are simply ridiculous.
Oh nooo there it is...

The R&D car conspiracy...

Theories like this were going for mcmurray at roush too... then they started giving mcmurray chassis that Carl had just won a race within the last season and still same ol same.

If a team was going to use an R&D car it would be a driver that's already qualified for the chase with a win.It wouldn't surprise me to see a team try something different with JJ or Martin Truex's car to get an advantage for the chase.Ryan Newman even admitted after his win they could experiment with different things.

Oh nooo there it is...

The R&D car conspiracy...

Theories like this were going for mcmurray at roush too... then they started giving mcmurray chassis that Carl had just won a race within the last season and still same ol same.

Haha I don't believe that at all but I had an disagreement with a couple of members here about the effort being put into an HMS car. The post about the R&D was me being extremely sarcastic.

Not to get off topic, but if you'd have told me 10-12 years ago Kahne didnt win a Cup by this time I would have said you were a fool. I really thought him and Evernham Motorsports would be one of the faces of the sport. Kahne had such great talent its a shame it hasnt worked out for him, he's been on alot of teams. Evernham, Gillette/Evernham, RPM, Red Bull, HMS and I might be forgetting someone.... think if he could have stayed with a solid team he would have at least contended for a Cup

In Kahne's early cup days, Keith was his CC and they were winning like crazy. But since that time, the cars have changed a lot. I think the issue with his team and a lot of other teams, is the fact that if you're just a little bit off, you don't have the horsepower to power down and force your car through the corner. It's all about momentum due the increased amount of down force.

I don't think they ever got a handle on this, specifically on the 1.5 mile tracks aka cookie cutters. Not to mention, some of the teams are in a league of their own. I've been a kahne fan since Rusty's retirement and right now, I don't see him team getting a win any time soon. Last week at dover, they had a top 5 car at best and that's the best they've had in a while. This season has been better than the last few, but he's had bad luck, poor car setups and it just seems like the're always behind and have to catch up.

Rodden hasn't been much help either. He's made poor decisions and seems to have a difficult time making good changes to give kahne what he needs. He's gotten better and the communication with Kahne has improved, but they need to be consistently getting top 10's if they want to make the chase this year and so far, they've been hanging around 15th-20th with a few solid finished in between. It's just not good enough.

I know Kahne wan'ts to win, I think most of us do, but the team needs to give him a car he can actually win with. And honestly, I can't remember the last time he was given a car that could do that. All the while, johnson manages to get win after win, truex dominates, kyle larson always up front, harvick with all those 2nd place finishes. I don't know what those guys are doing to be there every single race, but that's what kahne and team need to figure out before they can even remotely think about winning again.

Haha I don't believe that at all but I had an disagreement with a couple of members here about the effort being put into an HMS car. The post about the R&D was me being extremely sarcastic.

I know but it reminded me of 2008 when they started doing that with the 99s and 26s... the first chassis they gave Jamie was Carl's 07 Bristol winning car. I was keeping up with roush's stuff at that time in particular so that's why it came to mind.

Kenny Francis brought faster cars to the track, in race calls were less than desirable. Rodden has slow cars and is terrible on race day, usually just follows the majority of other ccs.

Kasey Kahne to the 5!!!!

Oh, wait.........
giphy.gif

I dont dislike KK, he just never lived up to his "expectations" since signing with HMS. Once cut free, where do you see him? driving another car or retired from nascar?
Leaving Nascar to Run his Sprints I could see him starting a truck team also

Hendrick may in a downward spiral at this point. Today at Pocono, only one hendrick driver qualified inside the top 20. Granted, Jr didn't really care because he forgot how to shift and blew an engine in practice, but still. Something is definitely a miss from the whole team.

After Kahne's 26th place qualifying finish, he said "the brakes weren't setup correctly". When you go to a track where you're going 209 mph into the first corner and you can't break... that says a lot about where the team is at. Brakes are kind of fundamental are they not?

3/4 Hendrick drivers had brake issues today. Like I said, this year may mark the fall of hendrick.

3/4 Hendrick drivers had brake issues today. Like I said, this year may mark the fall of hendrick.
Incorrect, 2/4 HMS drivers had brake issues today, the other had engine issues when they shifted into 2nd gear by mistake.

Unless Chase was having brake issues, but I dont recall hearing that.

Incorrect, 2/4 HMS drivers had brake issues today, the other had engine issues when they shifted into 2nd gear by mistake.

While the mis-shift is what put him out, before then he complained of having soft brakes so 3 of 4 did have brake issues.

All I know if that when Kasey reported the brake issue Keith told him to park it, Kasey said it will be OK and kept going until they blew. I'm not sure what that says but it says something.

Park the car in the middle of a race? Rodden should be fired right ****** now.

Do your G-D job Rodden.

He was having slight issues early on but I think was able to get them cooled down enough.

Park the car in the middle of a race? Rodden should be fired right ******* now.

Do your G-D job Rodden.
To be fair, Kasey ended up parking it into the wall later on. KR wasnt wrong about the eventual outcome :idunno:
Yeah I feel like it shows the communication issues they have. I think Kasey also didn't just want to park when they had been solid if not great all day. Fortunately he managed to not wreck it like Jimmie did.

Hendrick may in a downward spiral at this point. Today at Pocono, only one hendrick driver qualified inside the top 20. Granted, Jr didn't really care because he forgot how to shift and blew an engine in practice, but still. Something is definitely a miss from the whole team.

After Kahne's 26th place qualifying finish, he said "the brakes weren't setup correctly". When you go to a track where you're going 209 mph into the first corner and you can't break... that says a lot about where the team is at. Brakes are kind of fundamental are they not?

they weren't the only team with brake issues by far. And it was manageable to a point and many drivers did go easy on the brakes. The prevailing opinion in the garage was with the reduced spoiler and less downforce making the brake use much heavier. Wana bet they have it all fixed the next time they show up?

Back
Top Bottom