Kasey Kahne

It's been a long time since this "also ran" did anything. Guys like kahne, mcmurray, Newman, honestly bowyer... are just known for a drought they always seem to be having... good drivers, but have proven to be mid pack specials who grab a win every 4 -6 years just holding rides that some up and comers in xfinity should be stepping into.

It's been a long time since this "also ran" did anything. Guys like kahne, mcmurray, Newman, honestly bowyer... are just known for a drought they always seem to be having... good drivers, but have proven to be mid pack specials who grab a win every 4 -6 years just holding rides that some up and comers in xfinity should be stepping into.
name a kid in Xfinity that can out drive Bowyer or McMurray. Name another that can pass Newman. LOL

name a kid in Xfinity that can out drive Bowyer or McMurray. Name another that can pass Newman. LOL

How would we be able to prove it, its such a hypothetical... until a guy can get in a cup car it's hard to prove one way or another..

My point is, these guys i named are famous for mid pack runs/seasons, and winless droughts... they've had their chances in multiple teams and aside from each of those guys having Maybe one or two years where they lived up to their original hype or atleast were close enough... none of them have done anything worth talking about around that, and it was all so darn long ago I don't get how they stay so revelant...I just look at that as a seat that should be occupied by anyone who's in xfinity right now running top 10s...

How would we be able to prove it, its such a hypothetical... until a guy can get in a cup car it's hard to prove one way or another..

My point is, these guys i named are famous for mid pack runs/seasons, and winless droughts... they've had their chances in multiple teams and aside from each of those guys having Maybe one or two years where they lived up to their original hype or atleast were close enough... none of them have done anything worth talking about in the last 3 or 4 seasons... I just look at that as a seat that should be occupied by anyone who's in xfinity right now running top 10s...

I liked Bowyer and I haven't seen him in a great ride. He drove for RCR and got Kevin's left overs. He then went to MWR and we all know those teams were not very good. Next he drove a one horse car that couldn't get out of its own way. Now he has Tony's team that have done nothing the last couple years AND they just switched manufacturers so they have to rebuild all the front clips for a Ford Motor. Only Penske's Fords did anything the last few years.
I noticed last night the 14 was close to the front so I suspect Bowyer and team are making progress.

Please there has never been a 4 to 6 year losing streak in kaseys career. If this is september of 2018 then we can talk about that. But he had never gone this long without a win until now. But leta not forget Hall of Famers have losing streaks too, anyone want to bring up Bill Elliott's 1995-2001?

Please there has never been a 4 to 6 year losing streak in kaseys career. If this is september of 2018 then we can talk about that. But he had never gone this long without a win until now. But leta not forget Hall of Famers have losing streaks too, anyone want to bring up Bill Elliott's 1995-2001?

If you're a champion and have the accolades a bill Elliott did by the 90s you have proven yourself... also 95 through 2000 was bill operating and driving his own team, it's up to him who filled the seat of his car...

People act as if Kasey hasn't been successful. Clint Bowyer has a handful of wins Kasey has 17. You don't win that much by dumb luck.

Terry Labonte had a pair of 4 year losing streaks. Mark Martin had a long dry spell. So did Rusty, Bill, and numerous others. Dale Jr's winless drought has been well documented. Has everyone forgot that Harvick went from winning Daytona in 2007 until Talladega 2010 without a win? These are some of the greats. This sport is fickle. The moment the wins dry up, everyone wants you fired for the next hotshot standing in line.

It's unbelievably difficult to win one race in the Cup series. Less than a 1/4 of all drivers who have competed in the series have won a single race. To win multiple times, much less double digit times, you had to have be doing something right at some point.

Terry Labonte had a pair of 4 year losing streaks. Mark Martin had a long dry spell. So did Rusty, Bill, and numerous others.

Many go through it, but again they all were champions at many of those points you mentioned, its a big difference when you've already been to the top and won the series championship, your name is among a much shorter list, than the who's who of race winners... also, I couldn't help to see you threw rusty in there... the dude won at least one race from 1986 through 2001, yeah 02 and 03, then 05 went without a win, but when you win for 15 straight years, you're dismissed from this topic...

lets please not compare hall of famers to McMurray, Kahne, ect... they have a lot of work to do to get in those conversations...

I get they're good race car drivers, they all are in those 37-40 cars each week, but to sperate yourself from the guys who "also ran" is kinda what I was going for... not trying to hate on these guys, but I do feel they've shown us what they had, and I believe that they showed it a long time ago, and honestly I'm waiting for someone else to get a chance in their rides.

You guys are sticking up for these dudes, and thats cool. I just don't care much for "potential" and who may have it, I'd rather look at the stats to see who does it and keeps doing it.

I'll let the Kasey Kahne topic go as normal now...

Nail in the coffin.

413464325.jpg

Terry Labonte had a pair of 4 year losing streaks. Mark Martin had a long dry spell. So did Rusty, Bill, and numerous others. Dale Jr's winless drought has been well documented. Has everyone forgot that Harvick went from winning Daytona in 2007 until Talladega 2010 without a win? These are some of the greats. This sport is fickle. The moment the wins dry up, everyone wants you fired for the next hotshot standing in line.

It's unbelievably difficult to win one race in the Cup series. Less than a 1/4 of all drivers who have competed in the series have won a single race. To win multiple times, much less double digit times, you had to have be doing something right at some point.

Hell I remember when Gordon couldn't buy a win to save his life from 2008-2010.

Gordon's worst career stretch. 1 win in 2 years.

Rick probaly considering moving kasey to the xfinity after this race maybe to try some new talent in Hendrix racing

Kasey is losing Great Clips and Farmers at the end of the year. If he doesn't find some funding he is gone I bet.

KK would be a great driver if the races were much shorter and with in his attention span.

Say what you want. Kahne qualified 5th and had a fast car. And as usual, after the first pit when the driver calls for his own changes to the car, he drops like a rock. Happens almost every time. I don't think it is the crew chief, he did it with the last one. His idea of "right" is a slow car.

Say what you want. Kahne qualified 5th and had a fast car. And as usual, after the first pit when the driver calls for his own changes to the car, he drops like a rock. Happens almost every time. I don't think it is the crew chief, he did it with the last one. His idea of "right" is a slow car.
Ah so you think he's calling for the wrong adjustments and has zero idea on how to set up a car? Not trolling, that's an interesting idea. Maybe he's just difficult to work with

Ah so you think he's calling for the wrong adjustments and has zero idea on how to set up a car? Not trolling, that's an interesting idea. Maybe he's just difficult to work with
I've watched him for years doing that. I use the leader board so I can keep up with the intervals and what place drivers are in. It's not an exact science or anything, but as a general rule he usually falls back from where he starts and settles on back in the pack and then he get buried back there. If I had to bet on one driver not being back next year it would be him, he is losing both of his sponsors at the end of the year. He might be able to get some sponsorship, but in today's climate, sponsors are hard to come by.

I've watched him for years doing that. I use the leader board so I can keep up with the intervals and what place drivers are in. It's not an exact science or anything, but as a general rule he usually falls back from where he starts and settles on back in the pack and then he get buried back there. If I had to bet on one driver not being back next year it would be him, he is losing both of his sponsors at the end of the year. He might be able to get some sponsorship, but in today's climate, sponsors are hard to come by.
I think Rick is selling Byron more than KK.

the problem for KK is how much do you actually see the car on TV these days. a front row car is getting just as much exposure to the media. Its tuff to imagine Kasey being that terrible. like I keep saying if junior can run a JJ setup within a couple tenths of jimmie. Why can't KK do the same thing. Remember when junior used jimmies 600 setup in may, I think he stand ran in the top 10 with it. To me that is how you know something is wrong, same with danica. If you have team mates with fast cars I am not saying your going to run as fast as them but you should at least be close. IE if they have a winning car you should at least be running in the top dozen with it. The think about KK is a top 15 is a good race for him. KK looks dazed and weird during what few interviews I have seen of him the last couple years.

I have listened to Kasey since he started in Bill old car. Usually what I hear is he tells Rodden what the car is doing and Rodden makes the call on changes.

Proof? This is BS.

My belief is Kasey is done in the 5 at this point, any other organization would of changed crew chiefs by now.

Drivers make calls for changes all the time... It could be true that Kasey is especially bad at it, but I think it's more likely that he's a little overrated. When he was excelling in the series it was during the rock hard tire (no finesse required whatsoever) era. They were literally running qualifying laps for 500 miles, and Elliott Sadler won a race at Bristol changing tires once if I recall correctly. lol.

At one point Kasey was a good driver, but I think his days are behind him. I don't expect Rodden to be back next year though.

KK can't focus for an entire race so even if he has a decent car he makes mistakes
in the latter half. When you start racing Danica real hard your mentally screwed.
These days he can't catch her.

KK can't focus for an entire race so even if he has a decent car he makes mistakes
in the latter half. When you start racing Danica real hard your mentally screwed.
These days he can't catch her.
Yeah the Kasey Kahne haters continue to over exaggerate Kasey has a better average finish then Danica but continue to act like he is Jeffery freaking Earnhardt.

To Kasey's defense, the other Hendrick car is 21st in points. Chase Elliott STILL hasn't won a race, and Jimmie has been feast or famine.

Last edited:
Lap 70 @ Indy, Rodden asks what do you have right there, tight off 5.2 up on track bar. Before the last stop tight off, 4.6 up on track bar. Once more they made the car worse. You people can say what you want Rodden is not good for the 5 car.

Yeah the Kasey Kahne haters continue to over exaggerate Kasey has a better average finish then Danica but continue to act like he is Jeffery freaking Earnhardt.

Jeffrey Earnhardt's never had the car to show whether he has the skills or not, at any level of the sport.

Rodden made a good call!!!! For all the people who said Kasey can't drive, you were wrong!

Back
Top Bottom