Kasey Kahne

I am not sure he has until 2018. Contract be damned

I am not sure he has until 2018. Contract be damned
I think he gets to the end of the contract, who are you going to throw in there for a year until Byron is ready?

I think he gets to the end of the contract, who are you going to throw in there for a year until Byron is ready?

Exactly he's certainly not looking he will be back the next go around. But there really is no one available until then and really it also depends on JR.

Kyle Larson is under contract through 2017, I believe.

I dont dislike KK, he just never lived up to his "expectations" since signing with HMS. Once cut free, where do you see him? driving another car or retired from nascar?

But there really is no one available until then and really it also depends on JR.
If common sense prevails, Junior is done racing a car. Rick has the money to buy a driver.
He could buy the whole #4 team. There are good drivers in top 15 that could replace Junior and KK

If common sense prevails, Junior is done racing a car. Rick has the money to buy a driver.
He could buy the whole #4 team. There are good drivers in top 15 that could replace Junior and KK

I guess we could assume that.

just FYI Gene Haas is worth roughly 3/4 Billion. Pretty sure Roger is the wealthiest owner too.

My reasoning is that by putting the CC and driver who fit together, you can advance a 15 place team to one in the top ten. I say this because Harvick has the right CC now and Kyle Bush does also and both drivers improved immensely
just FYI Gene Haas is worth roughly 3/4 Billion. Pretty sure Roger is the wealthiest owner too.

But does Gene really care about Nascar? He only got his team off the bottom because he brought in Tony and that also involved Rick and GM. Now that he has his F1 team up and running, Nascar is probably just a side line for him.

My reasoning is that by putting the CC and driver who fit together, you can advance a 15 place team to one in the top ten. I say this because Harvick has the right CC now and Kyle Bush does also and both drivers improved immensely

But does Gene really care about Nascar? He only got his team off the bottom because he brought in Tony and that also involved Rick and GM. Now that he has his F1 team up and running, Nascar is probably just a side line for him.

Yeah exactly it's hard to say how personally invested he is. Some owners never seem to be at the track.

Rogers first love is IRL so he will go there before a Nascar event.
Gene will follow his team in F1 as well time permitting.
Rick is being seen less and less at the track.

Could age be the deciding factor for all of them??

I would believe Tony is pretty invested though....and if he has any sway with Mr. Haas, I'm sure SHR will be able to get whatever/whoever they want...

Yeah exactly it's hard to say how personally invested he is. Some owners never seem to be at the track.
It's probably part of the plan. Gene manages the F1 team, Tony manages the Nascar team and while no longer being a driver.

Maybe Haas, Penske and Hendrick could take over for their respective jackmen once in a while ... so we'd know whether or not they're personally invested.

Maybe Haas, Penske and Hendrick could take over for their respective jackmen once in a while ... so we'd know whether or not they're personally invested.

It would be interesting now wouldn't it?

Glad to see Kasey remember how to drive again, obviously Hendrick has found something the last month, all four cars have been better!

Sometimes changing rides is good. Lagano and Kenseth are good examples. It took Jr a long time before he got competitive at Hendrick.

Happy to see Kasey doing better latly. 3rd place finish and I don't think he even got a post race interview, all about the chasers this time of year.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Happy to see Kasey doing better latly. 3rd place finish and I don't think he even got a post race interview, all about the chasers this time of year.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Nice run of form the last six races, outside of Dover, he has finished in the top 10 five times.

If he keeps it up into next year, I think Kasey will get into the chase with no issue.

Problem is when the going gets tough, KK gets lost. Seems like he's not a pressure guy at all.

They were starting to put runs together towards the end of the year, hopefully they can keep that going. I was really hoping for a crew chief change though

I would honestly like to see him do well, but my faith that he's going to come out swinging in 2017 and become one of the top drivers is pretty low.

I think he finishes out his contract, Byron gets his two years in Xfinity to prepare for the 5, and Kasey pulls an Edwards and retires quietly to drive more dirt sprint races and spend time with his wife and kid.

One would think the lower downforce package will play into his hands more, so we'll see how it plays out. I'd like to see a Hendrick car in victory lane again that doesn't have a 48 on the door.

Dude has totally lost it. Just like last year at a local Arctic Cat sprint car race both him and Larson came to Ohio Speedweek. Larson won while Kahne finished a lap down in 15th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps it's time Kahne 'n Patrick swap rides.

Fresh starts.........

Sounds like something Biffle would have said last year.

He isn't, he needs a new CC.

He's just such a hot and cold driver, its hard to even imagine that is has been almost three years since Kasey has won a race.

Honestly I remember kahne for his Richard Petty Motorsports days the most... I guess that was a few hours ago. you have to remind me of what notable things he's done in cup in the last 4 or 5 years...

I'm really surprised Hendrick hasn't pulled the plug on Keith Rodden yet before getting rid of Kahne.
I'm working on the theory that Keith has incriminating photos of Rick

I'm really surprised Hendrick hasn't pulled the plug on Keith Rodden yet before getting rid of Kahne.

I think the Kahne fans will agree with this, I would have pulled that plug last year.

Remember, Kenny Francis was Kasey's crew chief throughout his career. He needs a shot in the arm with some new guidance on the box.

I think the Kahne fans will agree with this, I would have pulled that plug last year.

Remember, Kenny Francis was Kasey's crew chief throughout his career. He needs a shot in the arm with some new guidance on the box.
I believe my first fire Keith Rodden post came well over a year ago

Back
Top Bottom