Kentucky Pre-Race Thread

I sure am glad that I decided to go out and get blasted last night. My cell phone smells like beer this morning so it was a good one :D

Reminds me of Atlanta 2011 being raced on Tuesday due to weather.

Or Michigan a few years ago. They finally got the race going Tuesday morning and then had to red flag it because of fog. It was kind of strange.

Last night I was finally going to get to watch a race live for the first time in more than a month. Damn. :( Got tickets for the Pirate game today and will be there instead of being able to watch this one. Unfortunately they are calling for rain in the Burg today and we'll probably not even get to see the ballgame. It's a lose, lose situation all around.
According to this who knows when it will run.

Descriptive Forecast
Sunday
tstorms.gif
Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and a chance of rain, then thunderstorms and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 77F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Sunday Night
nt_chancetstorms.gif
Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. Fog overnight. Low of 59F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.
Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point 58 | 58 74 | 64 74 | 64 65 | 64
Wind 2 mph SSE 0 mph North 3 mph North 5 mph NE
Humidity 100% 72% 73% 90%
Chance of Precip. 70% 70% 70% 50%
Cloud Cover 67% 82% 71% 71%
Conditions Chance of a Thunderstorm Chance of a Thunderstorm Thunderstorm
Chance of a Thunderstorm

Descriptive Forecast
Monday
tstorms.gif
Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain, then thunderstorms and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 77F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.
Monday Night
nt_chancetstorms.gif
Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. Fog overnight. Low of 59F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.

Temp. | Dew Point 62 | 62 72 | 65 75 | 66 65 | 64
Wind 5 mph NE 5 mph NE 6 mph NE 3 mph NE
Humidity 98% 76% 73% 95%
Chance of Precip. 50% 70% 70% 60%
Cloud Cover 82% 79% 79% 83%
Conditions Chance of a Thunderstorm Chance of a Thunderstorm Thunderstorm Chance of a Thunderstorm
Sunrise & Sunset
6:18 AM
9:08 PM

Descriptive Forecast
Tuesday
chancetstorms.gif
Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 81F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Tuesday Night
nt_chancetstorms.gif
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. Fog overnight. Low of 61F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Temp. | Dew Point 63 | 63 77 | 65 80 | 65 65 | 64
Wind 2 mph East 2 mph SE 4 mph SSE 4 mph South
Humidity 98% 68% 62% 97%
Chance of Precip. 50% 50% 50% 20%
Cloud Cover 80% 76% 73% 26%
Conditions Chance of a Thunderstorm Chance of a Thunderstorm Chance of a Thunderstorm Chance of a Thunderstorm
Sunrise & Sunset
6:19 AM
9:08 PM

Still not looking good. Thinking I may have to go out on the quad for the afternoon :)

My weather website says there's a 50% chance of rain in the Kentucky track area today.

Guess that means that it either will rain or it won't . . .

Ralph Sheheen from TNT just posted that there's a 0% chance of rain up until 2pm when it increases to 40%. Um, 50% and 70% aren't 0% and 40%.

Looking at the Weather.com 15-minute details the chance of rain is at 0% until 1:45 and then it's between 10-15% until 2:30 and then back to 0%.

For those veiwers in Canada, the race is on TSN2 @12:00 ET.

I know it sucks for those who don't have the package with TSN2 :(

That was great stuff if you lived within easy driving distance and had a vacation day to burn ;) I love Atlanta on rain delay days, but won't go to a regularly scheduled event. Too much traffic and I'm too old for night races.

Storms forming to the east of the track.

That was great stuff if you lived within easy driving distance and had a vacation day to burn ;) I love Atlanta on rain delay days, but won't go to a regularly scheduled event. Too much traffic and I'm too old for night races.

That was an excellent race. Honestly, seems most of those Monday and Tuesday races end up being classics.

Yeah I looked at the hourly projections on weather.com if the race starts right at 12, I think they'll at least get to halfway.

Does it come on tv at high noon est? I cant find anything so far.

Back
Top Bottom