Kentucky Pre-Race Thread

Did anybody catch Adam Alexander's sweet Kyle Petty Hot Wheels tie? Wonder what that is about.

May as well call it, reschedule it, and let the fans go to whatever lodging they have or can find before it gets late.

May as well call it, reschedule it, and let the fans go to whatever lodging they have or can find before it gets late.

I would hope everyone would have already scheduled a lodging for tonight. I mean, it was supposed to be a night race anyway, so they knew the race would end late. If I were there, I'd rather see the race tonight instead of having to book another night.

I would hope everyone would have already scheduled a lodging for tonight. I mean, it was supposed to be a night race anyway, so they knew the race would end late. If I were there, I'd rather see the race tonight instead of having to book another night.

We're about 2.5 hours away from Daytona and whenever we go to a night race there with nothing scheduled the next day we just make a straight shot home and get back in the early morning. It doesn't look like they'll manage to get it in so they ought to let fans know so they don't have to scramble too much.

The three drivers that they just showed on TV have won at every active track, but not at every track they have competed at (in the Cup series). Jeff would be the first.

I don't think he did, but NW isn't an 'active' track (unfortunately). I saw him win at The Rock.

He did. I didn't think he had won at NW, so I looked it up. Like Dylan said, he won the last race there. He's won at every track he's competed at on the Cup level, except for Kentucky.

Next closest to that record at Tony Stewart, who is probably SOL, as he never won at Rockingham, but also needs wins at Kentucky and Darlington. Same with Jimmie Johnson, he needs a few more tracks, but is also lacking a win at Rockingham so most likely will never have a chance to achieve what Gordon could.

He did. I didn't think he had won at NW, so I looked it up. Like Dylan said, he won the last race there. He's won at every track he's competed at on the Cup level, except for Kentucky.

Next closest to that record at Tony Stewart, who is probably SOL, as he never won at Rockingham, but also needs wins at Kentucky and Darlington. Same with Jimmie Johnson, he needs a few more tracks, but is also lacking a win at Rockingham so most likely will never have a chance to achieve what Gordon could.
Did JJ ever compete at Rockingham in a cup car? I'm thinking if he did it couldn't have been more than 1 or 2 times.

Carl Edwards wearing Dale Jarrett driving suit.

Bet TNT loved that plug for Falling Skies.

Good Eve all.

I'v always like Carl, the way when addressed he removes the sunglasses and faces the camera...always liked that.

The track looks pretty wet behind Carl. This race won't be starting for at least an hour if they even try to go tonight.

Hey I like Austin Dillon's hat

TNT wisdom: It's stopped raining and we're going racing soon ... as Ralph Sheheen walks through a puddle where rain drops are falling and everyone has umbrellas out.

FOX Sports has live coverage right now of the massacre in Baltimore. Some Yankees from New York traveled to Baltimore to play a baseball game and are just getting absolutely slaughtered on the diamond.

apparently Bowyer didn't think much of Kyle Petty's comment about Danica :rolleyes:

FOX Sports has live coverage right now of the massacre in Baltimore. Some Yankees from New York traveled to Baltimore to play a baseball game and are just getting absolutely slaughtered on the diamond.
Baseball; that's the one with the stick, right?

I can honestly say I'd rather watch Steven Wallace try to find the fast line around "It's a Small World".

TNT wisdom: It's stopped raining and we're going racing soon ... as Ralph Sheheen walks through a puddle where rain drops are falling and everyone has umbrellas out.

They've been wrong about the weather all night long. An hour ago they were saying that the rain was getting ready to clear out based on the radar, while I was looking at the radar and saw more rain headed for the track. Sure enough, more rain arrived.

They've been wrong about the weather all night long. An hour ago they were saying that the rain was getting ready to clear out based on the radar, while I was looking at the radar and saw more rain coming. Looks like they were wrong...
Anything to keep the audience. They've obviously already lost Andy. I'm just waiting to see if I should set the DVR.

TNT is trying so hard to convince viewers it's not raining - showing pictures of blue skies while it continues to pour at the track. All the journos on Twitter are calling them out.

um....guess we've run out of things to talk about....'quick start replaying what we did an hour and half ago'......

Here's a new radar image. If the rain can start heading more eastward than northeastward, it might stop raining at the track in an hour or two.

radar.gif

Once again, the track is where the circle is on 71.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what a 'Turtleman' is?

Edited: and the more I see of him, the more grateful I am that I don't know. No wonder I can't convince my friends that the NASCAR audience has become more sophisticated over the last 15 years. That segment must have set the sport's reputation back at least that far.

Back
Top Bottom