Khane not in 5 next yr

I think he got screwed going with Tony. Should have stayed with Penske and out lasted Rusty.
Newman probably left Penske because he was stinking it up the last 2-3 years there. Then he stunk it up at Haas, now stinks it up at Childress. He's simply not good.

^ I can't endorse that.
Newman probably left Penske because he was stinking it up the last 2-3 years there. Then he stunk it up at Haas, now stinks it up at Childress. He's simply not good.
He's good enough.

In 570 races, Mr. Newman has finished in the top ten 40 percent of the time. If there were no Ryan Newmans in the field, the field wouldn't exist.

The expectations of many so-called race fans are completely unrealistic.

^ I can't endorse that.

He's good enough.

In 570 races, Mr. Newman has finished in the top ten 40 percent of the time. If there were no Ryan Newmans in the field, the field wouldn't exist.

The expectations of many so-called race fans are completely unrealistic.
There are 40 cars in a field, statistically you should get a top 10 25% of the time. What does his percentage go down to in top 5's? I'm just saying there's little difference between Ryan Newman and any other Dave Blaneyreutimann journeyman

There are 40 cars in a field, statistically you should get a top 10 25% of the time. What does his percentage go down to in top 5's? I'm just saying there's little difference between Ryan Newman and any other Dave Blaneyreutimann journeyman
Blaney and Reutimann's performance records combined don't equal Newman's.

People earn top 10's by racing hard. The statistics follow performance ... they don't lead it.

Not good? Journeyman? LOL.

Newman won 8 races in a single season. Even now in the later years of his career, he's still the best driver on his team. But yeah, he's a bum :rolleyes:

Yeah I think it's interesting people are calling Newman a bum when he's the only guy who's done jack since Harvick left besides Austin's little flukey fuel milage win (sorry Dillon fans).

More smoke to GMS coming to Cup? Damn, I just do not want to see freaking Gallagher in a Cup car...

Damn airline money.
If GMS starts an alliance with Hendrick I guess it could mean Justin Haley to the #9 JRM car which would be good

For the love of racing. Just ask your guy Harry ;)

7457184816_1878905468.jpg

When Harry retired he ran some races but he didn't go to a lesser series to compete for a championship.

And Eddie Murphy had a hit single.

My girl wants to party all the time. Party all the time party all the time.

IMO, Newman was a good solid cup driver who is now in the twilight of his career. He never finished top 5* in points had 2 seasons with multiple race wins, 6 years with no wins and hasn't lead a ton of laps in the last 5 years or so. He was and still is better than most of the drivers that suit up.

Matter of opinion. Rusty was very jealous of Newman's success and unfortunately he had the power there to screw him over. SHR had junk and the only reason Tony won anything is because he had JJ's cars. In their own equipment Tony couldn't keep up with Danica. At RCR you just know they give it all to the 3 car and yet Newman still raced his way to Homestead and a chance to win it all. He is a true bulldog of a racer, always doing more with less.

When Harry retired he ran some races but he didn't go to a lesser series to compete for a championship.
When Harry left Nascar Cup racing, he walked away with a lifetime sponsorship from Skoal. Many of the times he has been spotted at races was because he was fulfilling his responsibilities. He also made many appearances at various other types of shows like buildings and trades.
The reason is because he proved himself to be "Gentleman Harry. and is respected everywhere.

My girl wants to party all the time. Party all the time party all the time.

IMO, Newman was a good solid cup driver who is now in the twilight of his career. He never finished top 5* in points had 2 seasons with multiple race wins, 6 years with no wins and hasn't lead a ton of laps in the last 5 years or so. He was and still is better than most of the drivers that suit up.
He finished 4th at Homestead the first year of the Lottery Championship. He poited his way in and stayed to the last race without a win. That makes him a very good journeyman driver and RCR is lucky to have him.

And throat punches Kyle Busch
I WOULD PAY TO WATCH THE WHOLE SEQUENCE. WINS CUP. SAYS HE'S DONE. FLIPS THE BIRD. LEAVES WITH GIRLS ALL AROUND HIM. THROAT PUNCHES KYLE.
Yes. I would watch all of this.
Even if Kyle gets punched. :( :p

Yeah I think it's interesting people are calling Newman a bum when he's the only guy who's done jack since Harvick left besides Austin's little flukey fuel milage win (sorry Dillon fans).

Maybe it's just me, but I don't quite see it that way. Ryan's lone win at RCR was kind of flukey, imo. :) Better than Austin? Yeah. My definition of a good driver? No.

This is laughable. Newman is a solid driver. If Newman's not good nearly 80% of the field is horrible. Myself I think all these drivers are good, or else they wouldn't be in Cup.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't quite see it that way. Ryan's lone win at RCR was kind of flukey, imo. :) Better than Austin? Yeah. My definition of a good driver? No.

You're on point. I'm just more impressed by holding off the field on two tires than a fuel mileage win. I'm not sure why Austin has been so awful this year outside of that win given last year it looked like he might have turned the corner.

How did this thread get about RCR? Nobody has commented on the Byron to the 5 news. I wonder how he'll do in the 5? I don't think Kaseys results are all his fault. It seems Hendrick has always had 1 team that under preformed.

How did this thread get about RCR? Nobody has commented on the Byron to the 5 news. I wonder how he'll do in the 5? I don't think Kaseys results are all his fault. It seems Hendrick has always had 1 team that under preformed.

Overall as an organization Hendrick looks a little off even despite Jimmie's title last year, since Jeff left. Kasey has some talent left in the tank.

Not sure at all how Byron will do, I expect him to struggle quite a bit actually.

Overall as an organization Hendrick looks a little off even despite Jimmie's title last year, since Jeff left. Kasey has some talent left in the tank.

Not sure at all how Byron will do, I expect him to struggle quite a bit actually.
I agree with this, seems you can spend more money in Xfinity and gain speed but in cup half the field is spending all the money you can spend. Unless Hendrick as a whole can find speed I think Byron will struggle.

I expect Byron to do well early on and be the second best driver in that stable behind Jimmie and might even out perform him as well.

Yeah I think he's more talented than Chase and Bowman personally. All depends on crew chiefs and all that though. Difference between Chase and Byron is Chase ran two full seasons of Xfinity and had 5-6 Cup races under his belt, Byron will presumably not be in any Cup races before Daytona.

Yeah I think he's more talented than Chase and Bowman personally. All depends on crew chiefs and all that though. Difference between Chase and Byron is Chase ran two full seasons of Xfinity and had 5-6 Cup races under his belt, Byron will presumably not be in any Cup races before Daytona.

Don't think it matters, kid has won with a new team and crew chief the last two years and been just fine. Seems to do good in something he's new to so we'll see if he can continue that.

Kasey Khane throws Rick Hendrick under the bus...

"We want to be better than that," Kahne said. "I've pushed for that for a year-and-a-half that we need a couple of things different on our team. We need to be better and there are a couple of things that could do that for us and we never got any of that, so performance wasn't going to pick up...

Kahne wasn't specific about what he thinks needed to be changed to achieve better performance.

"I think it's business at this point," Kahne said. "My performance wasn't where it should have been the past couple of years, but if it was about performance, something would have been fixed, something would have been changed to enhance that... And it wasn't. So to me it was about business."
(Link to Bob Pockrass, ESPN)

"We want to be better than that," Kahne said. "I've pushed for that for a year-and-a-half that we need a couple of things different on our team. We need to be better and there are a couple of things that could do that for us and we never got any of that, so performance wasn't going to pick up...

Kahne wasn't specific about what he thinks needed to be changed to achieve better performance.

"I think it's business at this point," Kahne said. "My performance wasn't where it should have been the past couple of years, but if it was about performance, something would have been fixed, something would have been changed to enhance that... And it wasn't. So to me it was about business."
I always felt Kasey was out as soon as Byron went to Jr. I also felt like they were not doing all they could to help the 5, no crew chief change or anything. Rick made up his mind a long time ago.

What else is Khane going to say? "I am not the racer I was before and therefore could not maximize the resources given me?"

I hope everything works out for him and he can catch on somewhere but he would be wise to keep his thoughts to himself lest Rick decides not to pay him next year.

Sounds more like he's throwing his crew chief under the bus. And he would be right.

TIL 18 Cup wins = bum

Partly my bad, somebody brought him up and I just stirred it on.

We all knew "Byron to the 5" was inevitable. Some say he'll struggle; I think he will be like Suarez this year and come alive in the second half. After all, that is kind of what is going on with him in the Xfinity Series. He went nearly half of the season without winning, and now he has three X wins to his name. I hope he spanks everyone in the X playoffs. :biggrin:

In all seriousness, things aren't looking to great for KK to have full ride in cup after his failed stint with Hendricks. What are his options at this point? Does he want to keep racing in a lower series with some opportunities in cup, does he want to go and run/work for a team, or go into media?

Ugh, he's got his Brickyard win going for him. Otherwise, it has been a useless year for him.

Lot of haterade being drunk tonight

Back
Top Bottom