Kurt Busch: No charges filed.

I think the quote of the day for me came from Mike Bagley from NASCAR Radio. He said, "Just because the DA doesn't have enough evidence to go to trial, doesn't mean that Kurt is innocent." Really? In a country where you are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, that's exactly what it ****** means. There will be no guilt. Thus, innocence. What a moron. Further, I vomited in my mouth repeatedly today as NASCAR tried to justify the suspension. The self-indulgent minions coming from the NASCAR brass worked so hard to be right, but failed because they are wrong. What a complete bunch of bull****.

On a related note, I was deeply disappointed in Ryan McGee. A guy whose work I usually enjoy. His rant this morning on NASCAR Radio clearly revealed his dislike for Kurt, and his willingness to use his position to defame him. Chicken ****.

In addition to all of that, Pistone and Bagley blamed their audience for the emphasis on this ****. Way to kick your "loyal" following in the nuts.

Finally, is there anybody who believes that Kurt's "Road to Horse****" is anything other than a smile, and answer the questions thing? Play nice Kurt. This will be over soon, and the NASCAR butt kissers can stroke themselves for the next 10 years about how they made you a better person. Just like they did with Allmendinger. The dude said he popped one ****** pill. Just one. Thank God for NASCAR.

This whole deal makes me sick, and it's a rare day I flame NASCAR, but holy **** they are off the rail on this. Somebody who "examines the evidence" was sure Kurt was screwed. He wasn't, and they look like idiots.

Last edited:
Not being guilty does not mean "innocent." It means "not guilty" because the word "guilty" implies that it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that you did it.

Mike Bagley is 100% correct.

Innocent until proven freakin' guilty. Was Kurt Busch proven guilty? Answer the question (channelling my inner John McEnroe). NO. Thus, innocent. Mike Bagley is a moron.

Innocent until proven freakin' guilty. Was Kurt Busch proven guilty? Answer the question (channelling my inner John McEnroe). NO. Thus, innocent. Mike Bagley is a moron.
I agree. Of course, technically and literally, it doesn't mean he didn't do anything but... what else can we do? He's not being charged so how the hell, in good conscious, can we still punish the guy?
I mean, that's the way it works ain't it? You're not charged or you're cleared or whatever and you're good to go, right?
If we're going to rely on our systems to govern us and hold our **** together, we gotta do just that.
If you're charged and convicted - punishment. If you ain't - no punishment.
Seems straight forward.

Like OJ Simpson was innocent? Right!

Like OJ Simpson was innocent? Right!

If the gloves dont fit, you must hit again.

Just kidding.

No one is completely innocent so I dont buy the whole innocent thing.

Legally, Busch is clear, morally, I don't have the information to make that decision. If he's clear from charges he should be clear to race. Everybody here knows I'm not a fan of either Busch brother but right is right. Put him back on the track.

I am not in a position to pass judgment on either of the parties involved. As for Kurt driving..........in my opinion, the Sponsors are the most likely ones to make that decision. Will SHR give him his ride back if it is unsponsored? Hmm

I am not in a position to pass judgment on either of the parties involved. As for Kurt driving..........in my opinion, the Sponsors are the most likely ones to make that decision. Will SHR give him his ride back if it is unsponsored? Hmm
I don't think the sponsor is going to be a problem. The sponsor is the owner, Gene Hass. He's spoken out in support of Kurt several times since the beginning of all of this.

Ok, odd though.......I know Hass was the main sponsor, but thought I saw a report in the News that those contributing sponsors had dropped him..........guess not.

Ok, odd though.......I know Hass was the main sponsor, but thought I saw a report in the News that those contributing sponsors had dropped him..........guess not.
I'm not sure about any of the associate sponsors dropping him. Maybe someone else knows and if they do, maybe they could post a link. I'd like to read it.

I think the quote of the day for me came from Mike Bagley from NASCAR Radio. He said, "Just because the DA doesn't have enough evidence to go to trial, doesn't mean that Kurt is innocent." Really? In a country where you are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, that's exactly what it ******* means. There will be no guilt. Thus, innocence. What a moron. Further, I vomited in my mouth repeatedly today as NASCAR tried to justify the suspension. The self-indulgent minions coming from the NASCAR brass worked so hard to be right, but failed because they are wrong. What a complete bunch of bull****.

On a related note, I was deeply disappointed in Ryan McGee. A guy whose work I usually enjoy. His rant this morning on NASCAR Radio clearly revealed his dislike for Kurt, and his willingness to use his position to defame him. Chicken sh!t.

In addition to all of that, Pistone and Bagley blamed their audience for the emphasis on this sh!t. Way to kick your "loyal" following in the nuts.

Finally, is there anybody who believes that Kurt's "Road to Horse****" is anything other than a smile, and answer the questions thing? Play nice Kurt. This will be over soon, and the NASCAR butt kissers can stroke themselves for the next 10 years about how they made you a better person. Just like they did with Allmendinger. The dude said he popped one ******* pill. Just one. Thank God for NASCAR.

This whole deal makes me sick, and it's a rare day I flame NASCAR, but holy sh!t they are off the rail on this. Somebody who "examines the evidence" was sure Kurt was screwed. He wasn't, and they look like idiots.

Nascar screwed the pooch in rushing to judgment on Kurt and instead of righting a wrong they compounded one bad decision upon another. I have referred to Kurt's road to recovery as a dog and pony show as that is what it is.

Not being guilty does not mean "innocent." It means "not guilty" because the word "guilty" implies that it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that you did it.

Way too technical there Nature Boy , way too technical. ;)

Reactions: Pat
I remember reading that GM had "disassociated" itself with Kurt. Have they kissed and made up yet?

I remember reading that GM had "disassociated" itself with Kurt. Have they kissed and made up yet?
From earlier this week...

"Chevrolet, which announced last month that it had “suspended its relationship with Kurt Busch indefinitely,” issued a statement Thursday night. Jim Campbell, Chevrolet vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports, stated: “Our relationship with Kurt Busch remains unchanged. He remains suspended, and we will continue to monitor all aspects of this situation.”

It has moved from a legal issue to a PR issue. I would like to know what is next? What does NASCAR require from Kurt and what time frame will it take.

I would guess Kurt will be back in a week or two, politically correct timing. I'm not Kurt, but I would let sleeping dog's lie and forget about messing with Driscoll in the court system. Even if he would win, what would be the use?

Nascar screwed the pooch in rushing to judgment on Kurt and instead of righting a wrong they compounded one bad decision upon another. I have referred to Kurt's road to recovery as a dog and pony show as that is what it is.

They stated that they had "learned" from the Travis Kvapil incident, apparently they think they "screwed the pooch" on that one and did stuff right with Kurt :rolleyes:
I have a feeling they screwed them both up

From earlier this week...

"Chevrolet, which announced last month that it had “suspended its relationship with Kurt Busch indefinitely,” issued a statement Thursday night. Jim Campbell, Chevrolet vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports, stated: “Our relationship with Kurt Busch remains unchanged. He remains suspended, and we will continue to monitor all aspects of this situation.”

Suspended from his PSA. He can still drive the thing. Just means that he doesn't have to do their commercials. Big talk. No backbone.

So true. In real life there are thousands of people out there who aren't innocent but never found guilty. Kurt did not get his day in court, so we don't know. This could be good for him or it could be bad for him depending on how you look at it.

So true. In real life there are thousands of people out there who aren't innocent but never found guilty. Kurt did not get his day in court, so we don't know. This could be good for him or it could be bad for him depending on how you look at it.

By definition innocent until proven guilty, Kurt Busch is innocent. That's all anybody should need....except NASCAR.

They stated that they had "learned" from the Travis Kvapil incident, apparently they think they "screwed the pooch" on that one and did stuff right with Kurt :rolleyes:
I have a feeling they screwed them both up

I think that when you start to act like a self-righteous organization, you don't ever have to be right because in your mind you are always right. I heard all day yesterday how NASCAR examined evidence. Who the hell is NASCAR to examine evidence? I want to remind the readers of my posts on this issue that I rarely bash NASCAR. On this one, I am pissed. It's stupid. All we have is what the courts decide. By that definition, Kurt is getting screwed. Am I a huge Kurt fan? Wrong manufacturer. However, this is a joke. I am stunned that Kurt is signed the Road to Whatever. His lawyer must have been out chasing an ambulance or something.

I would guess Kurt will be back in a week or two, politically correct timing. I'm not Kurt, but I would let sleeping dog's lie and forget about messing with Driscoll in the court system. Even if he would win, what would be the use?

I agree on all aspects of this post.

I think that when you start to act like a self-righteous organization, you don't ever have to be right because in your mind you are always right. I heard all day yesterday how NASCAR examined evidence. Who the hell is NASCAR to examine evidence? I want to remind the readers of my posts on this issue that I rarely bash NASCAR. On this one, I am pissed. It's stupid. All we have is what the courts decide. By that definition, Kurt is getting screwed. Am I a huge Kurt fan? Wrong manufacturer. However, this is a joke. I am stunned that Kurt is signed the Road to Whatever. His lawyer must have been out chasing an ambulance or something.

Prisons have a rule that says: actions detrimental to the health, safety or security of the institution. Nascar has: actions detrimental to stock car racing. Both rules if you can call them that means absolute control. They can park their motor home crooked and be in violation of that rule. Way too much control IMO. for any organization. No due process.

Its possible that his lawyer had Kurts best interest in mind but going thru the "program" is like admitting guilt IMO I wonder if a driver with a different last name would have been treated in this manner ?

I don't think that Kurt Busch, or any other driver, has any choice in the matter other than to go through whatever reinstatement process is put in front of him/her. NASCAR's rules.

Friends, some are losing sight of the simple fact that it is NASCAR's playground and their rules. They make the rules --- the teams/drivers have a very
simple choice -- play by their rules or go play somewhere else.

That is the way it has been since its inception. Big Bill created it and decided how it was to be run. Nothing has changed.

We may not like the way NASCAR does business. We may complain/moan/groan or whatever --- the only way we really
have to voice our dislike is with our money. We are all free to take our wallets elsewhere. For me, the question is where?

This whole deal would make for a great docudrama on "NETFLIX".

For my 2 cents on this.
No charge, put him back in the car right now, period. (plus, I do not even like the guy, never have)

Friends, some are losing sight of the simple fact that it is NASCAR's playground and their rules. They make the rules --- the teams/drivers have a very
simple choice -- play by their rules or go play somewhere else.

That is the way it has been since its inception. Big Bill created it and decided how it was to be run. Nothing has changed.

We may not like the way NASCAR does business. We may complain/moan/groan or whatever --- the only way we really
have to voice our dislike is with our money. We are all free to take our wallets elsewhere. For me, the question is where?
Are you trying to say that complaining on here will do no good? :D Just how fun would this place be if we couldn't hear the same people complain about the same things over and over again?

and me. I don't know if he is innocent or not because it never went to court. :idunno:
YEP I agree ^^^^^^^^

Lets recap here, a whack job accused a guy with a bad temper of abusing her resulting in no trial because lack of evidence. Dude, where's your car.

I would like to see Kurt and Patricia in the Octagon as a charity event. Considering he cries while watching Brad Pitt movies naked though, might not be much of a fight.

Lets recap here, a whack job accused a guy with a bad temper of abusing her resulting in no trial because lack of evidence. Dude, where's your car.

another thing. some women love bad boys..but when they get what bad boys do done to them. Now they want justice and a soapbox to stand on. Can't fix stupid.

One thing that made no sense to me was that Driscoll said she did not want to charge Kurt with anything. She just wanted him to get help because she's such an altruistic person. Anyway, he is getting help, so I am very surprised that she and her lawyer are so upset at today's finding/decision.
She's a class A liar and manipulator.

Back
Top Bottom