Kyle Busch apologies

Just sensitivity training folks, not like he’s getting suspended for life.

Pretty sure the same thing happened to Deegan.

Yep. Sensitivity training is fine with me for this. But you have a lot of people calling for his job.

I think Deegan's case is worse because she's younger, and Gen-Z KNOWS that word is a slur. But Deegan also laughed about COVID, called it a hoax, and complained about how wildfires that were killing people ruined her windshield. **** her.

Yep. Sensitivity training is fine with me for this. But you have a lot of people calling for his job.

I think Deegan's case is worse because she's younger, and Gen-Z KNOWS that word is a slur. But Deegan also laughed about COVID, called it a hoax, and complained about how wildfires that were killing people ruined her windshield. **** her.
It's all context but some people (not myself) could have just taken your statement as derogatory to an entire generation. People get offended too easily these days.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

My Dad and I have had spats, however we come to our senses and we talk it out.

It's something my Dad had to learn, as an adult, to know that as similar as we are... We are different in a sense, especially as me being an adult.

Now in days, we all have to adapt no matter the age. Never been a fan of being called the r-word and have had to correct some people on the use of it. Either adapt or get left behind.

It's all context but some people (not myself) could have just taken your statement as derogatory to an entire generation. People get offended too easily these days.

Because some people don't think.

Hailie Deegan's generation is the one writing the rules on what's okay to say and having millennials and Gen-X people "canceled" because "this is no longer okay." Some people get canceled for stuff they said or did 10, 20, 30 years ago because it's suddenly taboo now. Yet, some of the same people crucifying Kyle Busch on social media gave Hailie the pass.

The other part that made Hailie's deal worse than Kyle's deal is her previous statements about COVID and the California wildfires.

FWIW, I'm glad this word is no longer okay to say. It really never should have been. And it is a good thing that older people, like Kyle Busch, are being given the opportunity to learn why this is no longer okay so they can be better.

Hailie Deegan's generation is the one writing the rules on what's okay to say and having millennials and Gen-X people "canceled" because "this is no longer okay." Some people get canceled for stuff they said or did 10, 20, 30 years ago because it's suddenly taboo now. Yet, some of the same people crucifying Kyle Busch on social media gave Hailie the pass.

The other part that made Hailie's deal worse than Kyle's deal is her previous statements about COVID and the California wildfires.
Bro, Hallie had to go through the same training. She lost sponsorship from her family podcast as well after all of that non-sense.

She isn't untouchable, Andy. She has a lot more to lose than you realize and she's under just as close of a microscope as most other drivers.

It's ok in Kyle's world to use that word, but it isn't in Nascar's.

1635866052555.png

FWIW, I'm glad this word is no longer okay to say. It really never should have been. And it is a good thing that older people, like Kyle Busch, are being given the opportunity to learn why this is no longer okay so they can be better.
To me Kyle's was a lot worse. He said it in a interview on a national TV network following a major sporting event. He knew it would be broadcast publicly. Hallie said it while online gaming, that I don't think had any intention of being broadcast publicly. We've all said things in private (even though some of us won't admit it) that people would be upset about if we said them publicly.

And the fans who called for Kyle's head got mad about her being sentenced to sensitivity traihning.
Why are you so concerned about what others say?

Both had to go through the training, so we can't sit here and play who picks what. It's transparent and can apply to anyone. No one is safe from this, no matter how big or small someone is. You get caught, you go to jail and do not collect $200.

To me Kyle's was a lot worse. He said it in a interview on a national TV network following a major sporting event. He knew it would be broadcast publicly. Hallie said it while online gaming, that I don't think had any intention of being broadcast publicly. We've all said things in private (even though some of us won't admit it) that people would be upset about if we said them publicly.

Hailie's deal was part of a trend of insensitive comments.

You ever think some of them could, oh I don’t know… maybe be thinking since she had to do it, Kyle should also?
might be because he said it on National TV ya think? People who have disabilities are Nascar fans, and guess who just got thru insulting them.

You ever think some of them could, oh I don’t know… maybe be thinking since she had to do it, Kyle should also?

It was a given that Kyle was going to have to. I mean, why even try making Hailie a victim in this at all?

might be because he said it on National TV ya think? People who have disabilities are Nascar fans, and guess who just got thru insulting them.

YOu like to brag about how Hailie's got this massive social media following. She laughed about COVID and called it a hoax on that platform and made extremely insensitive comments on there about the California fires. If her social media is the most important thing to NASCAR and she deserves rides solely on that, then it's just as much up for scrutiny.

In your opinion, if he didn't mean it as a slur, how do you think he intended it?

Kyle was just being an a**hole. Heat of the moment. Dude was pissed, not going out there with the intent of insulting everyone with a mental disability.

If people are offended by that, they should hear some of the things that get said in the pits at their local short track. I think I have to apologize multiple times a night as the track announcer for comments drivers say over the mic.

It was a given that Kyle was going to have to. I mean, why even try making Hailie a victim in this at all?

YOu like to brag about how Hailie's got this massive social media following. She laughed about COVID and called it a hoax on that platform and made extremely insensitive comments on there about the California fires. If her social media is the most important thing to NASCAR and she deserves rides solely on that, then it's just as much up for scrutiny.
Bud, you are on the wrong thread

Tbh with nascar you never know lol. Kyle could’ve got away with it being a top driver. People aren’t making Hailie a victim. But you surely love to drag her name through the mud any chance you get lol

I refuse to believe the "wants Kyle Busch to lose his ride for saying r******* but got mad that Deegan got sentenced to sensitivity training for saying it" group is large or powerful enough to get worked up over 😂

Right? And what exactly is the metric for keeping track of these fans' takes? Are these patterns on record? Who is keeping score?

Some random mouth breather on Twitter that may or may not have this opinion certainly doesn't represent a significant portion of the fanbase.

Was there an apology? All I have read in his tweet is he wanted to apologize? If that’s it, truly indicated sincerity. 🙄

Tbh with nascar you never know lol. Kyle could’ve got away with it being a top driver. People aren’t making Hailie a victim. But you surely love to drag her name through the mud any chance you get lol

Kyle was never going to get away with it.

Man oh man, a lot of the world has become way too thin skinned, IMHO. Good Lord!
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If your a blue collar guy from Chi-town (raises hand) you get called much worse before morning coffee break & you feel cheated if body parts & functions are not included with the ?greeting? :)

Reactions: sdj
Imbecile, moron and idiot were once legitimate medical terms too. Is Nascar going to send drivers to sensitivity training if they call each other that after a race too?

Man oh man, a lot of the world has become way too thin skinned, IMHO. Good Lord!
Yes...because after this comes the offensive terms like "very foolish" and "stupid." Worse yet, we will never be able to call KDB immature again.

Bless her

Reactions: sdj
I must say the main reason I started rooting for Hailie is because you hate her so much.

Yeah me too...

"retarded" is the new g-a-y in that it's quickly falling out of appropriate vernacular because... because....? Stigma? I don't even know. Neither word had a negative connotation til the past decade or so.
Well that's not true. I'm 29 and it was a mean insult when I was like..10 lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As someone who works in mental health (as does my significant other), let me say this.

Kyle's use of the word wasn't derogatory. The context itself was not harmful. That's not the issue. I recognize that the word was once clinically acceptable. Here's the thing though, the DSM 5 is different than the 4, and the 6 will be different than the 5. Clinical terminology in the mental health community is contestantly changing and evolving with respect to societal impact.

Kyle's intent is not relevant here. He's being made an example. The reality is that a once clinical term has developed derogatory connotations over the years. It's developed into a slang adjective with both derrogatory and non derrogatory intent.

The issue here isn't about intent. The issue is the acceptance that an outdated clinical term, which has developed associations and meaning beyond it's origins, has become part of modern vocabulary, when it shouldn't.

Kyle isn't being punished for an implication, he's being punished as an example of a word being casually accessible that shouldn't be.

Should he lose his job? **** no. Should he be labeled as a bad person? Nope. Was his comment ignorant of the word, it's evolution and use? Sure. Yeah.

So, he's received a non monetary punishment, a non career or personality altering punishment, and is mandated to receive a brief education on it.

Punishment fits the crime.

And it's not a crime. Just an uneducated man who didn't know better, and now he does.

Believe that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Imbecile, moron and idiot were once legitimate medical terms too. Is Nascar going to send drivers to sensitivity training if they call each other that after a race too?
Probably a couple years away from that being a reality, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom