Kyle Busch to continue racing in NXS even after he scores 100 wins

Denny has been there a lot longer as well. How many championships did you say he has? Another thing to consider, how many won a championship driving for JGR? Besides Brad who has won a championship for Penske?
Logano :XXROFL: 🦵

I remember those days when Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin and others raced there all the time and really made it hard on the regular drivers. However they must have taught Brad real good because he is a cup champion while Carl and Denny are runners up at best.
Carl was better than Denny every was, imo. Also, had to deal with Johnson's crazy run in 08, and Stewart's historic run in 2011. His best Chase runs, 05, 08, 11 stack up, statistically, against any final 10 race run of any champion. In fact, according to the spread sheet and formula I created, those 3 runs are all in the top 10 chase performances of all time, only topped/equaled by 3 of Johnson's, Stewart's in 11, Gordon in 2007, and Truex in 2017.

Out of ALL drivers since 2004, not only are Carl's best runs championship calibur, and MILES better than non Champions, but they're better than more than half of champions' runs over the final 10 races.

Believe it or not, Carl's 3 best Chase's are better than Harvick's 3 best chases.

I'm happy to share this spreadsheet if people are interested.

Carl's not a champion, but he was a championship calibur talent, with bad luck, and is by the far the best driver to never win a title since 2005.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And again I ask who cares? Aside from some hard-core fans who like to think the lower series is better off with a bunch of no-names that most casual fans don't GAF about.
They are not too hard core if they can't enjoy the race with "no-names". I know of lots of those guys and gals and root just as hard for Cendric and I do Kez.

Having the superstars drop down every once in a while is fine but running for the title like Busch (and a couple others) did is kinda pathetic when you're a perennial winner in the Cup series. Then taking immense pride in a career of beating up the less talented is just sad.

wonder if some year Kyle would run truck series full time
Just to be the only person to win a championship in all three series

I think he will. It's a low hanging fruit, almost too easy not to cash in on.
1624293500568.png

Back
Top Bottom