Kyle Busch to RCR

TRD president gives update on TRD-built engine.
Well, you push the limits to the max in the motors and everything else. It's the only way to win in modern Nascar. Sometimes it bites ya in the butt. It's racing, that's how it goes.

It is the same as trying to be faster than the other guy on pit road... sometimes you pass that guy on pit road and control the restart and win the race... sometimes you get penalized for speeding.

I seem to recall @Revman saying recently that Toyota had a new engine spec. I'm not sure, could be wrong on that. If it's true, then obviously the improved engine output would carry some risk. There is no free lunch in engine development.

He “acts“ in a similar capacity to executives at the head of motor sports activities for GM and Ford.

As such, he’s a contributor to the success of his own organization and to the larger group.

IMO, He does talk alot and imo almost as much as an NFL Owner or NBA owner. I don’t hear Chevy’s or Ford’s Presidents talk as much as this fella. I find that part of it humorous, almost like when a Jerry Jones or Jim Irsay wax poetic about their teams, so yes I meant to ridicule in regards to that. I don’t find it necessary to care about his contributions or that it may have struck a chord with you. In fact I have to get back to baseball as my favorite team is trying to make the post season here, and it isn’t looking good

Well, you push the limits to the max in the motors and everything else. It's the only way to win in modern Nascar. Sometimes it bites ya in the butt. It's racing, that's how it goes.

It is the same as trying to be faster than the other guy on pit road... sometimes you pass that guy on pit road and control the restart and win the race... sometimes you get penalized for speeding.

I seem to recall @Revman saying recently that Toyota had a new engine spec. I'm not sure, could be wrong on that. If it's true, then obviously the improved engine output would carry some risk. There is no free lunch in engine development.
I just don’t see what’s wrong with him explaining what went wrong or how he threw Kyle under the bus. He was transparent that it was a TRD reliability issue. Good enough for me.

I seem to recall @Revman saying recently that Toyota had a new engine spec.
I think that was before Pocono....I'm sure that they have had another revision since, but I don't know when that was....but to your point, builders are always pushing...maybe more than ever given the spec-ness of the Next Gen. That is the place to find speed.

I guess it would be interesting to know if that was the 1st race on that engine or not?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

IMO, He does talk alot and imo almost as much as an NFL Owner or NBA owner. I don’t hear Chevy’s or Ford’s Presidents talk as much as this fella. I find that part of it humorous, almost like when a Jerry Jones or Jim Irsay wax poetic about their teams, so yes I meant to ridicule in regards to that. I don’t find it necessary to care about his contributions or that it may have struck a chord with you. In fact I have to get back to baseball as my favorite team is trying to make the post season here, and it isn’t looking good
Do you even know who the Chevy or Ford presidents are? Probably not before you Google....and do you understand that TRD is a builder....not just the writer of checks. Probably not before you Google. You should Google more I think. BTW....he hates to talk....a very quiet man who considers himself responsible. Probably wouldn't blend well here for sure.

Defend your boy.
You didn't address that to me, but here's my opinion of KDB in a Chevrolet...

Kyle Busch in a Toyota... No bueno.
Kyle Busch in a Chevy... No bueno.
Kyle Busch in a Ford... No bueno.
Kyle Busch in a Dodge... No bueno.
Kyle Busch in a Hyundai or Kia... No bueno.

Ya see the pattern?

Ya see the pattern?
My boy @StandOnIt doesn't see the pattern. All is good for the President Elect of Rowdy Nation.

Do you even know who the Chevy or Ford presidents are? Probably not before you Google....and do you understand that TRD is a builder....not just the writer of checks. Probably not before you Google. You should Google more I think. BTW....he hates to talk....a very quiet man who considers himself responsible. Probably wouldn't blend well here for sure.
I wouldnt care to know who the Chevy or Ford presidents are. That was my entire point. They're dont act like they own the Chevy and Ford teams like this dude does. I find the whole spiel annoying, when Larson signed with Hendrick you never heard from the Chevy CEO. Larson just resigned... who did we hear from.... JG and Rick. When Chase resigned with Hendrick, we heard from Rick. When RCR was going after Busch, you never heard anything. These are all recent examples I know but again I prefer to hear from the teams and their own Presidents rather than a suite, I find it more authentic. Hell, Keselowski just said he wants to build around Buescher, thats not Ford saying that thats Brad. I can google just fine, I just prefer not to give time of day to topics that annoy me.

Ya see the pattern?
I cheered for Kyle Busch regardless of when he drove for Toyota. I appreciate his talent. I was on the edge of my seat this past Saturday hoping for Chris Buescher to pull out that win, because it was an awesome story for Roush and Brad. Validation and I didnt care it was a Ford. While an HMS fan and to a lesser extent RCR, I do prefer GM but I cheer for guys regardless of Bowtie, Ford Oval or Toyota. I still cheer for Harvick and he left Chevy, I never stopped because he switched. I am more partial to a driver or team if I like them rather than who they drive for. But I guess thats just me.

I wouldnt care to know who the Chevy or Ford presidents are. That was my entire point. They're dont act like they own the Chevy and Ford teams like this dude does. I find the whole spiel annoying, when Larson signed with Hendrick you never heard from the Chevy CEO. Larson just resigned... who did we hear from.... JG and Rick. When Chase resigned with Hendrick, we heard from Rick. When RCR was going after Busch, you never heard anything. These are all recent examples I know but again I prefer to hear from the teams and their own Presidents rather than a suite, I find it more authentic. Hell, Keselowski just said he wants to build around Buescher, thats not Ford saying that thats Brad. I can google just fine, I just prefer not to give time of day to topics that annoy me.
My point being that the toyota effort is a thinly veiled total factory effort compared to individual team owners who have factory support. The factory OEM's (GM. Ford) aren't shot calling. Some people especially yota fans don't have a problem with a total factory effort. Nascar has for years has preferred team owners over out right factory teams who have a small number of cars competing in the series. :idunno:

My point being that the toyota effort is a thinly veiled total factory effort compared to individual team owners who have factory support. The factory OEM's (GM. Ford) aren't shot calling. Some people especially yota fans don't have a problem with a total factory effort. Nascar has for years has preferred team owners over out right factory teams who have a small number of cars competing in the series. :idunno:
This is exactly right. When Allenbaba offered his opinion that he'd prefer that GM and Ford had the same approach as Toyota, with full-boat factory teams and massive factory-funded driver development pipelines down to the grassroots level, but @Revman is dreaming in a hypothetical world that does not exist.

I agree it would be good for young hopeful would-be drivers if GM and Ford did that... but the fact is they don't and never have. It's not in their budgets, not in their mission statements. And would it really be better for the sport if GM and Ford each had four to six factory cars, and no others... Toyota style? No.

This is exactly right. When Allenbaba offered his opinion that he'd prefer that GM and Ford had the same approach as Toyota, with full-boat factory teams and massive factory-funded driver development pipelines down to the grassroots level, but @Revman is dreaming in a hypothetical world that does not exist.

I agree it would be good for young hopeful would-be drivers if GM and Ford did that... but the fact is they don't and never have. It's not in their budgets, not in their mission statements. And would it really be better for the sport if GM and Ford each had four to six factory cars, and no others... Toyota style? No.
This is how to post....

I respect @Allenbaba and I love reading his post. He is highly intelligent and brings a one of a kind insight. I am so glad that he is posting here and I only wished he posted more.

I enjoy reading your thoughts more than you realize and I enjoy your enthusiasm. I don't agree all the time or better said a lot of the time but that doesn't take away from my respect for you. I want to emphasize again I do enjoy your passion, I wish more people had the energy and were as enthusiastic about something in their lives. I hope you never lose it and I wouldnt care to post in an echo chamber. The synchronization would be absolutely boring.

But please try to relax and see the humor in what @LewTheShoe wrote. I don't see any bad or harmful intentions.
Being able to laugh at ourselves is a survival skill and it can be fun. I would have never made it through life without being able to laugh at myself a little. I could post a lot of my own personal attributes or quirks that people laugh about. I embrace it, it is who I am.

So people are going to have some with fun with yours too. That doesnt mean there is anything wrong with your passion. It is not just a internet thing it is also part of lives landscape. Take it as compliment people find you interesting.

I don't remember him ever leaving, but yeah, he's on fire alright
I thought he took a little break or maybe I didn’t see him on as much? I also might completely be misremembering because I haven’t been on as much myself.

Echoing my man @Greg's thoughts...@Revman, I appreciate you. As I've said before, though I may not share your intense single manufacturer fandom, it reminds me of my late father, which obviously brings a smile to my face. So, thanks.

Oh, and the Two-Man Power Trip shall reign forever and ever. Amen. Thanks.

kbrchandshake.jpg

Echoing my man @Greg's thoughts...@Revman, I appreciate you. As I've said before, though I may not share your intense single manufacturer fandom, it reminds me of my late father, which obviously brings a smile to my face. So, thanks.

Oh, and the Two-Man Power Trip shall reign forever and ever. Amen. Thanks.

View attachment 65182
poor RC his face looks permanently Botox'd

actually this is really cool and I hope it happens. I hope there's an Indy 500 field next year with Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch in it. Maybe one more surprise too, good on Kyle for attempting the race. It also got my gears turning, I wonder if Menards is going to sponsor some races next year for Kyle in Cup? I dont know if you all have seen it but there is a Menards commercial with Kyle in it that just started running maybe a few weeks ago. Caught my attention at first but I didnt think anything of it because the basis of the commercial was buy your M&M's at Mendards along with other Home Improvement needs.....now its got my attention again.

I keep seeing that TRD effectively has “factory teams” and I wonder how folks define that. JGR and 23XI seem largely dependent upon significant corporate sponsorships to fund their facing programs - FedEx, Mars, McDonald’s, Bass Pro Shops, Monster. Before Next Gen, JGR built chassis themselves. Factory-built engines are provided from Costa Mesa and TRD also provides engineering support from Salisbury - setup, simulation, etc. Ford and GM have similar engineering facilities of their own.

Toyota certainly have a large presence at the grassroots level and up through Trucks, where KBM is admittedly a heavily factory-funded program that runs many of TRD’s own development prospects, complete with Toyota B2B sponsorship. From there on, teams seem to have have much more autonomy - @Allenbaba has stated numerous times that JGR and TRD have gone toe-to-toe on a number of issues and JGR ultimately has final say, sometimes in opposition to TRD. Driver lineups ultimately are JGR decisions.

At most, TRD looks to be in a factory support/semi-factory role here, not a full-fledged factory program where they fund most - if not all - of the team and have complete unquestionable authority.

I respect @Allenbaba and I love reading his post. He is highly intelligent and brings a one of a kind insight. I am so glad that he is posting here and I only wished he posted more.

I enjoy reading your thoughts more than you realize and I enjoy your enthusiasm. I don't agree all the time or better said a lot of the time but that doesn't take away from my respect for you. I want to emphasize again I do enjoy your passion, I wish more people had the energy and were as enthusiastic about something in their lives. I hope you never lose it and I wouldnt care to post in an echo chamber. The synchronization would be absolutely boring.

But please try to relax and see the humor in what @LewTheShoe wrote. I don't see any bad or harmful intentions.
Being able to laugh at ourselves is a survival skill and it can be fun. I would have never made it through life without being able to laugh at myself a little. I could post a lot of my own personal attributes or quirks that people laugh about. I embrace it, it is who I am.

So people are going to have some with fun with yours too. That doesnt mean there is anything wrong with your passion. It is not just a internet thing it is also part of lives landscape. Take it as compliment people find you interesting.
Appreciate you saying that in the first paragraph. As for the rest...are you still talking to me? Or did I miss something else? Because I can assure you, as assured as anything I've ever assured, I don't take anything personally or seriously, including myself haha.

Back
Top Bottom