Kyle Busch to RCR

I keep seeing that TRD effectively has “factory teams” and I wonder how folks define that. JGR and 23XI seem largely dependent upon significant corporate sponsorships to fund their facing programs - FedEx, Mars, McDonald’s, Bass Pro Shops, Monster. Before Next Gen, JGR built chassis themselves. Factory-built engines are provided from Costa Mesa and TRD also provides engineering support from Salisbury - setup, simulation, etc. Ford and GM have similar engineering facilities of their own.

Toyota certainly have a large presence at the grassroots level and up through Trucks, where KBM is admittedly a heavily factory-funded program that runs many of TRD’s own development prospects, complete with Toyota B2B sponsorship. From there on, teams seem to have have much more autonomy - @Allenbaba has stated numerous times that JGR and TRD have gone toe-to-toe on a number of issues and JGR ultimately has final say, sometimes in opposition to TRD. Driver lineups ultimately are JGR decisions.

At most, TRD looks to be in a factory support/semi-factory role here, not a full-fledged factory program where they fund most - if not all - of the team and have complete unquestionable authority.
This is all correct. JGR and 23XI pretty much call their own shots. At least as much as any other team. That doesn't mean they don't listen to sponsors, or collaborate with them, but all teams do.

Appreciate you saying that in the first paragraph. As for the rest...are you still talking to me? Or did I miss something else? Because I can assure you, as assured as anything I've ever assured, I don't take anything personally or seriously, including myself haha.
No I was replying Revman begining on the 2nd paragraph.
Some previous post has been deleted including one of his that I was replying to so I understand the confusion.

I'm curious where Toyota's development program goes? Does JGR enter Trucks? 23XI?

TRD probably doesn't have a problem on the short track side though. They already do things with several teams in Late Model Stock Car and Super Late Model racing.
dont forget Kaylee Bryson

Not surprised, Childress worked with DE and won 6 championships, why not KDB?

Because Ironhead was a better driver.
I am not to sure of that. I would agree he was willing to try many things but other than Dega, I think Kyle, once his car is set to his liking could be his equal and I am saying this as a DE fan.

I am not to sure of that. I would agree he was willing to try many things but other than Dega, I think Kyle, once his car is set to his liking could be his equal and I am saying this as a DE fan.

Sure, they’re stats are similar. But Kyle did it better than anyone else at making his stats look good in the Nationwide & Truck Series.

If he can win a couple more championships/wins at 3-4 then maybe we’ll talk.

If Kyle runs 13 more years he'd be 50 years old. He'd need 2 wins per season to reach 76. 7 more years that's 4 wins per season. I don't think it's happening.

Also Dale had a lot of 5+ win seasons when they were running 28-32 races a season. That's really impressive and while the parity wasn't what it is today, still really good for the 80s and 90s when there was a number of really strong teams (unlike pre-1975 or so when you had a couple really good teams and a ton of not good teams).

Personally, I like to see Kyle go on a tear like when he started at JGR

8 wins in the first year and 39 wins over 10 years............put everyone in awe
But you would remember that the bitch then was that he went flat in the Playoffs....until Adam Stevens cam along. I do think it will be fascinating if he changes face on the car....his bitching while his teammates were winning got old.....probably not too much of an issue wit Lil' Sweet as a teammate.

I'm not a Kyle Bush fan, but RCR has some fast race cars, they've proven that, and I think Kyle will only help make them faster.
Kurt Bush improved every team he raced for, and I think Kyle will do the same at RCR.
IMO it will be very interesting to see how this one plays out. It may be the best way to compare the talent levels of Reddick and Kyle as they have essentially switched rides.

All that is different is the paint job. The XI bunch aren't building anything
Neither are the Gibbs teams.

They’re assembling parts manufactured elsewhere ... like everybody else. The difference is the teams that operate the cars at the track, which is something you know perfectly well.

Neither are the Gibbs teams.

They’re assembling parts manufactured elsewhere ... like everybody else. The difference is the teams that operate the cars at the track, which is something you know perfectly well.
I'm not sure they are assembling anything much less hanging the bodies.

KDB sounds refreshed with his new ride and team. I expect him to be competitive right away. Still won’t pull for him but might retire my “living room“ name for him if he stops acting like a complete donkey’s rear.
We will see. Who wouldn't put out that narrative? He has not been close to his teammates for some time....and passively puts out there that JGR gave up on him. Bell was better than him all year, but he smacks like it was a late season surge. Denny was a lot better, and Truex too. Whatever. Kyle's time was done at JGR when he pissed the best crew chief off that he ever had, and he left the 18. He tried to big ball Adam, and Adam wasn't having it. Stayed true to his guys. I like that a lot.

Auntie says the 45 is not the 18. Well she has a point but i think they are closer then people think. Redick isnt going to produce results like kyle did and i bet kyle does alot better in the 8

Hey @StandOnIt .....Count none other that Danny "Chocolate" Myers among the newest members of Rowdy Nation in addition to yourself....He just picked Kyle to win it all in 2023 on NASCAR Radio! You cannot make this **** up. I grossly underestimated the hatred for Toyota. All of a sudden, what should have gotten Kyle kicked out of the sport is now considered history and an inconvenience. Outstanding! Loving this! More full of **** than me.

Hey @StandOnIt .....Count none other that Danny "Chocolate" Myers among the newest members of Rowdy Nation in addition to yourself....He just picked Kyle to win it all in 2023 on NASCAR Radio! You cannot make this **** up. I grossly underestimated the hatred for Toyota. All of a sudden, what should have gotten Kyle kicked out of the sport is now considered history and an inconvenience. Outstanding! Loving this! More full of **** than me.
What are you referencing Rev? I get the bias towards Toyota thing, but you kinda lost me on the “should’ve gotten Kyle kicked out of the sport” part.

What are you referencing Rev? I get the bias towards Toyota thing, but you kinda lost me on the “should’ve gotten Kyle kicked out of the sport” part.
Hornaday.....Who isn't over it BTW.

Rev raging on SOI for changing his tune on Kyle, while also changing his tune on Kyle is peak trolling. This is why I still come here tbh.
Rome is nice this time of year.

Rev raging on SOI for changing his tune on Kyle, while also changing his tune on Kyle is peak trolling. This is why I still come here tbh.
It's hilarious. I thought there was supposed to be some Kyle fans on this forum. After all they have their own appreciation thread, but they don't post anything. It leads me to believe they were either rice burner fans or all in for preacher Joe. Funny as hell. Ol rev loses it every time I post one up.

It's hilarious. I thought there was supposed to be some Kyle fans on this forum. After all they have their own appreciation thread, but they don't post anything. It leads me to believe they were either rice burner fans or all in for preacher Joe. Funny as hell. Ol rev loses it every time I post one up.
WTF is the difference? Toyota or JGR fans as a requirement to root for Kyle v. you who doesn't start rooting for him until he leaves said OEM and team. You carry the torch now. Go for it. I will be here every time you post something cozy about KB to remind you that you have done NOTHING but **** talk him until he went to Poor Richard and Chevy. It is truly hilarious....and really shocking for me....Didn't think you would change your tune so easily and quickly, but man, it is fun. How many times has Kyle won in the last 4 years? You used to know.

WTF is the difference? Toyota or JGR fans as a requirement to root for Kyle v. you who doesn't start rooting for him until he leaves said OEM and team. You carry the torch now. Go for it. I will be here every time you post something cozy about KB to remind you that you have done NOTHING but **** talk him until he went to Poor Richard and Chevy. It is truly hilarious....and really shocking for me....Didn't think you would change your tune so easily and quickly, but man, it is fun. How many times has Kyle won in the last 4 years? You used to know.
I welcome your rants. You dropped him before he left the preacher if you remember. So much for your fandom..BTW I wasn't wondering about yourself but many others who have disappeared. Kyle will gain even more fans than he had regardless driving for Childress.

I welcome your rants. You dropped him before he left the preacher if you remember. So much for your fandom..BTW I wasn't wondering about yourself but many others who have disappeared. Kyle will gain even more fans than he had regardless driving for Childress.
As I do yours....and my ass on the Childress thing....How many wins again in four years? Everybody loves a winner, but if you ain't winning.....

As I do yours....and my ass on the Childress thing....How many wins again in four years? Everybody loves a winner, but if you ain't winning.....
RCR has 6 Championships driving Chevys. Remind me again how many JGR has?..hint they are tied with the Hudsons

Back
Top Bottom