Kyle Busch will NOT race in the Daytona 500

Guess my question is why should I care ? I drop a grand every year when NA$CAR comes to Cali. Its not like NA$CAR and the drivers don't make sh!t loads of cash! If it wasn't for the fans NA$CAR wouldn't exist. So the bottom line here is its the NA$CARS responsibility to care of the safety of the sport not the fans.

Wow! A G-Note for Cali. You must really love that track.

This is all on Nascar, the technology is there and has been for quite some time.
Drivers and fans universally have called for the soft walls.

Simple greed and quarterly profits just meant more.
Drivers and fans are just tools to serve the shareholders.

Exactly right, pack racing offers more promise of a spectacle than a great race. Do some of you look forward to the wrecks now since you seem convinced pack racing provides for safer wrecking?

I bet Steve O'Donnell and Joie Chitwood were glad Marty Smith didn't ask any questions at the press conference last night after his sermon on ESPN.

Didnt see the press conference, but I wonder if they are just the punching bags. As in not having the power to sign a check for the softer walls.

As someone else said Brian should have manned up last night and faced the press.

Brian is probably skipping to the bank because of this wreck. He knows that everyone likes to gawk at a trainwreck. Brian hopes for increased viewer ratings after the media blasts footage of a 20 car pile-up all over the news.

Ehhhhh Dale Jr's initial concussion happened at a tire test at Kansas, the Talladega accident only made things worse.

If you look at history, pack racing just isn't that dangerous. A spike in injuries doesn't bear out that it is that dangerous, freak spikes often occur in anything. When I think about dangerous racing conditions, I think about Denny's injury last year, Dale Jr's concussion at California in 2002, Sterling Marlin's neck injury at Kansas later that year, Steve Park's freak accident at Darlington in 2001, Blaise Alexander and Eric Martin's deaths at Charlotte in ARCA in 2001 and 2003 respectively and Elliott Sadler's horrific crash at Pocono a couple of years back that could've been MUCH worse if not for safety improvements at the track.

Racing is dangerous. NASCAR needs to install SAFER everywhere to make it less so. For the amount of major accidents at plate tracks though, there are remarkably few injuries. Let's not take focus away from NASCAR's duty here.
Any form of racing where cars average 200 MPH in race pace and one second blankets 1st through 25th or 30th is inherently dangerous.

All of those injuries minus Hamlin's and Sadler's were well over a decade ago in a car two generations old and before the dawn of the track safety revolution. Sadler even managed to escape with only scrapes and soreness. The aforementioned plate incidents have all put a driver out for at least a few weeks.

Any form of racing where cars average 200 MPH in race pace and one second blankets 1st through 25th or 30th is inherently dangerous.

All of those injuries minus Hamlin's and Sadler's were well over a decade ago in a car two generations old and before the dawn of the track safety revolution. Sadler even managed to escape with only scrapes and soreness. The aforementioned plate incidents have all put a driver out for at least a few weeks.

The weird thing is that fewer plate injuries happened in a "less safe" car.

Plate racing is a fun spectacle but it's not good racing. I'm not standing up for plate racing, I'm just saying that we're assigning blame to the wrong thing.

Samantha Busch‏@SamanthaBusch 1m1 minute ago
Getting ready to watch the Daytona 500! Cheering on our 18 boys!
1f3c1.png

Busches.jpg

I'm already missing our greatest "villain" of the field.

Love me some KyBu and watching him already and the field will miss him greatly if he is out an extended period of time.

Plate racing may have caused the accident, but lack of SAFER walls resulted in Kyle Busch's injuries. Let's be real here, plate racing is not going anywhere. We can complain all we want, the drivers can complain but at the end of the day the plate races pull ratings and the suits in charge love it.

Plate racing is dangerous. It's results in big wrecks, mangled race cars and sometimes driver injuries. However, plate racing has been around for 30 years. We used to not have the safety technology to keep up with the danger. Now we do. NASCAR just doesn't want to spend the money. THIS is the issue.

NASCAR doesn't care about anyone of anything but the almighty dollar, and making millions hand over fist. There is no excuse. None. There should be safer walls everywhere. At every track. ESPECIALLY Daytona. The very track where the possibly the most important driver in NASCAR history lost his life. It's been 15 years since Dale Sr. passed and yet we STILL have concrete walls at Daytona?? Are you kidding me? It's bull****.

Plate racing caused the accident, yes. However, if proper walls and safety technology where put in place, Kyle Busch would likely be racing today. Not in a hospital bed.

Both of them look like they have been thru it and they have. Get some rest and get the hell out of the hospital ASAP you can get really sick in that place.

What have you done with the real "StandOnit" ? If you are expecting someone to pay a ransom dont hold your breath, just let him go in a week or two ;)

So now that we know he is going to be okay can we discuss the prevalent issue of full time NASCAR drivers driving in the minor leagues?

When will it stop? If ever.
Will sponsors start putting restrictions into contracts?
What about team owners?
It can't be worth it. It really can't.

I'm not a fan of someone who does it and I' also not a fan of a particular Nationwide driver so I don't have a personal bias, but this stuff just makes absolutely no sense.

What have you done with the real "StandOnit" ? If you are expecting someone to pay a ransom dont hold your breath, just let him go in a week or two ;)
Out patient, if the legs are in a cast, go home and let Samantha take care of ya.

I honestly could give two shiits about the Daytona 500 tomorrow. I'm so disgusted with NASCAR. It takes drivers getting killed and injured in order to do the right things to promote safety. We lost Dale Earnhardt almost 15 years ago because of neglect for safety. Now Kyle Busch will be lucky to walk properly again because a decade and a half later, we STILL have concrete walls at Daytona. A place where cars wreck consistently at 200 mph.

Marty Smith said everything that needs to be said. Nobody gives a flying rats diick about million dollar track upgrades, sponsors, corporations or any of the like. They are fans because of the DRIVERS who risk it all for glory.

It's long past time for NASCAR to put down the caviar and champagne and get their heads out of their azz to protect these men and women behind the wheel. No more gimmicky qualifying changes and manufactured BS to cause more crashes and mangled up race cars. SAFER barriers everywhere. No excuses. Or at the very least tires or Armco barriers.
I agree with everything you said except the part about Armco barriers. Those are even more dangerous than a concrete wall. If hit at the right angle an armco barrier can pierce the car and seriously injure the driver, like what happened to Robert Kubica in a rally race a few years ago.

I agree with everything you said except the part about Armco barriers. Those are even more dangerous than a concrete wall. If hit at the right angle an armco barrier can pierce the car and seriously injure the driver, like what happened to Robert Kubica in a rally race a few years ago.

plus one +

Exactly right, pack racing offers more promise of a spectacle than a great race. Do some of you look forward to the wrecks now since you seem convinced pack racing provides for safer wrecking?

I think many people like the wrecks but you will never get them to admit it. I hate the wrecks as equipment gets destroyed, it adds no value to the race and it makes the series look like it is run by hillbillies.

So , I have yet to hear the alternative to superspeedway racing . Is it to close the two of them down and move those races to shorter tracks?

As I've said before, not a fan of Kyle... but I'd never kick a guy who's down. I'd much rather be hollerin' "WTF" (lol) at him as he's racin', than seeing him laid up with a preventable injury.

Get well quick Kyle, I never realized how much NASCAR needs a "black hat" on the track...

Absolutely awful news. Nascar has always been a reactive organization when they should be a proactive one when it comes to safety. It's bull****.

As I've said before, not a fan of Kyle... but I'd never kick a guy who's down. I'd much rather be hollerin' "WTF" (lol) at him as he's racin', than seeing him laid up with a preventable injury.

Get well quick Kyle, I never realized how much NASCAR needs a "black hat" on the track...

I'd rather see him take the time to be 100% when he comes back. Won't be the same rooting against Kyle if he's not a contender.

This 5-6 month Kyle Busch hiatus is seriously going to throw a monkey wrench into him surpassing the King's 200 NASCAR wins.

Back
Top Bottom