Kyle Larson Appreciation Thread

Larson won 3 major dirt races in almost as many days recently. They have the dirt car dialed in it looks like. He has to be a favorite to win the Knoxville Nationals a second time in a row.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think maybe there is a small chance that Kyle Larson enjoys racing. Heck he may as well build some slot cars so he can race at one of the great slot car tracks not far from where he lives, during the week. He might like that idea, but his wife may not. :D

And he's led all 50 laps for the 2nd year in a row. That team has really been struggling this year, but looks like they finally got the car dialed in. I think that is 4 wins in a row now in the last couple weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Kyle is still coming to Richmond, right?
Absolutely...and in style. :punkrocke
1723400881463.png

Wowza. Two fellas at the height of their powers
I think Larson would adjust faster to an F1 car than Max would adjust to a Cup car.

Kyle Larson basically said he’s a better oval driver than Max and Max is a better open wheel/twisties driver. Nothing ground breaking but I’m sure all of the F1 “fans” are upset about it.
I believe he said he might not be as good in an open wheel indy car OR F-1 car, but I believe he left every thing else open twisties included. Larson is pretty damn good on a road course. Rolex 24 title.

Sounds to me like Mr. Larson is doing promo for a high dollar well funded big payout match racing event in the future. My guess is Max is in on the deal already. IE: They have talked. JMHO

Max and Kyle both probably enjoy the racing they do for fun more than they do for their primary income. They’d probably get along quite well if their paths ever crossed, but they work in two completely different realms and probably never will quite get the chance to compete. Whichever you think is better is probably more dependent upon which world your primary fandom is in.

Reactions: sdj
Max and Kyle both probably enjoy the racing they do for fun more than they do for their primary income. They’d probably get along quite well if their paths ever crossed, but they work in two completely different realms and probably never will quite get the chance to compete. Whichever you think is better is probably more dependent upon which world your primary fandom is in.
Hmm, let's take a look shall we?
Max Verstappen. Kyle Larson.

1723994013876.png

1723993833119.png

It’s been so funny to see F1 elitists have a meltdown over what Kyle said. I believe he’s 100% right too.

When Max has the best car and qualifies P1, yeah, he wins. Might as well call him the king of time trials. Larson would run circles around him in any other racing discipline

Hmm, let's take a look shall we?
Max Verstappen. Kyle Larson.

View attachment 79877
View attachment 79876
What I see is that Kyle Larson is the best oval racing driver on the planet and Verstappen is the best driver in the world’s preeminent road racing series. The Venn diagram of what they do is two totally separate circles. You could pit them together in a bunch of different hypotheticals in all sorts of equipment in between, but there’s no definitive answer and never will be.

What I see is that Kyle Larson is the best oval racing driver on the planet and Verstappen is the best driver in the world’s preeminent road racing series. The Venn diagram of what they do is two totally separate circles. You could pit them together in a bunch of different hypotheticals in all sorts of equipment in between, but there’s no definitive answer and never will be.
Ask Lewis Hamilton and Lando Norris how good Max is at wheel to wheel racing.

When Max has the best car and qualifies P1, yeah, he wins. Might as well call him the king of time trials. Larson would run circles around him in any other racing discipline
Verstappen won ten races by age 23 in a period where Red Bull had either the second- or, more frequently, third-quickest car. In a sport where the equipment means so much you could actually draw a lot of parallels between 2014-2019 Larson and 2016-2020 Verstappen.

Ask Lewis Hamilton and Lando Norris how good Max is at wheel to wheel racing.
Norris threw the biggest divebomb in that entire battle and only got away with it because Verstappen took evasive action, and somehow ended shouldering none of the criticism. Yeah, he’s incredibly aggressive and occasionally blurs the lines between that and reckless/dirty. But we’re comparing him to Kyle Larson here, not Martin Truex Jr. or Mark Martin. Their aggression and will to win is at least half the reason why we watch and are entertained by them. For every time they’ve screwed up there are at least three or four other instances in which they’ve shown their brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom