Kyle Larson Appreciation Thread

He has already won NASCAR championships, Chil Bowls, World of Outlaws, High Limits, and other series races which I really enjoyed...but winning the Indy 500 would be the absolute most awesome thing he would have accomplished in his racing career as far as I'm concerned. Others may feel different about that but that is ok. To each their own. :)
I think when he retires, he would have a hard time picking his greatest race victory. He could possibly win LeMans. Hendrick already has his toe in the water.

He has already won NASCAR championships, Chil Bowls, World of Outlaws, High Limits, and other series races which I really enjoyed...but winning the Indy 500 would be the absolute most awesome thing he would have accomplished in his racing career as far as I'm concerned. Others may feel different about that but that is ok. To each their own. :)
He’s the AJ Foyt of the modern era.

I think when he retires, he would have a hard time picking his greatest race victory. He could possibly win LeMans. Hendrick already has his toe in the water.
I believe he said earlier this year he won’t do Le Mans until his NASCAR career is over.

The people that are into Kyle Larson aren't into Kyle Larson solely because he races on Sunday in the Cup series. The people who are into Kyle Larson are into Kyle Larson because of what he does Monday-Saturday before he steps foot in a Cup car. The only thing that makes sense to me when I see that sentiment put out there as it was in May is that people who are primarily/only NASCAR fans fundamentally don't have that sort of relationship with the sport of auto racing as a whole. And that makes sense, and it is fine, and no one is wrong for feeling that way. What is wrong is when people try to claim being something they are not or state that everyone is just like them when neither is true.

Yes! I am not aware of any true NASCAR driver winning the Indy 500. If that happens (and even if it doesn't) I would argue he is the greatest driver of all time.

LOL who are these fans of Kyle Larson that only watch him in NASCAR?
I try to watch him in his Hight Limit when I can but there’s only so many hours in a week. I wish I had more time to truly explore the world of dirt

The people that are into Kyle Larson aren't into Kyle Larson solely because he races on Sunday in the Cup series. The people who are into Kyle Larson are into Kyle Larson because of what he does Monday-Saturday before he steps foot in a Cup car. The only thing that makes sense to me when I see that sentiment put out there as it was in May is that people who are primarily/only NASCAR fans fundamentally don't have that sort of relationship with the sport of auto racing as a whole. And that makes sense, and it is fine, and no one is wrong for feeling that way. What is wrong is when people try to claim being something they are not or state that everyone is just like them when neither is true.
Ya can't say that wholly. There are Nascar fans only that have become fans of Larson. They don't pay **** for who was a fan first.

Ya can't say that wholly. There are Nascar fans only that have become fans of Larson. They don't pay **** for who was a fan first.
Then they're NASCAR fans before Larson fans. Which is fine. I'm not telling anyone that they can't like Larson or like NASCAR more than anything else about motor sports.

Then they're NASCAR fans before Larson fans. Which is fine. I'm not telling anyone that they can't like Larson or like NASCAR more than anything else about motor sports.
Like so what. A fan is a fan. They all count one, they don't get special dates for longevity.

Like so what. A fan is a fan. They all count one, they don't get special dates for longevity.
If you're a fan of NASCAR first and Kyle Larson second, you aren't a fan of the same thing as the guy who is a fan of Kyle Larson first. That's not an opinion. And if there's someone out there who only watches NASCAR and their favorite driver is Kyle Larson and they're mad that Kyle Larson races other things, then that person is a fool. Not really any nice way to say that.

If you're a fan of NASCAR first and Kyle Larson second, you aren't a fan of the same thing as the guy who is a fan of Kyle Larson first. That's not an opinion. And if there's someone out there who only watches NASCAR and their favorite driver is Kyle Larson and they're mad that Kyle Larson races other things, then that person is a fool. Not really any nice way to say that.
That is your opinion. There are those fans and they have good reasons to think that way.

That is your opinion. There are those fans and they have good reasons to think that way.
No, they don't have good reasons to think that way. Any "Kyle Larson Fan" who doesn't want Kyle Larson to race the things he wants to race is an entitled man baby. You can quote me on that.

No, they don't have good reasons to think that way. Any "Kyle Larson Fan" who doesn't want Kyle Larson to race the things he wants to race is an entitled man baby. You can quote me on that.

So if somebody's opinion on the subject is different than yours they are an entitled man baby. Maybe you should look in the mirror.

So if somebody's opinion on the subject is different than yours they are an entitled man baby. Maybe you should look in the mirror.
My opinion is that Kyle Larson should be able to do what he wants with his own career, just like I have that opinion of anyone. If you think you should get to pick what any grown adult does with their life, that does in fact make you an entitled man baby.

My opinion is that Kyle Larson should be able to do what he wants with his own career, just like I have that opinion of anyone. If you think you should get to pick what any grown adult does with their life, that does in fact make you an entitled man baby.
But his fans have to like him a certain way. It's nonsense.

I had no problem with him trying to do the double, just like I have no problem with his dirt racing. What I didn't care for was him not prioritizing NASCAR which is his full time job. When the 500 didn't finish on time my opinion is that he should have gotten on a plane to Charlotte. I don't see how that makes me an entitled man baby. It's an opinion. I am still a Larson fan and I didn't lose any sleep over it. I don't get to pick what he does with his life but I don't have to agree with it either. You seem to think you know better than anyone that doesn't agree with you which seems to be a baby to me.

But his fans have to like him a certain way. It's nonsense.
It's not nonsense. Why would you be a fan of someone whose values about what and how they race are in complete opposition to your own? Doesn't make any sense.

What I didn't care for was him not prioritizing NASCAR which is his full time job.
Let's be honest: you aren't upset at him not prioritizing NASCAR because you are an incredibly staunch ethicist. You're upset at him prioritizing NASCAR because you are a fan of NASCAR first, and him second as a component of NASCAR. But not really Kyle Larson. Because then you wouldn't even just "not care" that he does the other stuff.

I had no problem with him trying to do the double, just like I have no problem with his dirt racing. What I didn't care for was him not prioritizing NASCAR which is his full time job. When the 500 didn't finish on time my opinion is that he should have gotten on a plane to Charlotte. I don't see how that makes me an entitled man baby. It's an opinion. I am still a Larson fan and I didn't lose any sleep over it. I don't get to pick what he does with his life but I don't have to agree with it either. You seem to think you know better than anyone that doesn't agree with you which seems to be a baby to me.
NASCAR is not his employer, Rick Hendrick is, and Jeff Gordon is next in charge after Rick Hendrick, and they both made the decision that they wanted Kyle Larson to stay and finish the Indy 500 race. I doubt many drivers would go against their wishes. I sure I wouldn't. HMS spent a lot of money for Indy, and they would have been insane to pullout early.

NASCAR is not his employer, Rick Hendrick is, and Jeff Gordon is next in charge after Rick Hendrick, and they both made the decision that they wanted Kyle Larson to stay and finish the Indy 500 race. I doubt many drivers would go against their wishes. I sure I wouldn't. HMS spent a lot of money for Indy, and they would have been insane to pullout early.
Exactly. That's why it's silly to bring this up in this manner. The only reason to do that is because you're a fan of Kyle Larson In NASCAR which is a very different thing from being a fan of Kyle Larson.

Cut the B.S. It's nonsensical. Fans are perfectly free to be a fan of Larson any way the choose. You are nobody to them and vice versa.
If people want to be fans of Kyle Larson for reasons that are completely nonsensical based on who he is and what he does, they'll have to deal with being called entitled manbabies when they complain about him doing something (obviously in this instance I mean "prioritize something over NASCAR") they don't like.

This. Put the man babies to bed, closing time.

So many profound thoughts have opened my eyes and causeth a lot of self reflection for me to consider who I am.

Lawd help me! I hope I ain't no man-baby or hath a mangina along with all the new maintenance issues I need to start worrying about....

So many profound thoughts have opened my eyes and causeth a lot of self reflection for me to consider who I am.

Lawd help me! I hope I ain't no man-baby or hath a mangina along with all the new maintenance issues I need to start worrying about....
I haven’t heard the insult “man baby” in a long time. I had to ask myself some hard questions to make sure I wasn’t becoming one

^ There is a lot of technique and proper form involved with being a Larson fan.

^ There is a lot of technique and proper form involved with being a Larson fan.
Just have to like the guy for who he is instead of getting mad about what he is not. Apparently this is a wild concept?

popcorn.png

I don't think this applies to everyone. I was a Carl Edwards fan who became a Jimmie Johnson fan after Edwards left. I chose to support Larson because he became the driver of Jimmie's old team, and I was interested in what Cliff Daniels could do for that race team.

I respect the hell out of what Larson does Monday - Saturday of course, but it had no impact on why I became a fan.

There's no rules for fandom. Period.
There being "no rules for fandom" doesn't make fans any less entitled when they engage in complaining about the object of their fandom's interest in things they as fans don't care for. I get it, no one wants to be called entitled for having an opinion like "Kyle Larson should only race in NASCAR, the series I exclusively watch and became familiar with him racing in." Too bad! You are in fact acting in an entitled fashion!

There being "no rules for fandom" doesn't make fans any less entitled when they engage in complaining about the object of their fandom's interest in things they as fans don't care for. I get it, no one wants to be called entitled for having an opinion like "Kyle Larson should only race in NASCAR, the series I exclusively watch and became familiar with him racing in." Too bad! You are in fact acting in an entitled fashion!
Bud I went three pages with a poster here arguing about his disdain because Larson raced other events besides Nascar. I had a ball. There are a couple here that way. I think both of them are rice burner fans, that might have something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom