Kyle Larson Appreciation Thread

The thing that’s truly scary about Larson is how good he is at road courses now. He’s basically a lock to win 5 a year with Hendrick at least

The thing that’s truly scary about Larson is how good he is at road courses now. He’s basically a lock to win 5 a year with Hendrick at least
I took the liberty of repairing that for you.

I hope you don’t mind.

Put it on them at Texas :punkrocke
1634512248744.png

Reactions: sdj
Yeah, if he can pull this title off, this is probably the 2nd best, or maybe even THE best season since 98 Gordon.

The max top 5/top 10 count he can score is 21/27. And a title would make this at least a 9 win season. 9/21/27 looks a lot like Edwards' 08 season. Difference is that Carl didn't win it all, and Larson has lead more laps than anyone the last 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, if he can pull this title off, this is probably the 2nd best, or maybe even THE best season since 98 Gordon.

The max top 5/top 10 count he can score is 21/27. And a title would make this at least a 9 win season. 9/21/27 looks a lot like Edwards' 08 season. Difference is that Carl didn't win it all, and Larson has lead more laps than anyone the last 20 years.

I don’t care for Harvick but Harvick and Busch had some really good seasons. Lol

I don’t care for Harvick but Harvick and Busch had some really good seasons. Lol
8/22/28. 1469 laps lead for KB. His best. 2018.

Harvick the same year. 8/23/29 1990 laps lead.

Larson could be looking at a 9/21/27 2400+ laps lead season.

Though I think these seasons are results of the gen 6. Considering we see these numbers each year now, but only saw it twice from 1999-2013.

But I digress. Larson is having a career season, and may never run this well again. Needs to capitalize.

Larson deserves a lot of credit. But I think Cliff Daniels leadership and coaching of Kyle has been understated. I gave this guy a hard time for a while, but he's gotta be one of the smartest guys in the garage area.

Also unrelated, but how many CC's have a college degree?

Larson deserves a lot of credit. But I think Cliff Daniels leadership and coaching of Kyle has been understated. I gave this guy a hard time for a while, but he's gotta be one of the smartest guys in the garage area.

Also unrelated, but how many CC's have a college degree?

Listening to Cliff and Kyle on the radio, the chemistry is great. Cliff is a fantastic coach and could keep anybody calm in any situation. Kyle gives great feedback on the radio about the car. A lethal combo for sure.

I am going to agree here. He had been fast in qualifying at Sonoma for a couple of years, and he has figured out how to keep the car under him now.

I didn't think anybody could do any good after watching Elliott dominate on the road courses . Elliott still won 2 road courses this year, so between the two of them it has been lights out.

Cliff is like an academic version of Chad, without the arrogance.

Honestly, I don't know if there's a CC who instills a better sense of confidence than Cliff.

If he were to tell me that Im living in the matrix, I think I'd believe him

Honestly, I don't know if there's a CC who instills a better sense of confidence than Cliff.

That made me laugh. :laugh:

Where the hell was this last year?

Where the hell was this last year?
His leadership, tone etc was there, he just struggled to adjust a car late into the race, and we saw this early this year as well.

JJ was over the hill, Cliff was new. I think Cliff grew this year as a CC.

But if I wasn't clear, my point was moreso about his personality than anything else.

His leadership, tone etc was there, he just struggled to adjust a car late into the race, and we saw this early this year as well.

JJ was over the hill, Cliff was new. I think Cliff grew this year as a CC.

But if I wasn't clear, my point was moreso about his personality than anything else.

Honestly....I think Kyle Larson in a car with an advantage happened more than anything else.

Larson had longevity at a road course on Sunday. Daniels has it going on. The Cup goes through the 5.

I am talking performance...and eventually the points and everything will sort itself out. Kyle Larson has been under appreciated for how good he as been. Denny and Kyle heads up....It's not that close IMO.

Larson is faster than Hamlin. He only needs to be consistent enough to find his way to Phoenix. I think he is there.

As always, appreciate your perspective. The thing that is impressive to me is that he isn't fazed by not closing out races. This isn't in his head. I wish it was. Tonight will be telling on both the performance side, and obviously, the closing out races side because this race requires staying up with the track. Larson's starting position could either mean that he is carrying the necessary downforce to negotiate traffic and he is mega fast, or he was trimmed out, and he will fall off. If it is the former, we could be looking at a Truex-esque blow out.

This season is testimony to the fact that performance cannot simply be measured in wins and points. Larson has been the best by far IMO. If I was a Larson fan, I would be very happy right now. He will only get better. I never say **** like this, but I am not wondering if he can win a championship with Hendrick, I am starting to think how many....

Yes. I don't buy the "he's used to shorter races" crap. Not for a second. I also don't think he has a race craft issue. He knows what the hell he is doing.

Want to give @Revman a shout out here. For all the crap people give him, and all the opinions people have dismissed by him, he called this shot WAY before anyone else. Way before Larson even won his second race of the season. Way before we learned he can close out races. Way before his weaknesses in the 42 were no longer present..Rev dismissed them and more or less called the end of the season.

Just giving credit where it's due.

TBH even though he was driving for Hendrick, it seems particularly fitting to me that he won his first one in Chip Ganassi's final race.

Back
Top Bottom