Kyle larson is robby gordon 2.0

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by kyle busch 18, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Revman

Revman I'm just here so I don't get fined.

The lack of responses the Coach hate contrasted by the outrage cause by my sarcasm is telling in the context of bias.

2. Revman

Well, Matt went home to Jack, and was then jettisoned again....strangely, you never bring this up.

3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

We just love Matt.
    Gibbs deflected questions about whether Jones was an option.

“We love Erik; Toyota loves Erik,” he said. “Right now our situation is we need to wind up with exactly what we’re doing and come out and tell everybody as soon as we do.”

At a sponsorship announcement in late April when Kenseth laughed off rumors he was retiring, Gibbs said that having Kenseth return next year is “certainly what we hope. That’s what we’re working toward. …

Ventisca likes this.
  4. Revman

Yet, I have never heard anything from Matt on this. I guess we file that with Barney under all of these class acts in NASCAR that have had to deal with the owner nobody ever says anything bad about except several board members here. Comical..... Back to my post....Why didn't Jack keep him, or why didn't he stay? You pick.

5. Revman

Think Chip is in the last year of his Chevy deal.....Could be interesting.....

6. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Chip is in no position to be the #1 team for any new manufacture entering the sport. His only option would to go Ford. It would be hilarious if he became a satellite of Penske.

7. Revman

:biggrin:

8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

9. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Larson coming back from a hell of a wreck at Talladega and finishing 3rd at Dover the next week, moved up 6 spots and is on the plus side of the cut off line..and crickets? :D

Johali, Kiante and acmerocket like this.
  11. MRM

MRM Team Owner

Part of Larson's problem is his crew chief.

12. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

Good for him but this is literally the first race he's outperformed his teammate

13. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

Dodge. Dodge is coming back and CGR is going to be the factory team. The 42 Dodge Dealers Charger driven by Kyle Larson. Thats it.....

Turtle84 and Kiante like this.
  14. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Outside of Pheonix, either one car looks great or the other. Larson needed the finish for his confidence, he looked good all day as well. Kurt I think never got a handle on the car during the weekend, it happens to em all.

Let's see if he can string some good finishes together.

Turtle84 likes this.
  15. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

In all seriousness, I hope Kyle gets his luck turned around. CGR is a good team, Kurt is evidence of that. The leaderboard is more fun when Kyle is in the top 3 running that high line running down the leaders.

16. kyle busch 18

kyle busch 18 1ST PLACE!

A question for you all. Was robby gordon ever hyped up in the beginning like larson? Was robby expected to win and be some super talented driver like they say about larson?

17. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

As I recall, there were a large number of stone tablets singing his praises.

StandOnIt likes this.
  18. kyle busch 18

kyle busch 18 1ST PLACE!

Auntie what do u mean stone tablets. Robby wasnt racing very long ago

Grand42 likes this.
  19. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Moore's law is the observation that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit doubles about every two years.

In other words Robby Gordon was a long time ago.

Ventisca likes this.
  20. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

"Crickets"

21. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Greg and Ventisca like this.
  22. Greg

Mike Crayne and StandOnIt like this.
  23. kyle busch 18

kyle busch 18 1ST PLACE!

Did robby gordon crash as much as kyle larson?

Larsons team mate kurt busch runs up front and wins races. So what is kyles excuse

24. Revman

Larson needs to come back to Toyota where he is loved.

25. tclarson

tclarson Crew Chief

He won the All Star race this year. One of his problems is that he is way to nice on the track and gets used up by other drivers. Bowman should have been in the wall yesterday.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  26. kyle busch 18

kyle busch 18 1ST PLACE!

Revman how would toyota help, i mean kurt busch is running circles around larson in the same car

27. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Ok lets not get carried away. Kurt Busch has won A RACE, not races, in the same equipment.

He is running far better lately.

SlicedBread22 and Revman like this.
  28. Zerkfitting

Zerkfitting Team Owner

Larson has shown he can run fast. He hasn't learned how the edge of control changes during a race. Drivers tend to wreck cars during their sophomore year and Larson continues to make unforced errors. Is this his 3rd year? Hopefully he'll pick up on Kurt's experience.

29. tclarson

tclarson Crew Chief

Even to say Kurt has been running far better lately is a stretch.

Kurt’s last 5 finishes : 13,13,10,1,18

Kyles last 5 finished : 10, 2, 20, 4, 33

30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

BTW, he's signed up for next year. He's fun to watch

Kiante, machinistman3 and DUN24 like this.
  31. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Larson and KuBu are closer than the standings let on. Larson has made some silly errors, but has also been in a few "wrong place, wrong time" circumstances. More than likely, he will get that elusive points-paying victory before the regular season is over.

AuzGrams likes this.
  32. Revman

In honesty, a piece of my comment was tongue and cheek, but I do think that it would change things. First, he would be in better equipment. Second, he would be surrounded by a manufacturer who truly believes that he is the deal. David Wilson consistently references the Toyota Driver Development Program's existence because of the fact that Larson got away. To the point of the Driver Development Program.....that program also supports veteran drivers with everything from sim stuff to physical fitness to sports psychology. I think that they would give Kyle the guidance he needs (perhaps in union with Chip) to take him to the next level--IF, in fact, the next level lives within him. I would love to see it happen.

33. Revman

I agree. The hype machine is in full bloom over Kurt.

34. machinistman3

machinistman3 Team Owner

Larson knows how to drive, he is in the same boat as JJ this year. Everything that can go wrong has. This car doesn’t fit his style as well as the old one. He’ll figure it out.

Zerkfitting likes this.
  35. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Disagree. As I said earlier, it’s about using the car properly. You gotta be aggressive af in this package

36. Greg

I still think Larson is a great talent. He is young and has a ton of talent.

I believe he will be a cup champion and HOF driver before it is all over.

37. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

He's a hell of a lot more fun to watch than McMurray IMO. He'll go toe to toe with them. Doesn't seem scared of nothing and has improved immensely since he figured out there is more than one lane to race in. He's racing against mostly pavement racers from almost birth.

38. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Jaime Mac was fun as hell to watch, just that last season he was so off the pace it was quite shocking to see. Just it seemed like when the Gen-6 came along, it was not Jaime's cup of tea. He had some good seasons, but lets face it. His time had came and went, he knew that too.

CodeMan125, Joker and Team Penske like this.
  39. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Larson knows how to drive, he's won the all-star race this year but most seem to ignore that.

40. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

LarSon CaN'T dRivE

Last 8 Races:

2nd
    20th
    4th
    33rd
    5th
    8th
    3rd
    6th