Kyle larson is robby gordon 2.0

The lack of responses the Coach hate contrasted by the outrage cause by my sarcasm is telling in the context of bias.

We just love Matt.
Gibbs deflected questions about whether Jones was an option.

“We love Erik; Toyota loves Erik,” he said. “Right now our situation is we need to wind up with exactly what we’re doing and come out and tell everybody as soon as we do.”

At a sponsorship announcement in late April when Kenseth laughed off rumors he was retiring, Gibbs said that having Kenseth return next year is “certainly what we hope. That’s what we’re working toward. …

We just love Matt.
Gibbs deflected questions about whether Jones was an option.

“We love Erik; Toyota loves Erik,” he said. “Right now our situation is we need to wind up with exactly what we’re doing and come out and tell everybody as soon as we do.”

At a sponsorship announcement in late April when Kenseth laughed off rumors he was retiring, Gibbs said that having Kenseth return next year is “certainly what we hope. That’s what we’re working toward. …

Yet, I have never heard anything from Matt on this. I guess we file that with Barney under all of these class acts in NASCAR that have had to deal with the owner nobody ever says anything bad about except several board members here. Comical..... Back to my post....Why didn't Jack keep him, or why didn't he stay? You pick.

Ganassi supportive of Larson and Chevrolet despite struggles

“I’d like to tell you that it was his fault or mine. We have had our moments when it’s been the team’s fault or his but it’s a snowball thing – once some little thing happens it’s often times out of everyone’s control. It’s just unfortunate.

“He has my full support, he has the team’s full support, and he knows that there’s nothing that we the team want more than to put a weekend together. And it’ll be coming soon, I’m confident of that.”

About the Chevy's:
“I think it’s not only a rules issue, but some teams have had trouble adapting to the rules, adapting to some of the new ways NASCAR is doing things. And I think Chevrolet is caught up in a little bit of that.

“It’s so, so, so close out there, just the littlest thing… You don’t need to be off by much, and when you’re on, you don’t have to be on by much.

“Chevrolet certainly has some work to do. But they have my full support.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/ganassi-supportive-larson-chevrolet-slump/4372536/

Think Chip is in the last year of his Chevy deal.....Could be interesting.....

Think Chip is in the last year of his Chevy deal.....Could be interesting.....
Chip is in no position to be the #1 team for any new manufacture entering the sport. His only option would to go Ford. It would be hilarious if he became a satellite of Penske.

Chip is in no position to be the #1 team for any new manufacture entering the sport. His only option would to go Ford. It would be hilarious if he became a satellite of Penske.
:biggrin:

097D55CA-6B60-4F27-AB1B-C93BE602D8CD.jpeg
Basically

Larson coming back from a hell of a wreck at Talladega and finishing 3rd at Dover the next week, moved up 6 spots and is on the plus side of the cut off line..and crickets? :D

Good for him but this is literally the first race he's outperformed his teammate

Dodge. Dodge is coming back and CGR is going to be the factory team. The 42 Dodge Dealers Charger driven by Kyle Larson. Thats it.....

Good for him but this is literally the first race he's outperformed his teammate

Outside of Pheonix, either one car looks great or the other. Larson needed the finish for his confidence, he looked good all day as well. Kurt I think never got a handle on the car during the weekend, it happens to em all.

Let's see if he can string some good finishes together.

A question for you all. Was robby gordon ever hyped up in the beginning like larson? Was robby expected to win and be some super talented driver like they say about larson?

A question for you all. Was robby gordon ever hyped up in the beginning like larson? Was robby expected to win and be some super talented driver like they say about larson?
As I recall, there were a large number of stone tablets singing his praises.

Moore's law is the observation that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit doubles about every two years.

In other words Robby Gordon was a long time ago.

Did robby gordon crash as much as kyle larson?

Larsons team mate kurt busch runs up front and wins races. So what is kyles excuse

Larson needs to come back to Toyota where he is loved.

Did robby gordon crash as much as kyle larson?

Larsons team mate kurt busch runs up front and wins races. So what is kyles excuse
He won the All Star race this year. One of his problems is that he is way to nice on the track and gets used up by other drivers. Bowman should have been in the wall yesterday.

Revman how would toyota help, i mean kurt busch is running circles around larson in the same car

Larson has shown he can run fast. He hasn't learned how the edge of control changes during a race. Drivers tend to wreck cars during their sophomore year and Larson continues to make unforced errors. Is this his 3rd year? Hopefully he'll pick up on Kurt's experience.

Larson and KuBu are closer than the standings let on. Larson has made some silly errors, but has also been in a few "wrong place, wrong time" circumstances. More than likely, he will get that elusive points-paying victory before the regular season is over.

Revman how would toyota help, i mean kurt busch is running circles around larson in the same car

In honesty, a piece of my comment was tongue and cheek, but I do think that it would change things. First, he would be in better equipment. Second, he would be surrounded by a manufacturer who truly believes that he is the deal. David Wilson consistently references the Toyota Driver Development Program's existence because of the fact that Larson got away. To the point of the Driver Development Program.....that program also supports veteran drivers with everything from sim stuff to physical fitness to sports psychology. I think that they would give Kyle the guidance he needs (perhaps in union with Chip) to take him to the next level--IF, in fact, the next level lives within him. I would love to see it happen.

Larson and KuBu are closer than the standings let on. Larson has made some silly errors, but has also been in a few "wrong place, wrong time" circumstances. More than likely, he will get that elusive points-paying victory before the regular season is over.

I agree. The hype machine is in full bloom over Kurt.

Larson knows how to drive, he is in the same boat as JJ this year. Everything that can go wrong has. This car doesn’t fit his style as well as the old one. He’ll figure it out.

Larson knows how to drive, he is in the same boat as JJ this year. Everything that can go wrong has. This car doesn’t fit his style as well as the old one. He’ll figure it out.

Disagree. As I said earlier, it’s about using the car properly. You gotta be aggressive af in this package

He's a hell of a lot more fun to watch than McMurray IMO. He'll go toe to toe with them. Doesn't seem scared of nothing and has improved immensely since he figured out there is more than one lane to race in. He's racing against mostly pavement racers from almost birth.

He's a hell of a lot more fun to watch than McMurray IMO. He'll go toe to toe with them. Doesn't seem scared of nothing and has improved immensely since he figured out there is more than one lane to race in. He's racing against mostly pavement racers from almost birth.
Jaime Mac was fun as hell to watch, just that last season he was so off the pace it was quite shocking to see. Just it seemed like when the Gen-6 came along, it was not Jaime's cup of tea. He had some good seasons, but lets face it. His time had came and went, he knew that too.

Larson knows how to drive, he's won the all-star race this year but most seem to ignore that.

Back
Top Bottom