Kyle larson is robby gordon 2.0

I would only agree with that if he were in JGR or SHR equipment.

MRM what do u mean? Isnt ganassi one of the best teams in all of racing?

Who did robby gordon ever drive for. Earnhardts team mate? Wasnt that team pretty bad?

Not going to start a thread on this, but it's funny how Larson shoots his mouth off about Chevy, and not one word said here. Wow. Well, anyway, I found it interesting. Took a shot at the almighty Hendrick Empire. Wonder if Chip is getting ready to go in a different direction. Fingers crossed. Two more cars in the TRD stable would be perfect.

Not going to start a thread on this, but it's funny how Larson shoots his mouth off about Chevy, and not one word said here. Wow. Well, anyway, I found it interesting. Took a shot at the almighty Hendrick Empire. Wonder if Chip is getting ready to go in a different direction. Fingers crossed. Two more cars in the TRD stable would be perfect.
Check the Hendrick 2019 thread :D, I got this.

Love Larson. Have followed him since he was a baby calculator running K&N East, but I’ve never seen a driver with the disparity in level of hype and winning that he has. He’s not Robby Gordon, but Kasey Kahne is a pretty valid comparison. Both have a ton of talent and are fast as can be, but just don’t have what it takes upstairs to be a champion. And I’m sure the cliche gannassi is RPM excuse will be thrown out there, but the reality is, since the mid point of 2016 since Larson got a new crew chief, he has had very fast cars. Everybody likes to blame Gannassi, and they’ve had their moments to give away wins as well, but what about the other 50% of the time when Kyle does something stupid to lose a race?

Not likely at this moment. Things could definitely change, but as of today I'd bet against it.

Love Larson. Have followed him since he was a baby calculator running K&N East, but I’ve never seen a driver with the disparity in level of hype and winning that he has. He’s not Robby Gordon, but Kasey Kahne is a pretty valid comparison. Both have a ton of talent and are fast as can be, but just don’t have what it takes upstairs to be a champion. And I’m sure the cliche gannassi is RPM excuse will be thrown out there, but the reality is, since the mid point of 2016 since Larson got a new crew chief, he has had very fast cars. Everybody likes to blame Gannassi, and they’ve had their moments to give away wins as well, but what about the other 50% of the time when Kyle does something stupid to lose a race?

I've always thought the hype was a little ahead of reality on Kyle. Don't get me wrong, I think he has TONS of upside potential, but just like Chase, it doesn't mean much until you DO it. Kyle just seems a little out of focus and distracted sometimes, and I wonder about his frame of mind. He seems more interested in running sprint cars than Cup cars, and I think he just makes too many mistakes yet. Flashy highlight reel moves are great, but at some point, I'm just more interested in results.

Gannassi runs Ford's in the IMSA series so that would be my guess.

“Can never win”

Also:
GettyImages-597190388.jpg

p2377866383-o915700052-5.jpg

17RIC2nk10387-660x400.jpg

I don't think many followed Robbie Gordon's career or knew/witnessed his personality. He could out whine Truex, made Smoke look calm in the temper tantrum department, and exact opposite in personality to Larson. Two races in and it starts already..reminds me of a couple years ago.when will Larson win, uh waa, uh waa, on and on. Larson is a racer to the bone, he can drive anything fast period, and he was the only dominating Chevy at Atlanta. What about Logano's or Blaney's pit stops that took both of them out of the race, or KDB not only wrecking two cars, but missing pit entry? None of them have won this year either. o_O

Kyle Larson is still young, I think if you give him a season or two, he'll be punting drivers out of the way for that win.

Congrats Larson has 5 wins in his 6th season. OP went over the top but he makes a valid point. Larson fans just refuse to ever give any criticism to their driver, and that mentality is why he’s the exact same driver he was when he first entered nascar. Nobody is willing to criticize the kid.

Love me some Robby Gordon and I'll defend his overall racing talent to anyone.

I've gone some years without having a favorite driver in Cup, mostly because none of them ever struck me as much to get enthusiastic about. Larson is about the closest to finding a guy to cheer for I've had in some time outside of "general underdogs".

Love me some Robby Gordon and I'll defend his overall racing talent to anyone.

I've gone some years without having a favorite driver in Cup, mostly because none of them ever struck me as much to get enthusiastic about. Larson is about the closest to finding a guy to cheer for I've had in some time outside of "general underdogs".

Nobody with a brain would deny Robby Gordon's talent. On the other hand, in terms of results he didn't actually get that much out of it. Being super talented and being super successful are not always synonymous.

Larson looked pretty good in 2016 and 2017, but the hot garbage that is the Camaro probably hasn’t helped him much the last year and a couple races. I think he’s already surpassed Robby Gordon in terms of Cup accomplishments, although Robby was in garbage rides for all of his career other than his stint at RCR.

If Larson was less prone to making mistakes, there would be no comparison whatsoever. If he can recapture the form he was sprouting in 2017, the guy will be a serious threat. However, we've seen him choke way too often in the last 38 races.

I'm not a fan of Larson at all but the odds are this stuff will equal out and he'll eventually have a stretch where he's not throwing away wins.

Ganassi announcing he's going Toyota next year and putting Bell in the 1 car would be incredible.

robby gordon was an interesting character. its really too bad he didn't stay with childress, instead of starting his own team. all the other drivers say larson is the best so that is where the hype is coming from. However in the past we have to be careful with putting drivers that have driven chip's cars on too high of a pedestal. Lets remember everyone that left chip to run for other teams. None of them ran any better. in fact casey mears and jmac nearly lost their careers because they moved to different teams who had good cars but they could not get the job done. I will say I think larson drives a car totally different than other drivers. Larson tries way more things to get a car to run.

OMG, Kurt in a Toyota , that would be awesome.

Though I have been frustrated when wins have slipped through his hands at times, the fact that he runs up front enough that this becomes a topic says a lot. What says even more when fellow drivers compliment him just like Brad K saying if he started a cup team Larson would be his driver. I feel like fellow drivers have a lot more credible opinions than anyone else on this matter.

The newest generation has a lot to prove. Nobody (Elliott, Larson, Bubba, Jones, Blaney, Suarez, Byron, Dillons, Bowman) has shown much consistency. I still believe Larson and Elliott have the most potential. Elliott has come along nicely despite none of his teammates at HMS winning in years. Larson has the most speed but makes too many mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom