Larson

Then you are aware of something Claire B Lang isn't. She was talking about Chip saying they did not have a sponsor lined up and if anyone did they should call in. This was right before she interviewed Larson after his win today.
Yeah I don't know what to believe, I really don't think they will have a problem if they do have a problem.

CGR president Steve Lauletta told SportsBusiness Daily that the organization will look to replicate something similar to a deal with sponsors such as Credit One Bank, which sponsored the No. 1 of Jamie McMurray for a handful of races before moving several races to the 42.

“[The Credit One sponsorship has] been a great success all around, and now we’ll just have to do that again, and we will do that again,” he told SBD. “We feel like the potential for us is just sort of starting, and we’re happy that we’ve got a lot of conversations already going on that we can now put Kyle and the No. 42 in the middle of and get ourselves set for the future.”

SBD reports that CGR has a multi-race sponsor for the season that is new to both the team and the sport that it will introduce in the coming weeks.

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/142669-target-to-exit-nascar-when-2017-deal-ends

There is a big difference between stating that someone has a sponsor for next year and should have no problem getting one. Also getting a sponsor is easier than falling in love but getting a sponsor that pays the bills is a different matter.

Chip is in goof hands. Like Team Penske they can use a sponsor in more than one racing seies and besides they have a winning record in both series. Chip getting a sponsor can't be compared to RCR who are sponsoring 3 cars that may or may not get mentioned in the race.

The sport is "undergoing a correction", as the banksters say. I think Target picked the wrong time to get out of racing. They didn't see this level of success coming, but neither did anyone else.

The market is resetting on what sponsorship in Nascar is worth and some people are extremely defensive about even though it is just business. It will be interesting to see if Monster re-ups and if they do what kind of reduction they will want.

The sport is "undergoing a correction", as the banksters say. I think Target picked the wrong time to get out of racing. They didn't see this level of success coming, but neither did anyone else.

If Target feels they made a mistake there will be ample opportunities to jump back in but somehow I think they will be gone for good.

wouldnt target feel idiotic if larson wins the ship

wouldnt target feel idiotic if larson wins the ship

Not at all as Target, in all likelihood, feels that Nascar is no longer a good fit for them and would cease cutting checks and exit the series immediately if possible. CGR does not have a sponsor for the 42 next year so if Target had any doubts about leaving they could simply sign a new deal for less money and stay on the car.

Not at all as Target, in all likelihood, feels that Nascar is no longer a good fit for them and would cease cutting checks and exit the series immediately if possible. CGR does not have a sponsor for the 42 next year so if Target had any doubts about leaving they could simply sign a new deal for less money and stay on the car.

sometimes business decisions get made and regardless of the performance of the advert its time to move on. Optics seem strange to an outsider.

I think ALL sponsors are looking to renegotiate their contracts. We will just never know how it is being done. Most could say "cut the drivers pay by 2 million" and it will be done. Most drivers in the 60 million range would just retire.

sometimes business decisions get made and regardless of the performance of the advert its time to move on. Optics seem strange to an outsider.

From a fan perspective the optics look downright strange as who would want to bail out on a young up and coming driver that has championship potential?

75% of his wins are at an aeropush cookie cutter track

75% of tracks NASCAR goes to are aeropush cookie cutter tracks

75% of the tracks in the playoffs are aeropush cookie cutter tracks

Larson is poised to perform well for a long time with those numbers.
What other "cookies" came from the same "cutter" as MIS?

What other "cookies" came from the same "cutter" as MIS?
michca.jpg

C'mon man, races at Michigan and Fontana are very different races. Any knowledgeable observer who views those races can readily see the differences. Saying a line diagram defines a race track... grasping at straws IMO.

C'mon man, races at Michigan and Fontana are very different races. Any knowledgeable observer who views those races can readily see the differences. Saying a line diagram defines a race track... grasping at straws IMO.

One was designed after the other. The asphalt is different ages and that's why they race so differently. Once they pave Fontana, they'll be the same, again.

If CGR and Kyle Larson have a sponsor problem, then that exposes just how big of a problem NASCAR is going to have moving forward. I for one can't wait till Kyle has made enough to back out and move back to his roots. Dirt Sprint cars and outlaw karts. Coming from a meager background . He wont take long to be set for life.

You would think so, Auto Club's banking is different with multi groove racing, Michigan has much steeper banking and is a much faster track, one lane racing for the most part. Great for the Truck setups. But Cookie cutter's works for people who aren't paying attention or are are easily bored. A race broke out at Michigan both series this weekend IMO.

Being a sponsor in NASCAR is overpriced & overvalued.

IMO Monster Beverage Corporation played it correctly.

It's not NASCAR as much as just how things are changing. Despite the lower TV ratings, NASCAR is still the #1 summer sport. Bottom line is people aren't watching near as much TV as they used to traditionally, so now those ad dollars need to go to things like Hulu, Facebook and Twitter.

IMO it's amazing how essentially no women my age have cable, sports are the only reason 20 something guys are getting cable/sat

If CGR and Kyle Larson have a sponsor problem, then that exposes just how big of a problem NASCAR is going to have moving forward. I for one can't wait till Kyle has made enough to back out and move back to his roots. Dirt Sprint cars and outlaw karts. Coming from a meager background . He wont take long to be set for life.

wishful thinking I guess.. He gets to do both. I would think a racer like he is would be pretty content about now.

It's not NASCAR as much as just how things are changing. Despite the lower TV ratings, NASCAR is still the #1 summer sport. Bottom line is people aren't watching near as much TV as they used to traditionally, so now those ad dollars need to go to things like Hulu, Facebook and Twitter.

IMO it's amazing how essentially no women my age have cable, sports are the only reason 20 something guys are getting cable/sat

that has been the case for years, Cable is holding sports hostage to keep them from going over the air. It's the reason they paid so much for a long term contracts with Nascar and others If it wasn't for sports, cable would really be in terrible shape.

wishful thinking I guess.. He gets to do both. I would think a racer like he is would be pretty content about now.
Yea, I guess Saturday may have changed the whole deal... somewhat.. he gets to do both, and still performs on a high level on Sunday. Not sure anyone couldve written a better script other than to have won at Knoxville Saturday night..

You are making some rather large assumptions there. I'll be surprised if Larson cuts short his Cup career to race sprints and/or go karts. I'll be surprised to learn he doesn't want to be there, but just doing it for the money. JMO and I've been surprised by stuff before... but I'd take that bet.

With driver salaries plummeting we may see more guys making appearances at other tracks in other disciplines to supplement income. Larson only makes 50 bucks an hour signing shirts and we know how he feels about that.

You are making some rather large assumptions there. I'll be surprised if Larson cuts short his Cup career to race sprints and/or go karts. I'll be surprised to learn he doesn't want to be there, but just doing it for the money. JMO and I've been surprised by stuff before... but I'd take that bet.

Lew, What I posted was from my own personal perspective . Kyles persepctive may be significantly different . If Chip continues to let Kyle eat dirt, he will have the best of both worlds.. and that will certainly factor in to the longevity of his day job.. as long as he is having fun..

With driver salaries plummeting we may see more guys making appearances at other tracks in other disciplines to supplement income. Larson only makes 50 bucks an hour signing shirts and we know how he feels about that.

Not sure what he sold at Knoxville, but our group of campers came out of there with no less than 25 pieces of apparel...Im not sure exactly how many cup guys were there on Saturday night, but it was significant. To name a few Kyle, Kasey, Ricky, Tony, (who own WoO teams) Max Pappas and Ryan Newman , and Christopher Bell, who also raced Saturday night.

Not sure what he sold at Knoxville, but our group of campers came out of there with no less than 25 pieces of apparel...Im not sure exactly how many cup guys were there on Saturday night, but it was significant. To name a few Kyle, Kasey, Ricky, Tony, (who own WoO teams) Max Pappas and Ryan Newman , and Christopher Bell, who also raced Saturday night.

If you can have some fun and make money doing a side job how good is that?

Back
Top Bottom