Larson

he will pack the house Saturday night. I would love to be there, it's really Larson's thing, sprint car on dirt.
House was already packed before the decision. As a Kyle fan since 2004. This decision amazes me. I never thought it would happen. I've been in Knoxville for two weeks. Here's Paul Sivas 57 (Kyles)on my truck and trailer coming back from the car wash yesterday. To have the 57 in the 57th annual Knoxville Nationals makes me happy.

20170810_121400.jpg

Awesome news regarding Knoxville.

ESPN will have an E:60 special on Larson on Sunday night at 9 eastern.

Big kudo's to Chip. yeah I know Larson is young, but two cup practices on Saturday at Michigan, rushing over to Iowa and racing the Sprint feature, then back Sunday for a 400 mile cup race? That is taking a big chance that Larson might not be 100%. Good stuff. I bet Larson is really happy about now

Another free option that I use quite often is the Race monitor app. There's no audio or video but it shows timing and position instantaneously during the race.

Anybody think hes going away from CGR now? Thanks Chip for letting Kyle race this week at Knoxville. I didnt think it would happen. Wen I listened to your interview with Claire B today on the trip Home from Knoxville. Chip said he got to Michigan at 2 am. I couldnt watch the race as we were traveling, but I did listen to it on the way home. Even tried to find a pub when it went red with 4 to go but couldnt find one open, so I just pulled over and pictured it in my mind as it played out. Again, Thank you Chip! There was a whole plane load of "Nascar" guys that came to Knoxville last night, amazing night..

Anybody think hes going away from CGR now? Thanks Chip for letting Kyle race this week at Knoxville. I didnt think it would happen. Wen I listened to your interview with Claire B today on the trip Home from Knoxville. Chip said he got to Michigan at 2 am. I couldnt watch the race as we were traveling, but I did listen to it on the way home. Even tried to find a pub when it went red with 4 to go but couldnt find one open, so I just pulled over and pictured it in my mind as it played out. Again, Thank you Chip! There was a whole plane load of "Nascar" guys that came to Knoxville last night, amazing night..
I wonder if he runs Indy 500 next year. Plus with Chevy commitment to CGR, Larson's future is bright at CGR.

It's getting harder and harder to be a naysayer.

The beginning of his career is starting to look more and more Gordon-like.

Kyle Larson is a tremendous talent and will without a doubt be a future face of the sport but it's way to early to label him the second coming of Jeff Gordon.

Kyle Larson is a tremendous talent and will without a doubt be a future face of the sport but it's way to early to label him the second coming of Jeff Gordon.

Well, he's 2nd in points and just got his 4th career W in his 4th season, 3rd of the year. The numbers aren't super far off.

Well, he's 2nd in points and just got his 4th career W in his 4th season, 3rd of the year. The numbers aren't super far off.
Three wins at the same track though. That's incredible and shows his skill at a particular track but no variety. Gordon won at an array of tracks, everything from mile and a halfs to Daytona to Bristol in his first couple years.

Like I said, he's extremely talented, but I need a couple of years before I'm willing to call him the next legendary driver.

Three wins at the same track though. That's incredible and shows his skill at a particular track but no variety. Gordon won at an array of tracks, everything from mile and a halfs to Daytona to Bristol in his first couple years.

Like I said, he's extremely talented, but I need a couple of years before I'm willing to call him the next legendary driver.

He's a threat to win at every single track.... he's ran second at several.

He's a threat to win at every single track.... he's ran second at several.
I know that... but the win column says four with three at Michigan. That is all I'm saying. He needs to close the deal at more tracks before I will even begin consider him to be the next legend.

I know that... but the win column says four with three at Michigan. That is all I'm saying. He needs to close the deal at more tracks before I will even begin consider him to be the next legend.
75% of his wins are at an aeropush cookie cutter track

75% of tracks NASCAR goes to are aeropush cookie cutter tracks

75% of the tracks in the playoffs are aeropush cookie cutter tracks

Larson is poised to perform well for a long time with those numbers.

I completely agree he will be successful, I just don't agree with calling him JG II

Not to mention, he races ****** sprint cars regularly. Tough to be exclusively good at giant race tracks when you also kill it on 3/8th mile dirt tracks.

Big kudo's to Chip. yeah I know Larson is young, but two cup practices on Saturday at Michigan, rushing over to Iowa and racing the Sprint feature, then back Sunday for a 400 mile cup race? That is taking a big chance that Larson might not be 100%. Good stuff. I bet Larson is really happy about now

Looks like the "big chance" paid off in a very big way.

I completely agree he will be successful, I just don't agree with calling him JG II

I wish he could find a sponsor like Jeff. One has to question what's going on with the sport that is keeping a sponsor from stepping in and spending money with this young man.

Looks like the "big chance" paid off in a very big way.

I wish he could find a sponsor like Jeff. One has to question what's going on with the sport that is keeping a sponsor from stepping in and spending money with this young man.
Chip says they have long term sponsorship lined up, but I guess we can make an issue out of that.:D It won't be long enough, or not enough money or the wrong brand.

Chip says they have long term sponsorship lined up, but I guess we can make an issue out of that.:D It won't be long enough, or not enough money or the wrong brand.
Yep, some people can't accept this sport is going to be in great hands with all of the upcoming young guns. All they care about is Velveeta is only paying 175k a race...

Then you are aware of something Claire B Lang isn't. She was talking about Chip saying they did not have a sponsor lined up and if anyone did they should call in. This was right before she interviewed Larson after his win today.

I guess they lost Credit one too. Last I heard Chip said they had long term sponsorship..guess not.

Yep, some people can't accept this sport is going to be in great hands with all of the upcoming young guns. All they care about is Velveeta is only paying 175k a race...

If a person chooses to believe it, it's hearsay. Might be in line with a secondary which is what Kraft is doing besides being a primary for a number of races. But nothing is in writing to check on anything.

I guess they lost Credit one too. Last I heard Chip said they had long term sponsorship..guess not.
She was saying that she couldn't believe that a company hadn't stepped in to sponsor the team and the amazing talent Larson is. Hope the win helps. He's earned a big sponsorship for that team via performance if nothing else.

At truck practice Sauter's truck was running without a sponsor. They said with Alligiant on the truck, people thought they had a sponsor. They picked up one for the race. Probably work for Chip letting everybody know. I thought he had it lined up.

Then you are aware of something Claire B Lang isn't. She was talking about Chip saying they did not have a sponsor lined up and if anyone did they should call in. This was right before she interviewed Larson after his win today.

I had not read anything where it said the 42 was sitting on a sponsor for next year but some folks tend to get confused easily or just throw stuff out hoping it will stick.

If a person chooses to believe it, it's hearsay. Might be in line with a secondary which is what Kraft is doing besides being a primary for a number of races. But nothing is in writing to check on anything.

One of the worst things Nascar did was accept a check from Monster for a relatively small amount of dough.

Back
Top Bottom