Las Vegas test 1/31-2/1

Nascar has scheduled five "drafting sessions" during the Las Vegas test, 25 laps each, with the first one being within the streaming window that FL outlined. Here is what NBC Sports said about the schedule...

The test, which is open to the public, will be from 11 a.m.- 10 p.m. ET Thursday and from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m. ET Friday.

On Thursday, the first of three drafting practice sessions will begin at 2 p.m ET. The other two drafting practice sessions are scheduled for 6 and 8 p.m. ET.

Friday will feature two drafting practice sessions at Noon and 2 p.m. ET.

Cars on track in January and NASCAR is giving us the live stream? Yes please.

Still not a fan of what we have seen from tests so far but keeping fingers crossed.

Watching now!!! Cars on track!! Wooohooo. -30 wind chills here in Ohio but this is warming me up.

OK, now I have a picture ( real dark) and they tell me it is #6 of Newman but it isn't anything
exciting to watch because of the poor camera. They did spend quite a bit of time showing "south Point" and the finish line. :)

- Definately on-throttle throughout the track
- Lowered-tone of engines compared to last year
- Cars look like they have been slowed down

That's about all I can tell about right now. We'll see a lot more cone draft practice and I would like to hear drivers opinions at the end of all of this.

If you'll have a browser on your Smart TV, Fire Stick or Roku, you may want to take in the testing that way. A lot better on the big screen rather than a PC/Laptop.

Really disappointed at the quality of the picture.
It's Nascar free, what can I expect.

Interesting, but not surprising. Everyone will think they are superman until the falloff starts to happen. Any tire specifications for the test? As in if they are using a softer or harder compound for Vegas?
Goodyear said in November they anticipate bringing the same tire to the first several intermediate tracks.

Interesting, but not surprising. Everyone will think they are superman until the falloff starts to happen. Any tire specifications for the test? As in if they are using a softer or harder compound for Vegas?

They are still figuring it out I believe. They have a bunch of wheel force cars on track for this test with this package.

We'll see how long that happens, I mean its just the eye test. I'm engineers will be going bonkers with the new information after today.

They are still figuring it out I believe. They have a bunch of wheel force cars on track for this test with this package.

For sure, its not something they will instantly learn. It takes time like any other season, but it will be interesting to see who is the most ready out of the box at the intermediate tracks. Then, throughout the season we'll see how much more downforce teams will gain. Games of chess are being played as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom