Legacy to Toyota

Actually, this kills the stupid theory that Dale Jr was going to buy into Legacy and that was going to be a way for him to bring a JRM entry into Cup. I never bought that for one second, folks were trying to connect the dots but I could never figure out how those dots connected after “Jr is friends with Jimmie.”

Actually, this kills the stupid theory that Dale Jr was going to buy into Legacy and that was going to be a way for him to bring a JRM entry into Cup. I never bought that for one second, folks were trying to connect the dots but I could never figure out how those dots connected after “Jr is friends with Jimmie.”
Wow, I never heard that one.

As much sense as Jr is buying Rick Ware cause Cody got arrested.

Exactly, When Jr comes to Cup it will be Jr Motorsports and I stand behind my belief it will be in 2024 with Berry driving. He's got the money and he can attract the sponsors, his biggest hurdle is of course the Charter, not because it assures the team of making every race,that wont be a problem, its the huge increase in the purse that comes along with it.

Over my entire career I never heard that. I know they had factory support when others didnt but that wasnt chasing a buck, it was brought on by them winning early.
Why do you think the king raced under so many different badges? Someone was willing to write a bigger check and they were willing to take it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Why do you think the king raced under so many different badges? Someone was willing to write a bigger check and they were willing to take it.

He moved to different brands to be competitive, example he moved to Ford when Chrysler wouldnt let him switch from the Superbird to the Dodge Daytona which was clearly faster. Petty was a racer, he didnt want to be at a disadvantage. Bobby Allison drove in 9 different brands, was he chasing a buck?

I have to hand it JJ for making things happen. This year seems to be a dumpster fire, but next year with the TRD resources it will certainly be an improvement

So how does this all work? WE write a check to Legacy, and Coach requires a bigger check from teams of which he has no affiliation....if I am piecing The Narrative together correctly. Goofy.

Rev thinks he's the yota whisperer.
Naw....I've never come off like I know more about MY Toyotas....Big fan....That's it. A voice necessary to counter your bull****.

Well to be fair, he is OUR TRD (RF’s.Com) Whisperer. Ask Chadly and Jeff, they’ll tell you.
Where did Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb go after the second penalty? The Felon still has them on lockdown.

Bagley and Pistone discussing whether or not Legacy to Toyota is good thing....How is this even a question. Chevy didn't give Legacy ****.

From what Maury said it doesn’t seem like there’s any sort of JGR alliance at all, they wanted to stand alone and will get support directly from Toyota.

From what Maury said it doesn’t seem like there’s any sort of JGR alliance at all, they wanted to stand alone and will get support directly from Toyota.
....and that is the way it will be....but @StandOnIt needs his narrative.

I thought Toy racing has said they have a set budget for Nascar. It gets divided between however many reams their are. So adding another to me means preacher and denis are likely getting less. Has this funding model changed

I thought Toy racing has said they have a set budget for Nascar. It gets divided between however many reams their are. So adding another to me means preacher and denis are likely getting less. Has this funding model changed
If I remember an earlier interview with one of the TRD guys they basically said with the new car they don't have the ability to do near as much R&D so that would allow them to maintain a budget but expand teams.

Would you see it as reasonable to increase the budget to accommodate an additional team, or would that be viewed as “excessive” because…Toyota?

I'll be honest -
JJ to TRD makes me want to puke,

Legacy to Toyota is a fantastic move for them. This year has been a total disaster for that team. There's nowhere to go but up, & switching to Toyota will certainly help as well.

They have the talent, so not sure why they're struggling so much. Jones was pretty good last year with 13 top 10's.

Let's all play a game. Take a drink every time @Revman says "narrative" and see who dies first of alcohol poisoning.

Exactly, When Jr comes to Cup it will be Jr Motorsports and I stand behind my belief it will be in 2024 with Berry driving. He's got the money and he can attract the sponsors, his biggest hurdle is of course the Charter, not because it assures the team of making every race,that wont be a problem, its the huge increase in the purse that comes along with it.

100% agreed

Would you see it as reasonable to increase the budget to accommodate an additional team, or would that be viewed as “excessive” because…Toyota?
Some may say it is reasonable, others might say well You said you would not. WE can all change our minds, just like you might wake up one say and buy a dodge

As a life time Jimmie Johnson fan and present day Noah Gragson fan I am thrilled and honored that fate prompted me to join your side @Revman

Let's go places.

Well to be fair, he is OUR TRD (RF’s.Com) Whisperer. Ask Chadly and Jeff, they’ll tell you.
I think the hillbillies knew how to jazz up the names best and Chad Lee is better than Chadly imo.....

I think the hillbillies knew how to jazz up the names best and Chad Lee is better than Chadly imo.....
I never even knew Chadly was a name until it was brought up here.

Chadly. The Dominator.
1683135885871.png

I know TRD spoke with several teams who were interested in making a move. They were most impressed with Jimmie, his vision, and knowledge of what it takes to win races. I truly don't think they would have chosen them without his involvement with the team. I know expectations won't be tremendously high in '24, but there will certainly be expectations of winning (like, real wins - on speed vs circumstances) in '25. I believe both drivers have 1 year left on their contracts (I could be wrong). Will be interesting to see how that shakes out. I know Denny and MTJ are pretty much winding down, so there might even be a situation where, in '25, Toyota has more Cup seats than pipeline drivers (for the first time ever???).

As a life time Jimmie Johnson fan and present day Noah Gragson fan I am thrilled and honored that fate prompted me to join your side @Revman

Let's go places.

Can't say I'm thrilled about, but it's certainly not the end of the world.

Let's go places.
LET’S GOOOOOOOOOO!

Back
Top Bottom