Martinsville to add lights!

They definitely coulda used them them last November!
CulbN23W8AAgGDc.jpg:large

@bobpockrass
8s
Clay Campbell says it will be a $5 million project. Says times for 2017 won't change but does give them some options for later start times.

@jeff_gluck
1m
Martinsville Speedway will become the first major sports facility in North America with LED lighting.

I don't think that is right. I think the Cardinals' stadium is all LED. But it will certainly be the first motorsports facility with LED lighting.

They also laid VHT compound down.

For the tire test only, but the drivers (Martin Truex Jr in particular) didn't like both lanes being equally fast and so they removed it for the upcoming race and foreseeable future.

For the tire test only, but the drivers (Martin Truex Jr in particular) didn't like both lanes being equally fast and so they removed it for the upcoming race and foreseeable future.

The Late Model drivers hated it too.

I'm glad the drivers didn't like it. Was worried NASCAR was gonna ruin another race.

I like the idea of treatments at certain tracks, but Bristol needs to go back to 2006 Bristol & Martinsville shouldn't be touched.

Now if the fall race moved to Saturday night under the lights the week before Bristol you'd have the best three races in NASCAR in a row.

Please leave Martinsvilles Chase race where it's at. Swap Dover & a Martinsville Spring races if they want a night race.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will rain the first race there next year and they will have to race it at night.

How about moving the All-Star race here?

Not gonna happen but it'd be great if it did.

The heck with lights , I'd love to see the all star race run there at night . Especially without lights , that would finally make it fun to watch .

Hold up...haven't they already had modified races at night at Martinsville?

Temporary lights.

I'm okay with the lights going up. I think EVERY track should be required to have lights to host a major league NASCAR race. Including the road courses and Talladega.

Back
Top Bottom