Martinsville to add lights!

I'd like that they have the lights here as an insurance policy in case this race goes long but I don't think that a night race will turn out to be nearly as good as the day races. The added grip that they'd obtain on that inside line would probably degrade the racing that we see there. Fans already complain after each race about the advantage the inside line has. It would be even more apparent if this race went well into the evening. That being said, I can't wait to see the first night race there. It's still Martinsville..... The best track on the schedule.

I'd like that they have the lights here as an insurance policy in case this race goes long but I don't think that a night race will turn out to be nearly as good as the day races. The added grip that they'd obtain on that inside line would probably degrade the racing that we see there. Fans already complain after each race about the advantage the inside line has. It would be even more apparent if this race went well into the evening. That being said, I can't wait to see the first night race there. It's still Martinsville..... The best track on the schedule.

Unfortunately it is quite normal for Nascar and/or the tracks to take something that is very good and turn it into something less than desirable. I think I am down to 3 races (both Martinsville and Sonoma) where I am guaranteed of a good race. To potentially lose one of those guarantees does not sit well with me. The reason I went to the Bristol night race for over 25 years was because it was a guaranteed good race and one of the reasons I stopped going was because Bruton decided to ruin a good thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but for everyone saying a night race would ruin Martinsville, aren't the effects of day vs night much less on concrete compared to asphalt? Remember, the inside of the turns where grip actually matters are concrete, not asphalt. I was under the impression that unlike asphalt concrete doesn't really gain grip at night. I guess we should look at Bristol. Again, could be wrong here.

Unfortunately it is quite normal for Nascar and/or the tracks to take something that is very good and turn it into something less than desirable. I think I am down to 3 races (both Martinsville and Sonoma) where I am guaranteed of a good race. To potentially lose one of those guarantees does not sit well with me. The reason I went to the Bristol night race for over 25 years was because it was a guaranteed good race and one of the reasons I stopped going was because Bruton decided to ruin a good thing.

Come out to Fontana, brother! I'll buy you dinner. :D

Disagree with ya a little there. Martinsville is awesome, but Bristol still has more excitement especially with that bottom groove compound they've put in, and then I go Daytona, Richmond, Dover before putting Martinsville in

The All-Star Race should be done away with altogether, IMO.

Mid-week race at Martinsville has been rumored since the lighting project was announced. That's around the time the "NBC wants mid-week races" rumor started up.
I think I'd like the idea of a mid week race...a short track weds night or thurs night race would be pretty cool.

I would love to see Kansas, Charlotte RC, and Texas Chase races become midweek races instead of competing against football.

I would love to see Kansas, Charlotte RC, and Texas Chase races become midweek races instead of competing against football.

I would like to see Kansas, Charlotte and Texas Chase races become short track races instead of competing against C-SPAN as the most likely thing to cure insomnia. :p

Back
Top Bottom